PDA

View Full Version : No Contest: Anderson Silva's victory over Nick Diaz at UFC 183

Kimbo
02-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Just like that, Anderson Silva's 18th career Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) victory will be overturned to a "No Contest" by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) following "The Spider's" positive test for performance enhancing drugs (PED) in a January 9th drug screening.

NSAC executive director Bob Bennett broke the news to Brazilian outlet Fohla:

"It will be ruled a NC (no contest). I don't know if he will receive the win bonus after this change. That's UFC's call, but a percentage of his purse will be held because of this episode."

The bout currently stands as is -- a victory for Silva -- but that will soon change once the NSAC completes a vote to overturn "The Spider's" victory.

The history books will no longer show Silva's rousing victory over Nick Diaz in his return to the Octagon at UFC 183 following a 13-month layoff due to a horrific leg fracture he suffered at UFC 168 in his title rematch against Chris Weidman.

Instead, UFC 183 will forever be looked at as a black eye for not only "The Spider," but for the sport of mixed martial arts (MMA), as many now believe Silva's legacy as the GOAT is tarnished.

The NSAC tested Silva for banned substances on Jan. 9th, but only received the results of the failed test the day after the mammoth pay-per-view (PPV). According to the NSAC, had they gotten the results sooner, Silva would not have been allowed to compete on Jan. 31 in the main event of UFC 183.

Of course, with UFC 183 being a major business success, many believed the NSAC covered up the test results in order to allow the fight to go on -- a claim that Bob Bennett has vehemently denied.

Silva has denied ever taking drostanolone and androstane in a statement through Ed Soares, but he will have to face the NSAC at a disciplinary hearing sometime in March or April.

'chasing...
02-08-2015, 05:46 AM
i can't believe he did this. he just don't need to cheat.. little doubt who won,, but they beat the crap out of each other the whole fight! neither seemed to even bother blockin stuff. both of them can sure take a lickin...

Kimbo
02-08-2015, 12:52 PM
I thought it was closer than what the judges delivered but this would definitely place a bad image of Silva's career.