PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between 11.privateserver and portal.privateserver

mombasa123
10-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Apologies if I am being thick here but I cant figure it out. I am trying out Stalker Client and that only seems to work with 11.private whereas IPTV Stalker only seems to work with portal.private (authentication failed otherwise).

Also the channels on 11 are LQ compared to portal (eg BBC1)?

Thanks

Blackbear199
10-23-2015, 11:38 AM
someone can correct me if i'm wrong but its something like this from what I remember...
11.iptvprivateserver.tv redirects to hxxp://portal.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html
portal.iptvprivateserver.tv doesn't use a redirect,it adds /stalker_portal/c/index.html to the existing url.
that why is you try 11.iptvprivateserver.tv with iptv stalker it doesn't work as the url would be hxxp://11.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html(which doesn't exist) and vice versa as portal.iptvprivateserver.tv has no redirect if you try it with stalker client which needs the 11.iptv.. link.

mombasa123
10-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Thanks - did a bit more digging and saw that 11 was for pvr stalker and portal for iptv stalker but didn't know why.

Also, there seems to be a difference in picture quality pvr stalker (LQ) vs iptv (MQ)? Would stop me from using pvr stalker if thats the case :(

ilan
10-23-2015, 04:04 PM
If BlackBear's interpretation is correct, both URLs resolve to the same server and would offer the same stream. Thus, there shouldn't be a quality difference.

mombasa123
10-25-2015, 02:20 AM
Yes i would have thought so too but all BBC/ITV/4 etc channels are low res compared to IPTV stalker :(

Not a killer as Sports channels are all same quality as IPTV Stalker but a shame as I am really beginning to like PVR Stalker

psycon
10-25-2015, 02:24 AM
11.iptvprivateserver.tv is just a redirect to portal.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html .

both are essentially the same. although kodi 16 requires the use of portal.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html as it will not listen to redirects.

high247
10-25-2015, 04:42 AM
Thanks - did a bit more digging and saw that 11 was for pvr stalker and portal for iptv stalker but didn't know why.

Also, there seems to be a difference in picture quality pvr stalker (LQ) vs iptv (MQ)? Would stop me from using pvr stalker if thats the case :(

Quality is the same. Only thing that can actually effect picture quality is the hardware you use.

On my android box I can see the pixels on fast movement but on my mini pc I can't see the same pixels artifacts.

mombasa123
10-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Actually, IPTV Stalker Channels (BBC x, ITV,x etc) have all dropped to LQ (640x360) so same as PVR stalker.

That's a pity :(