Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Pastor jailed after allowing church service

That's right, you read that thread title correctly.

Pastor James Coates has been put behind bars this last Tuesday and remains behind bars to this day Thursday.
    He opened his church to his congregation this last Sunday and was arrested for it.
    He would have been released Tuesday, but he refused to agree with the release conditions which said that the church would remain closed.
    So he stays behind bars in an Alberta jail (Canada).

This the same legal system that has released hardened criminals from jail because of the covid. Their logic was that the criminals in jail were at risk due to overcrowding, so many criminals were released. And do not think that these released criminals were deserving of being released, no sir !
    These were hardened criminals serving time.

But hey, nothing wrong with jailing a Pastor.
    Something defiantly wrong here !
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-19-2021 at 12:29 AM.
    The inmates are running the asylum
    ― some guy

Nascar Pool Diecast Two Time Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Just the Beginning, We have been Warned awhile ago...!!!
    WWJD...?!?

He should have held church at Walmart

This is so messed up.
    Hundreds and hundreds of people go in and out of Walmart all day long.
    Or get coffee at Tim Hortons with the staff there dealing with money and different people all day long, and have you seen how they put a coffee lid on your cup ? They put their hand all over the top while they snap it down.

But the family business and churches too are closed down due to risk of spreading covid

We are not in Kansas anymore Toedo !!
    ― some guy

I think the age of churchgoers are a big factor to consider, singing etc.. I disagree with jailing of the pastor, they should just have fined him.
    Now do I think governments over-reach? Absolutely!! But it's never limited to one party, it's always the party in power.
    Code:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/faith-based.html
    Code:
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6920e2.htm
    Code:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/11/19/936857525/evangelical-doctors-group-pleads-with-churches-to-stay-home
    Code:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53803011
    Last edited by zaang83; 02-19-2021 at 01:00 AM.

fact is that he was warned to keep his church at 15% capacity but he ignored that. He had no choose but to ignore it.
    There are people out there that are committing suicide and other harm is coming to people over this covid mandates set by a corrupt and criminal government.
    People look to the church for some peace of mind.
    I am not religious person but I do understand this.
    There is not a Pastor in this world that in good conscience would turn away these people.

Our rights are being striped from us, due to covid (so they say)

It was reported that not even one case of covid has been linked to this Church and it's congregation.

Now I gotta step away. I gotta go to Timmys and grab a coffee, maybe stop by Walmart and buy something I do not need while I am at it. I hope i do not have to stand in line for very long, I hate them lines

My sarcasm was not directed at you zaang83, nor anyone else here.
    It was directed at the people that make these mandates which go against our rights. All those people have no hardships due to covid
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-19-2021 at 04:30 AM.
    ― some guy

No offence taken crazed 9.6, you have my full respect, I can tell you are a concerned citizen. And, yes, there are many people that have experienced much hardship caused & accelerated by COVID and the government's policies. The division of the "haves" and the "have nots" is growing exponentially and COVID has shown this even more. Just look at the stock market and then at main street, it's such a stark example of the decimation of the folks in the middle class.

I guess what I am saying is all government in power is criminal and corrupt because they ultimately serve the rich and the privileged. The rich and the corporate have bought the politicians, all of them. The Citizens United ruling in the US accelerated this with dark money and Canada has the same damn problem. What we need is balance, a move back to the middle somehow, the sooner the better because "the land owners and the serfs system" is beginning to emerge again.

As for dealing with the pandemic, there is obviously a demand and supply problem with the vaccines and big pharma is going to get represented and monetize this profitable "opportunity" as this is what they are there to do.

The church should be open for services everyday and that way people that can't attend because of the restrictions one specific day, can go on another day.....this is the time for the church to have more controlled traffic but they are also resource challenged. Stuff is messed up man............the wrong interests are being represented because of wealth's influence.
    Last edited by zaang83; 02-19-2021 at 02:24 PM.

get active
    This is just my opinion as there are some laws that go totally ignored by law enforcement and others in which people need to be protected from law enforcement. Changes, should be considered although breaking the law to get them is a non option. If people are legally charged with breaking a law, then its up to those who break them to provide adequate reasoning or be prepared to accept whatever consequences that come from a presiding judge. All are subject to appeals which may work better with a better argument with good reasoning to win an appeal. A reasonable judge considers appeals and sometimes rules with a warning although I wouldn't count on a white collar to save anyone from being prosecuted. As for the church, of any religion, its subject to the laws and they can appeal whatever ruling that is made providing they have adequate ground on which to base the appeal. For those who ignore the laws, break the laws .......... I'd advise against it.

You guys are both correct of course.

These things tee me off so much that I just get carried away in what I say.
    I would be of no help in getting a legal point of view across, not unless I could stop my opinionated comments.

thnx for posting guys
    ― some guy

@crazed 9.6, please never stop your comments, opinionated or not. The most important thing with posting comments/opinions/politics, is to never insult or try to silence someone stating or sharing or disagreeing with their opinions if done respectfully; it's civil discourse. That's why we live in the USA or Canada or in any "almost free" society. When you type words, civil discourse is even more important! Just my 2 cents CDN.......
    "Glass Half Full Always"

OMG don't get me going but a bit of good news there has been a couple cases that have been thrown out of court because of human rights issues.

Code:
    https://www.rebelnews.com/help_fight_the_fines
    These people have been awesome at helping fight civil rights cases with no charge to you

The last 2 cases they won
    There are no dumb questions. Just dumb answers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast