PDA

View Full Version : So many questions

cct3925
10-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi all,
I have so many questions and hope someone can clarify before I decide. The more I read the more confused I am.
1st: Is watching IPTV on Kodi (computer) same as watching on a box like Mag 254 or a Android box (MagTV -Stalker IPTV Emulator)?
2nd: Are the UI the same between three?
3rd: Which three is the easiest to setup?
4th: If I am in the east coast, am I watch the east coast time shows?
5th: Is watching IPTV the same as regular tv? Meaning I select the channel I wish to watch from a tv guide? Or are the show pre recorded (not live)?
6th: Can the mac address be use between all platforms?
Thx in advance.

crazed 9.6
10-11-2015, 02:30 PM
kodi works on many platforms.
Using a computer or a set top box you will see slight differences , like the mouse interaction for instance, but kodi is kodi.
Some platforms like the avov did for a short time with the Online boxes, only allow the Helix 14.2 Kodi version. That still is kodi but with an added application. Since then thou things changed and avov has newest kodi version available too.
I don't think the Mag does kodi. I don't know emulators too well thou.

IPTV and Kodi aren't the same. Kodi will carry an APP to allow IPTV servers (Stalker app)
IPTV servers vary drastically in what they may carry.

cct3925
10-11-2015, 03:13 PM
kodi works on many platforms.
Using a computer or a set top box you will see slight differences , like the mouse interaction for instance, but kodi is kodi.
Some platforms like the avov did for a short time with the Online boxes, only allow the Helix 14.2 Kodi version. That still is kodi but with an added application. Since then thou things changed and avov has newest kodi version available too.
I don't think the Mag does kodi. I don't know emulators too well thou.

IPTV and Kodi aren't the same. Kodi will carry an APP to allow IPTV servers (Stalker app)
IPTV servers vary drastically in what they may carry.

Thx for your input. From what I have read, it appears Mag 254 is a plug and play where Kodi or Android Box requires add ons. Any inputs for my other questions 2 to 6.

dara
10-11-2015, 03:48 PM
See my signature for basic help and start reading the stickies in the Kodi area. To be very short, Kodi does have a learning curve, it can provide live channels as well as on-demand programming, and is deployable on many platforms. If you need easy, get a MAG or an AVOV box. If you want cheap and flexible, do the learning about Kodi.