Thread: fire it up !!

Threaded View

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

fire it up !!

So this last Sunday i missed nascar racing. I usually never miss the races well never to do with a way to watch it.
    I have a paid subscription to a Canadian satellite provider (Bell), also a not so paid sub if you follow my meaning and also have the iptv services.

You'd think with just those 3 services I would never miss nascar.
    Well first off my paid sub was down due to relocation of the equipment. And the iptv channel was not working... and My other sat service was down cause my Dreamlink T5 finally gave up it's HD card (I think its the DL200 card or maybe it's the DL100, not sure anymore). It lost signal anyway. I have the motorized dish with that setup with a Ku-Band and C-Band LNB combo. I can pick up some Ku-Band and C-Band SD signals but not any HD signals on either band.

The T5 is a satellite HD mpeg4 STB , and it's been running here since probably maybe 10 years or more/less.
    I did at one time have extra DL200 cards for these boxes but had since given them to needy homes.
    So I went looking in my Tickle Trunk today, cause I don't wanna miss another Sunday race
    I know I have other T5 box and even a T4 maybe which is mpeg4 SD and would work for HD channels, and also an original Dreamlink HD which had no T designation,,, they just called it a Dreamlink HD.
    I found 2 T5 boxes and 1 HD box and 1 T4 box and a jynx HD box too

BUT I also found a Dreamlink T6 !!

That one is a Hybrid... It has an Android System w/ Kodi Helix onboard, and also has Satellite function (w/mpeg4 HD) and it's 'Back End' system.
    The T6 if any remember had a few issues, Mostly was that it was extensively cloned and it did not get an Android update after the 4.3 version nor did it get a updated Kodi version and of course has became unsupported and obsolete since.

I don't care, it's a relic and I wanted to fire it up !!

So I did.

Got the Playlist Loader working so far.
    It took for-ever and a day to load the channel list thru Playlist Loader but it finally completed and it's working.

Now to get the satellite end working and I will be happy camper... me and my old and way out of date and not very user friendly Dreamlink T6

If anyone has any stories of odd or unique setups that they have done or witnessed lately, please do tell us
    It does not have to be a Dreamlink setup.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-04-2022 at 11:37 PM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren