PDA

View Full Version : Couple newb questions?

curgs
10-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Been reading and reading sorry for being such a newb

I understand if i want pvr option then i would get 0.8.4 if i download latest version of kodi

Should i also install 9.0.21 as well

Not sure really what its used for,, or do i need it for setting up an epg like ivue

I will be getting a donation for rocket and would need to use their stalker client as well

This is with using a mx box

Also one more newb question,,,,, where do i go in kodi to disable live tv

I have presently downloaded kodi on my laptop to play around with kodi to try and get familiar with things

Tks guys and gals

curgs
10-22-2015, 03:25 AM
I guess my questions are real newb but wouldn't mind if someone could help

unheeding
10-22-2015, 03:28 AM
Kodi has a built in Guide that will work once you setup the 0.8.4 Stalker PVR. It's better than iVue so I wouldn't bother with that tbh.

curgs
10-22-2015, 03:55 AM
Can we record with this set up too?

curgs
10-22-2015, 03:57 AM
Also,,, so then do i need stalker 9.0.21 or just 0.8.4

unheeding
10-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Also,,, so then do i need stalker 9.0.21 or just 0.8.4

Apples and oranges. 9.0.21 is the video addon itself, meaning all the channels. This is the first thing you want to configure and get working. Once that's set, you can configure the 0.8.4 (PVR). Doing so will allow you to use the Kodi built in Guide. In other words, 9.0.21 is important to get the channels, 0.8.4 is important to see descriptions, what's playing, what's next, etc... Like any "real" TV Guide.

So to answer your question, you don't NEED the 0.8.4 (PVR), but it makes the Stalker Addon (9.0.21) infinitely better.

eureka
10-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Been reading and reading sorry for being such a newb

I understand if i want pvr option then i would get 0.8.4 if i download latest version of kodi

Should i also install 9.0.21 as well

Not sure really what its used for,, or do i need it for setting up an epg like ivue

I will be getting a donation for rocket and would need to use their stalker client as well

This is with using a mx box

Also one more newb question,,,,, where do i go in kodi to disable live tv

I have presently downloaded kodi on my laptop to play around with kodi to try and get familiar with things

Tks guys and gals
The PVR Stalker Client works in conjunction with the built in Kodi Live TV feature which gives a full channel list plus epg & channel manager plus access to the PPV Movies.

The IPTV Stalker Video Addon is separate & works the same as other Kodi Video Addons but doesn't have an epg & you don't have access to the VOD If you intend using the iVue guide you would need to install & use the IPTV Stalker Video Addon.

Unless you have a particular reason to use iVue I'd recommend using the Live TV/PVR Stalker option as it has more features & when configured correctly works really well. In that scenario you don't need the IPTV Stalker Video Addon installed at all.

You can actually install & use both options (IPTV Stalker Video Addon and Live TV/PVR Stalker) & use either, but I'd advise just setting one option up at a time.

Alucard
10-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Apples and oranges. 9.0.21 is the video addon itself, meaning all the channels. This is the first thing you want to configure and get working. Once that's set, you can configure the 0.8.4 (PVR). Doing so will allow you to use the Kodi built in Guide. In other words, 9.0.21 is important to get the channels, 0.8.4 is important to see descriptions, what's playing, what's next, etc... Like any "real" TV Guide.

So to answer your question, you don't NEED the 0.8.4 (PVR), but it makes the Stalker Addon (9.0.21) infinitely better.

Just FYI, you do not need the Stalker Video addon to use the PVR Stalker Client. Now you would if you wanted to use the PVR Simple client instead of the PVR Stalker client.

curgs
10-22-2015, 06:18 PM
thanks for all the info,,, so then I guess thee is no recording option with any iptv boxes?

Alucard
10-22-2015, 08:26 PM
thanks for all the info,,, so then I guess thee is no recording option with any iptv boxes?

Not at this time. It has to be supported by the back end servers and this requires more hardware.