Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Warrior
    I have Windows 7, so I downloaded 17.3 for W7 and installed it on a USB drive so as to make it portable. I then configured Simple Client with the same info I have been using, and I get working channels and a guide. I need to adjust the time settings but it does fully populate. Not sure why yours is not working... sorry.

This is how it shows for me>>>
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ihrztkc56lquzv/ScreenShot231.jpg?dl=0
    MAG254 on IKS66 (wired not wifi)

Warrior
    I used the April23 m3u in that screenshot above, if I use the big list (3000+) then most of the guide disappears... that may be your problem. Try the smaller list and see what happens, you can always edit the list to include your favourite channels.

TV Addicted
    I get the guide fine on PVR Stalker Client, not on PVR IPTV Simple Client ( Nightik-2.4.11.1). It is on a S812 STB. The channels all load and play fine.

The channel matching fails due to the tvg_id and the channel_id from the m3u playlist and the xml guide.
    PotatoTV and Stalker appear to handle or modify the files to match.
    /kens

Quote Originally Posted by juan_vale View Post
    This is for those using Simple Client in KODI. I still use KODI 15.2 (if it aint broke don't fix it) and I hope it will work in more recent versions.

First of all credit goes to viper8690 for his excellent guide which is the basis for this project. Not all channels have a guide mainly because
    there is no guide for them at the location where Viper8690 gets his information. Also there are 3000+ channels on our servers and most people are
    only interested in the first 200 - 300 of them, so this project only covers those channels from zero up to the adult channels.

You will need a new m3u list, I'm on IKS66, I believe Rocket and NFPS use the same channel lineup so should work with them as well.
    Sensitive information has been removed from the m3u and you will have to edit it back in using your information which you will find in the m3u
    file you download from your donation checker, editing is easily done with a good text editor (I use TextPad) using the find/replace function

Simple Client needs to know where to look for the guide information, which is done in it's config page, you need to tell it where you store the
    m3u file on your computer and the URL of the guide information. Here's how:-

1.- Download and extract the new m3u and photos from
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p2d5hrbd6qb1jj/NewList.rar?dl=0
    Using a good text editor which has a find/replace function insert your information in the fields YYYYY (URL) and ZZZZZ (User/Pswd). This information is available in the m3u file you download from your donation checker.

2.- Open the config page of Simple Client in KODI. Under the 'general' tab set LOCATION to Local Path and M3U PLAY LIST PATH to where you stored the
    edited m3u file (NewList.m3u)

3.- Under the 'EPG settings' tab set LOCATION to Remote Path and XMLTV URL to
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/viper8690/epg/master/guide.xml
    I did not need to set anything else on that tab.

4.- Under 'Channels Logos' just select Prefer XMLTV

5.- Finally in SYSTEM - SETTINGS select the TV tab and then 'Guide' and select CLEAR DATA... this will eliminate any old epg data you have stored.

I normally reboot KODI at this point. When it reloads you will see the channels load and then the guide loads.

TIMEZONE. The basic viper8690 guide is in GMT. To adjust to your timezone you will see a new line has been added at the start of the m3u list
    #EXTM3U tvg-shift=-7
    This line is to adjust for your timezone, where I am we are at -7 so you will have to adjust accordingly.
    i keep downloading in step 1 of your guide, and all i get is file named ' Get started with Dropbox.. i get a flag while downloading that says 'cannot preview m3u file. i click on ok to continue any way, but i end up without any pictures or m3u files.. i'v done this 15 times & get the same result... can any1 help???
    chasing em all!

Warrior
    I just checked and the file is downloading correctly. When you get to download,select 'Direct download' and you should get some indication that the file is being downloaded. It will go to your download folder of whatever browser you are using. You could also do a search for the file on your pc, if it has been downloaded it will be there... NewList.rar

Let me know...

i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.. i did several searches for the ;NewList.rar, with no luck.. runnin win10.. downloads r configured to go to 'download folder.. trying to set up server in kody 16.. tried to use kody way back & gave up on it then(beyond my ability!). new box is Max Tv 4k. appreciate the effort u've put into all this.. should mention that i'm on nfps, so i never received channel list.. tks...
    chasing em all!

Hey guys when i download the info from ( hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/viper8690/epg/master/guide.xml ) this is what i get trying to extract using WinRar Can you help me
    Thankyou
    i'm an old timer who is always learning..Knowledge is Power tO survive

Warrior
    That is because it is not a .rar file. if you put the address into a webpage you will get a long script with all the guide information. If you save the file as 'guide.xml' you can open it with any text editor. Really you should be putting the url in the guide part of Simple Client and it will do what you expect, if you have the modified channel list as the names in the guide and channel list have to match exactly and unless you use the modified list, they do not.

i seem to be stuck on step 2 of the guide. when configuring the local path it doesn't allow me to enter anything. it gives me a list of files to select from. that's it.. the list of files don't match the list of files on my 'puter, & i don't know what to do. since both r on the same network it seems like there is a way to map location but the stb would only allow me to do so under the 'remote selection.
    chasing em all!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast