PDA

View Full Version : MAC Adress is not there anymore!

PVRUser
09-28-2015, 09:15 PM
OK guys, I was away for 4 months so I did not use the service at all. (I couldn't, I was in a remote area where it was not possible to have Internet access). Now that I'm back, I saw the service is now (finally) private. I have a subscription since a long time ago and it is still active for half a year. About five months ago, I had linked my MAG 254 MAC address when we were asked to do so.

Now, today I tried updating my MAG 254 with the new URL http://11.iptvprivateserver.tv/ in order to be able to watch TV again but the portal doesn't even load, the bar remains empty. So I went to verify my donation status and I was surprised to see that my MAC address was not there anymore! How could that have happened? Why wasn't it linked anymore? I tried putting it back but it just says "Mac Address Could not be Updated". What's wrong?

K00lKatT
09-28-2015, 09:32 PM
there is a new r12 update for mag, try it and see if it helps the connection prob. If it doesn't re-link your mac

Marley
09-28-2015, 09:37 PM
when you checked the mac address was it there or did it say you need to update at bottom

PVRUser
09-28-2015, 09:43 PM
there is a new r12 update for mag, try it and see if it helps the connection prob. If it doesn't re-link your mac
OK I was at r10 and I made the update to R12 but I still have the same problem. I cannot link my MAG 254 address anymore at https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps. It still says "MAC address could not be updated". Why?

when you checked the mac address was it there or did it say you need to update at bottom
When I checked at https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps site I noticed that my MAC address was not there anymore (it used to be when I linked it about 5 months ago). It just shows 00:00:00:00:00:00. At the bottom there are two rectangles which says: "Change IPTV MAC address" and "Change Port". That's it.

So, I tried re-entering it and this is when I get the message: "MAC address could not be updated". I don't understand why the MAC address was erased. Could someone (staff) do this for me manually if I send my info in PM?

K00lKatT
09-28-2015, 09:58 PM
did you check to see if your donation is still valid (current), and depending on when you got it you may have to upgrade a iks only to iptv..

PVRUser
09-28-2015, 10:03 PM
It is still valid for 153 days as I renewed on February 28, 2015. I could not renew with IPTV at that time, there was no option do do so yet... If I have understood this post correctly here: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4822-NFPS-Announce-%28PRICES-and-IPTV-INFO%29

It says:
"All CURRENT ACTIVATED DONATIONS will be able to use the IPTV service AT NO EXTRA COST until the donation expires. All donations that are purchased prior to the free trial portal closing will be eligible and remain valid for the IPTV service."

I should be OK no?

K00lKatT
09-28-2015, 10:19 PM
yes, you should be okay...have you checked your donation to see if still valid, the question remains???

PVRUser
09-28-2015, 10:32 PM
On the papio site it says Status: Active Remaining days: 153 days. Is that what you mean?

I don't know what to do from now. What's next?

(BTW please move this thread in NFPS section, I made a mistake posting in the wrong section).

K00lKatT
09-28-2015, 10:35 PM
try re-linking your mac addy to your donation...

PVRUser
09-29-2015, 12:05 AM
That's what I did... I tried many times again and again and I always get the same problem. What's the solution for cases like this?

high247
09-29-2015, 12:43 AM
Try a different mac and see if that links then link your mac. Hope that works out for you.

Jeff-9
09-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Link the mac address on the mag 254

PVRUser
09-29-2015, 01:14 AM
Guys, the MAC address I'm trying to re-link (because like I said it used to be there IS my MAG254 MAC address!) And it just doesn't work. Why are you telling me to link my MAG 254 MAC address? This is exactly what I am trying to do. Why would I link a different MAC address than the one from my MAG254. I tried anyway and I got the same error message that the MAC address could not be linked. It's like I'm turning in circles now. So, what do I do from now with this? I paid for my subscription and I'd like to be able to use it as well. Here is the picture that I see:

Should I contact http://iptvprivateserver.is/ directly and explain the problem? What's the procedure? Please help.

K00lKatT
09-29-2015, 03:17 AM
submit the all zero mac addy, then go back and put in your boxes mac and submit it...

PVRUser
09-29-2015, 03:45 AM
Tried that and it did not change anything. Submitting all 00 resulted with the same error message.

I can't believe I'm the only one without solution for this, I saw many posts with people having the same problem but I did not find any solution within these posts.

K00lKatT
09-29-2015, 03:49 AM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?5987-Where-to-buy-and-what-to-do-once-you-do-it-Look-here

PVRUser
09-29-2015, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the guide. The problem is that it did not help me since I have done all that. If you remember correctly, I said previously that mysetup was working before and my MAC address was linked at papio site too about 5 months ago. Yesterday when I came back for a long trip (almost 3 months and a half), I just changed the new URL in my MAG 254 since it went private and that's it. It did not work so I went to see if my subscription was still there at papio site and I noticed the MAC address just disappeared from the site without any reason. So, what's the next step for me from now? Who can resolve this? Somebody from here or directly at the site where I bought my subscription because, yes I bought it directly from http://iptvprivateserver.is/ back in February and not from a reseller.

K00lKatT
09-29-2015, 04:31 AM
if your donation is still active all you need do is link your mac, follow the directions carefully, when entering alpha characters for mac use lower case to enter. They may show as upper but that doesn't matter. There are no upper case characters in hexadecimal #'s.

tuxen
09-29-2015, 06:58 AM
what happens if you try put in a 00:1A:78:xx:xx:xx address insted of 79 I realize this wont help getting access for your mag. but just to see if you can get it to accept something.

eureka
09-29-2015, 07:09 AM
Why would I link a different MAC address than the one from my MAG254. I tried anyway and I got the same error message that the MAC address could not be linked.
The logic behind doing that would be to get any MAC address linked to your donation, after which you should (hopefully) then be able to re-link the original one from your MAG254.

xbmcbg
09-29-2015, 02:19 PM
The message "Mac Address Could not be Updated" means that you have a spelling error in the MAC address and is quite likely to restating existing one (the presence of AVOV boxes in this portal prone to error of this nature )
My advice is to send email to papiao team and they will solve the problem quickly

PVRUser
09-29-2015, 05:54 PM
if your donation is still active all you need do is link your mac, follow the directions carefully, when entering alpha characters for mac use lower case to enter. They may show as upper but that doesn't matter. There are no upper case characters in hexadecimal #'s.
I tried both lower and upper cas many times with the same error.

what happens if you try put in a 00:1A:78:xx:xx:xx address insted of 79 I realize this wont help getting access for your mag. but just to see if you can get it to accept something.
I don't want to try this because if it works and I can't change it back to my MAG 254 MAC address after, the problem will remain. But also, see the answer I made to the last member in this thread.

The logic behind doing that would be to get any MAC address linked to your donation, after which you should (hopefully) then be able to re-link the original one from your MAG254.
Same answer than previous one.

The message "Mac Address Could not be Updated" means that you have a spelling error in the MAC address and is quite likely to restating existing one (the presence of AVOV boxes in this portal prone to error of this nature )
My advice is to send email to papiao team and they will solve the problem quickly
It's strange because I'm really sure there is no mistake in my MAC address and also, it used to be there before! This is what I just did to send a message to papiao team. I hope they will answer quickly. This is also why I don't want to try different MAC addresses like some other members suggested me to do. Since it shows all 00 for now I want papiao team to see the same thing than what I have described to them first.

PVRUser
09-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Still did not get an answer from papiao site after sending the email.

I saw there was a page where we can check the MAC Address status here: https://papiao.is/main/search_mac/en
When I enter my MAG 254 MAC address there, I get this message: "Invalid MAC provided, please verify and try again."

No wonder why I cannot update the page in the donation page!

I don't know what to do anymore. I guess I should ask at NFPS site, maybe they will provide me a solution.

BTW: Earlier in this thread, I asked for this thread to be moved in the NFPS section but nobody moved it yet.

K00lKatT
09-29-2015, 10:41 PM
you need to take a pic of the sticker on bottom of mag with mac & serial #'s, also all your pmt info including order # and email it to the contact email at your donation site...

PVRUser
09-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Done. I sent everything to [email protected] a while ago. I have included the picture of my MAG 254 sticker containing MAC and serial number info along with my order number, donation number and email used to make the order on February 28, 2015.

Now, I'm gonna wait and see if they answer me.

I saw all threads where I've seen that I was not the only one in this situation, where the MAC address from MAG 254 or other methods which were previously linked to their donations were reset to 00's as well. In other situations, people have the MAC already used problem. It looks like there was or (still is) a glitch with that validation system.

K00lKatT
09-30-2015, 01:13 PM
there is no glitch, the system is protecting itself and the users. In your absence, someone obviously started using your mac on an android or pc using emu or stalker. This makes the need for you to send proof of your valid mac. If you had followed the help offered already you prolly could have taken care of this yourself, thks...

wwopi
09-30-2015, 03:44 PM
PVR-- I originally had a similar problem and the resolution was simple.
I had entered the complete MAC address. When I used the 00:1A:79 and
the last three pairs of the MAC address, all was fine.

PVRUser
09-30-2015, 06:04 PM
there is no glitch, the system is protecting itself and the users. In your absence, someone obviously started using your mac on an android or pc using emu or stalker. This makes the need for you to send proof of your valid mac. If you had followed the help offered already you prolly could have taken care of this yourself, thks...
Glitch or not, if my MAC address would have been used by somebody else, I would get a different message no? Something like MAC address already used... and this is not what I get: MAC address could not be updated. Go figure.

PVR-- I originally had a similar problem and the resolution was simple.
I had entered the complete MAC address. When I used the 00:1A:79 and
the last three pairs of the MAC address, all was fine.
Tried that already.

BTW still no answer from papiao. What's the average time for an answer, 48 hours?

K00lKatT
09-30-2015, 06:10 PM
invalid mac message usually means exactly as I stated...if you already know everything why are you asking us??....just curious...:)

it could also mean you didn't enter your mac correctly, thks

PVRUser
10-01-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't know everything at all, this is exactly why I came here. I was just assuming things in a logic way and I did enter my info correctly.

I did not get any answer from papiao site yet, after sending everything requested yesterday. I'm still without any solution. I'm left to myself. This is just insane.

PVRUser
10-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Finally, it got resolved! papiao site did not even answer me but they did put back my MAC address themselves. It's there now. And for your info, it my same MAC address that I was trying to enter, no mistake, no typo info...

Thanks anyhow.