PDA

View Full Version : TVOnline+ Stuck in endless boot cycle

xc420
10-08-2015, 02:44 AM
Got my TVOnline+ in yesterday. I started to set it up today and went to network settings. Apparently, It comes already set to DHCP but in network settings the Default gateway was blank, so I figured I would setup with static IP address. I clicked on Manual and couldn't change anything so I backed out of Network settings. After that point, every time I click on network settings, the screen would go black for a second and I wound up back at the Settings menu. I could go to everything else in the settings menu but not network settings. After that point I decided to check out apps, to see if I was actually online. Some of the apps said "Loading" At that point I figured I was probably offline and then decided to reboot. Big mistake. Now I'm stuck in endless boot cycle with "AVOV" on screen with purple streaks on the screen and won't boot up anymore.

Does anyone know how to reset or restore Image? Is there a manual for this thing yet? Last time I checked, there wasn't a manual on the AVOV website.

Thanks.

Capt.Kangaroo
10-08-2015, 02:58 AM
Got my TVOnline+ in yesterday. I started to set it up today and went to network settings. Apparently, It comes already set to DHCP but in network settings the Default gateway was blank, so I figured I would setup with static IP address. I clicked on Manual and couldn't change anything so I backed out of Network settings. After that point, every time I click on network settings, the screen would go black for a second and I wound up back at the Settings menu. I could go to everything else in the settings menu but not network settings. After that point I decided to check out apps, to see if I was actually online. Some of the apps said "Loading" At that point I figured I was probably offline and then decided to reboot. Big mistake. Now I'm stuck in endless boot cycle with "AVOV" on screen with purple streaks on the screen and won't boot up anymore.

Does anyone know how to reset or restore Image? Is there a manual for this thing yet? Last time I checked, there wasn't a manual on the AVOV website.

Thanks.

theres a reset hole on back. unplug, insert a paperclip plug back up while keeping paperclip pushed in for 5 seconds.

xc420
10-08-2015, 03:04 AM
Well I found restore button on back, hopefully this works :D

Thanks Captainkangaro, we posted at the same time.

Capt.Kangaroo
10-08-2015, 03:05 AM
It worked for me in the past
found this reply also using the search function at top of page:

TV-ONLINE does have a reset button...........if you look on the back .there is a small slot just below the word Micro.I used a very thin wire and can feel the button click when I push it...........I suggest you hold the reset button in and then power the box up while holding the reset button...after ten seconds let go the reset button and the box should give you choices to factory reset

xc420
10-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Thanks sir, it does work. :)

Capt.Kangaroo
10-08-2015, 03:08 AM
Thanks sir, it does work. :)

Awesome. Happy to help...:)

xc420
10-08-2015, 03:17 AM
Well spoke too soon. I was able to get to the restore menu and I chose factory reset, when it finished I chose to reboot. When it rebooted it went to screen that I saw the first time I turned it on - Package Installer except TVOnlineSys never completed. It's stuck on 17%. URL completed quickly 100% and Tunein Radio 100% but TVonlinesys stuck at 17% and not moving at all. I did IP scan and it's on the network.

Another reboot and it completed to 100% this time. Thanks

I won't be setting a static IP address this time. :D

Capt.Kangaroo
10-08-2015, 03:19 AM
Well spoke too soon. I was able to get to the restore menu and I chose factory reset, when it finished I chose to reboot. When it rebooted it went to screen that I saw the first time I turned it on - Package Installer except TVOnlineSys never completed. It's stuck on 17%. URL completed quickly 100% and Tunein Radio 100% but TVonlinesys stuck at 17% and not moving at all. I did IP scan and it's on the network.

Another reboot and it completed to 100% this time. Thanks

I won't be setting a static IP address this time. :D

Lol...glad you got it going

Marley
10-08-2015, 03:33 AM
what static should have nothing to do with it

xc420
10-08-2015, 04:43 AM
what static should have nothing to do with it

I agree but when I turned my box on for the first time, I tried setting up IP address and my box needed to be reset. Maybe I have a bad box because I'm having other issues. I'm starting a new thread in TVOnline+ forum now.

gorupa
10-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Same problem here. I setup the box with WiFi and did not have any problem. Moved to another room and tried to connect with cable. It did not connect. Changed to Static address and it went into endless reboot. I had to clean up the box (reset button at the back / erase all data) and start all over again. Finally got it working again.

Marley
10-09-2015, 03:35 PM
report a bug here if you think you have one please http://bugs.avov.tv one thing i can tell you is give this box lots of air and space and i have it a few inchs off the base it needs air but my room get very hot

xc420
10-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Yes there is a definite problem trying to set these up with a static IP address. Just use DHCP for now, otherwise you will have to reset your box and start all over again. I sent them a bug report, I'm sure they are aware of this issue.

LuluPu
10-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Well trying to change my connection to see if it worked any better changed from DHCP to Static and also got the endless loop, now I am in the process of resetting it, the problem is I bought mine with the server set up installed at the store while waited so I don't have the information. Will have to call tomorrow to see if they send it to me or worse yet will have to take the box back for them to set it up again. Just had it for a week so hopefully no problem there but I did spend a lot of time installing add ons and apps. It is a bug or if is not meant to work on Static IP then the option should not be there. I am in the process of reloading apps but will have to wait until tomorrow if I can get my server details from the store.

LuluPu
10-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Well, got it all up, I made an error when I entered the URL again, caught on to it corrected the URL and back up again! Once you get familiar with the box it is pretty easy and straight forward to set up. But I definitely will not try he Static IP setting again. It really was a lot easier to get Kodi and all apps set up again this time around.