PDA

View Full Version : Constant Buffering fix

psycon
09-26-2015, 04:09 AM
All credit for this goes to Alucard,
Tested myself and the results are night and day. Great work!

Below contains some Advanced Settings for cache/buffer settings. The file names have the general settings based on how much memory your device has. Copy the file to one of the following locations based on your OS. You will need to rename the file to advancedsettings.xml. Only use this if you do not have a advancedsettings.xml already. If you do then add the above to it instead.

Windows:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

Android:
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata (make sure your file viewer can see hidden folders)

Updating Fire TV and Fire Stick.
I am assuming that you do not have a advanced settings.xml file yet.
1. Download the zip.
2. For Fire Stick extract the advancedsettings_1Gig_Mem.xml, for Fire TV extract the advancedsettings_2Gig_Mem.xml. Rename it to advancedsettings.xml
3. Now you need to copy the file to your fire stick to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata on your Fire Stick/TV.
3. Restart Kodi.

Now getting the file to the Fire Stick can be done several ways.
1. If your computer is shared on your network, then you can use the Kodi File manager
2. Assuming you used Amazon FireTV Utility/adbfire to side load Kodi, you can use the Push File To Download Dir option and send the file over that way. Then you can use the Kodi File Manager to move it to the correct location.
3. Side load ES File Explorer and use that as a File Manager to copy the file from your computer as in #1. Or you can enable the FTP Server in ES File Explorer and use a FTP Client to copy the file over.

1iwilly
09-26-2015, 11:32 AM
thanks will try it on my fire stick also which one would i use for galaxy s5 been it has a 16 GB

Alucard
09-26-2015, 01:51 PM
The 8 Gig will work. That is what I am using on my 32gig machine.

1iwilly
09-26-2015, 02:29 PM
well so much for that when i added to my firestick it was from a fresh install it's 10.27.am on stars cinema buffering/freezing like crazy it hasn't fail yet every weekend

Sanford
09-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Been there, done that, still unwatchable no matter what I watch it on.

Marley
09-26-2015, 04:32 PM
so far my fire stick that i gave to a friend is working great for him like the post

Sanford
09-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Been there, done that, still unwatchable no matter what I watch it on.

Shortly after installing this in the proper spot I had to pull the plug out of the back for a different reason and when I rebooted and turned stalker back on there was no freezing. I had restarted kodi after putting this file on the box but it was still freezing quite badly until I pulled the plug. So I retract my original statement, it does work and quite well I might add. I've never been able to watch anything on stalker on the weekend, this is a first. I'm impressed.

field3d
10-01-2015, 02:51 AM
I installed on Minix Neo X8-H Plus the 2gb xml file and is much better than before just still buffering a little. I guess that ocassionally buffering could be network drops something normal because all is very stable now.

Thank you for these amazing files.

jorostr
10-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Works very gooooooooood!!! Thank you!!

cpr43
10-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks! Works fine in S802 Android. Good Job!

cpr43
10-04-2015, 02:20 AM
Wish infomir can come up with something similar for the Mag's!! :D Good Job!

psycon
10-04-2015, 02:29 AM
Wish infomir can come up with something similar for the Mag's!! :D Good Job!

the mags work fine.. even with this fix, kodi works no better than a mag... if a mag freezes, kodi will freeze.. this fix resolves an issue where kodi devices buffer far much more than mags due to the lack of a playback buffer.. mags already had that built in.

the freezing you are wishing away is either server side, or a problem with your internet conenction..

cpr43
10-04-2015, 02:55 AM
the mags work fine.. even with this fix, kodi works no better than a mag... if a mag freezes, kodi will freeze.. this fix resolves an issue where kodi devices buffer far much more than mags due to the lack of a playback buffer.. mags already had that built in.

the freezing you are wishing away is either server side, or a problem with your internet conenction..

I'm not comparing or not satisfy with the Mag 254. Just like to mentioned that I have (2) Mag 254 (1 with r10 & the other with r12) side by side with (2) Androids 4mb 16ram with latest Kodi and this xml file with 20 meg Cable internet and the Mag freeze more often than the Androids. Androids has more tweaking and around the corner trick to ease the freeze problems. To me both are pretty good boxes. I still keep my Mags as my main boxes.

psycon
10-04-2015, 03:06 AM
nice thanks for the comparison.. I have not done extensive testing between all the boxes side by side really.

I did jsut find out my ISP makes the connection choppy as hell.. the UFC was freeziing on and off constantly... switchted to my VPN connection and everything is working flawlessly.. my VPN provider is PIA, if anyone else wants to give that a shot. ( no i am not seeking referrals, or have anything to do with them, just an honest suggestion)

PVRUser
10-04-2015, 05:37 AM
Is there a mistake in some files?

I see in the respective files:
1GB: <cachemembuffersize>39321600</cachemembuffersize>
2GB: <cachemembuffersize>78643200</cachemembuffersize>
4GB: <cachemembuffersize>314572800</cachemembuffersize>
8GB: <cachemembuffersize>78643200</cachemembuffersize>

Shouldn't it be something like this:
4GB: <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
8GB: <cachemembuffersize>314572800</cachemembuffersize>
???

Alucard
10-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Nice catch. I updated the file on the OP here: http://iptvtalk.net/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=64477.

Psycon: can you update the file please..

buba
10-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Is stalker client down? Channels not loading

cpr43
10-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Loading channels/guide slower but working fine!

psycon
10-05-2015, 01:53 AM
Nice catch. I updated the file on the OP here: http://iptvtalk.net/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=64477.

Psycon: can you update the file please..

i dont have access to that file

Marley
10-05-2015, 01:57 AM
i dont see anything ?

nelsonlfs
10-06-2015, 11:35 PM
i download file , open zip, copy/paste only the 2gb to a matricom gbox, i did it correctly? seems the same or more buffering (rebooted box also i unplug it) any help will be greatly appriciated @cpr43 si me puedes explicar en espaƱol mejor gracias..

Alucard
10-07-2015, 12:32 AM
Did you rename it? To tell if it is working, when you fist change the channel it will buffer a few seconds.

field3d
10-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Is just me or buffering issues began. I use rocket with stalker for IPTV. I've been using for days the file of this post without problems but in these 2 last days the buffering is terrible again. I tested my speed connection with the speed test page and I have 30-60 Mbps. I'm using the file in 2 devices a Himedia Octacore the model that reads 4K at 60fps and a minix neo x8-h plus. Both Devices using the file since I posted in October 1 were working amazing perfect and was very clear the fix but like I said here at the beginning of the post these last 2 days is terrible. Other applications are working great and is not Internet Speed because like you see I have not the best connection but good and other video streaming apps run without problem. What could be the problem or why I have again buffering problems? I went to the directory where is the file on both devices and the file still there without any modification. I'm using the 2gb file.

Shoma
10-16-2015, 06:01 AM
I had the same issue with buffering for the last few days.
Since today, running just fine. No freezing at all.
Stalker for NFPS on Kodi - PC.

Marley
10-19-2015, 04:38 PM
they say the server had a problem they are working on it

Aids10
10-21-2015, 11:55 PM
All credit for this goes to Alucard,
Tested myself and the results are night and day. Great work!

Below contains some Advanced Settings for cache/buffer settings. The file names have the general settings based on how much memory your device has. Copy the file to one of the following locations based on your OS. You will need to rename the file to advancedsettings.xml. Only use this if you do not have a advancedsettings.xml already. If you do then add the above to it instead.

Windows:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

Android:
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata (make sure your file viewer can see hidden folders)

Is there a mistake in some files?

Shouldn't it be something like this:
4GB: <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
8GB: <cachemembuffersize>314572800</cachemembuffersize>
???

Thanks guys; off to give her a go! :cool:

Links for those interested-
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

<cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize> <!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams ahead in memory Kodi will not buffer ahead more than this.
WARNING: for the bytes set here, Kodi will consume 3x the amount of RAM
When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM, as of v12 Frodo -->
<buffermode>0</buffermode> <!-- Choose what to buffer:
0) Buffer all internet filesystems (like "2" but additionally also ftp, webdav, etc.) (default)
1) Buffer all filesystems (including local)
2) Only buffer true internet filesystems (streams) (http, etc.)
3) No buffer -->
<readbufferfactor>1.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file.
This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 1.0. -->

<minvideocachelevel>5</minvideocachelevel> <!-- Cache up to this level in the video buffer buffer before resuming playback if the buffers run dry. -->
<minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel> <!-- Cache up to this level in the audio buffer before resuming playback if the buffers run dry. -->
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer> <!-- Cache PVR stream in DVDPlayer. -->

bongskie
10-22-2015, 03:21 AM
nice thanks for the comparison.. I have not done extensive testing between all the boxes side by side really.

I did jsut find out my ISP makes the connection choppy as hell.. the UFC was freeziing on and off constantly... switchted to my VPN connection and everything is working flawlessly.. my VPN provider is PIA, if anyone else wants to give that a shot. ( no i am not seeking referrals, or have anything to do with them, just an honest suggestion)

im also using VPN PIA and i can say its really good considering i have only 3 mbps dl speed. my buffering problem disappeared

psycon
10-22-2015, 03:54 AM
yeah PIA is rather slow.. but totally fast enough for streaming.... most channels work flawlessly for me through them.
has anyone tried PureVPN, they are supposed to be really fast.. or can anyone recommend any other, faster vpns in the 3-5$/month range

Alucard
10-22-2015, 12:29 PM
yeah PIA is rather slow.. but totally fast enough for streaming.... most channels work flawlessly for me through them.
has anyone tried PureVPN, they are supposed to be really fast.. or can anyone recommend any other, faster vpns in the 3-5$/month range

I use PureVPN. Generally get 20+MBit downloads. I have a 2nd router setup just for VPN traffic and I route specific traffic through it automatically. They had a special 49 bucks for two years so that makes it less than 2 buck a month. So far been happy with it.

Scholly
10-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Hi there,
When referring to the "gigs" is it Ram or Rom? I have and Android s805 Gig Ram and 8 Gig Rom - which do I use?

Thanks in advance.

psycon
10-22-2015, 10:21 PM
thats for how much ram your device has.

stiff_014
10-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Im nit a computer expert. Can you please write a detailed instruction for fire stick specially renaming and how to load it. Thank you

Johnnymo9210
10-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Need help loading it onto the Fire Tv, I have the 2GigAdvanceSetting renamed it and put it onto a USB, plugged it into the FTV, How to I copy it to the place where it should be?
I mean.. sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata on your Fire Stick/TV How do I get to this stage? when I go into file manager I only have ExtUsb ( where the .xml file is stored ) and profile directory. Ahh think I have sourced it. I have gone onto root B ExtUsb and pressed copy on it and it moved it to Root A Special://profile/

Autoroam
10-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Is this same as installing Tuxens or Mikeys settings using the maintenance tool from tvaddons?

Alucard
10-25-2015, 06:06 PM
You can use ADB Fire and copy the renamed settings to the predefined Userdata folder. You could install ES File Explorer as well and use it to copy your files.

Stavman
10-26-2015, 02:45 AM
I have an android box and I don't seem to understand what we need to do. I can get to the file but what do I do when I get there? I have the advanced file there do I edit it or replace it? I have a Vega S89 with "I think" 2 gig ram. Thanks

Autoroam
10-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Is this same as installing Tuxens or Mikeys settings using the maintenance tool from tvaddons?

For some perspective, I had installed the Tuxens advanced setting from the Maintenance Addon in the tvaddons repository...enabling that didnt seem to help much.

Rather than add these settings to that setting and risk a conflict, I deleted the existing advanced settings file in my kodi userdata folder....and added this 2GB file.
I am running a Minix neoX8H Plus with 2GB of RAM.

Then I exited Kodi and pulled the power plug...after restart its too soon to say with authority what the effect is....

But when I fired up one of the most problematic channels in my IPTV.....ITV....it buffered in a split second and is playing mighty smooth so far. I hope it also shows equal results on my Genesis playback which gets stuck on buffering quite a lot.

If this can sustain itself, then my sincere thanks to allucard and psyon for bringing yet another great tweak to our attention. You guys are doing a great service to the community here...we'd be lost without you.

Cheers.

PS. From what Ive seen so far, I would say this is a MUST HAVE tweak fr anyone who wants stable, steady and good quality streams. streaming via genesis is also greatly improved…haven't encountered any buffering issue since.

crawlers1977
11-01-2015, 02:15 PM
alot of people have asked me to add an xml file thats friendly to boxes also kodi via the pc they asked about the logging as theres been huge logs being created of late these are my personal settings based on 4gig which can be altered to your own needs the part that ive added is the first line of logging you wont get any loggs with this setting also in the pvr section a time setting mines 0 meaning its not behind nore ahead with daylight savings time also defualt 0 ive been told it alters the timmings accoredingly theres a couple of settings for cleaning up waste in movies and so on and a halt on error logging this means any error alot of you see within the logs "WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(script) in script://script.navi-x/?content_type=video-banner.jpg" this as an example or addons that have playlists will dissplay each stream and then again after parsing them can become a pain my logs arnt anymore than 4bytes in size and if i get buffering it tends to skip to where the steams up to.
advancedsettings.xml

godassassin
12-02-2015, 08:59 AM
my firestick has the path /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/ than stops no .kodi /app data file

Alucard
12-02-2015, 08:09 PM
my firestick has the path /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/ than stops no .kodi /app data file
They are hidden if you are trying to use the Kodi file manager. You need to go in to the Kodi Setting/Appearance/File Lists and check the Allow File Renaming and Deletion as well as Show Hidden Files and Directories

jv0099
12-09-2015, 10:17 PM
I Have the following box M8S Android TV Box KODI Amlogic S812 Quad Core 2gb 4K which .xml file should I use?

cbarks21
01-15-2016, 11:01 PM
I have the Nvidia Shield TV 16G. I upgraded to Kodi 16 Beta 5 and downloaded the http://**********/download/1.01/pvr.stalker.nfps-android-arm.zip. I got it to work by using the method of
moving the nfps.stalker.client to a root folder and then changing permissions to 0777.

I also added the advanced settings...
-<advancedsettings> -<network> <buffermode>1</buffermode> <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize> <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor> </network> -<pvr> <minvideocachelevel>65</minvideocachelevel> <minaudiocachelevel>65</minaudiocachelevel> <cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer> </pvr> </advancedsettings>

When using PVR Client, I am getting constant buffering on every channel. I had my server changed a couple of times to no avail. I know that nfps stalker client has compatibility issues
with Nvidia, but once I got it to work I thought everything should be ok. Is constant buffering a by product of compatibility or is this stemming from a different problem?

My internet speed is DL:12 Mbps UL: 5 Mbps Ping 27ms.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated....

thanks

psycon
01-15-2016, 11:25 PM
your isp may be interfering, try wiht a vpn

cbarks21
01-16-2016, 12:06 AM
Ok... I'll try it with VPN and see what happens. ... May try Emulator also...

thanks!!

andmaster
01-17-2016, 09:48 PM
That works in nexus player? its android too. Sorrry I am new in iptv. I have the same problem using kodi.

thepez
01-18-2016, 02:34 AM
your isp may be interfering, try wiht a vpn

I've had nothing but problems this last week, I'm a long time user with several VPN's (I am a network administrator for a living as well). Trying to watch anything that is in high demand such as UFC is practically impossible (on Rocket). Freezes every 15 seconds. Its not just my set up either; many friends of mine have the same. I miss the old DSS days.. Ugg, you figure in 2016 we would have this hammered out. I tried this advanced settings fix on Windows as well without a notice. :( K, I'm done ranting

psycon
01-18-2016, 02:36 AM
i have never had issues wathcing UFC events from the server. issue is on your end.

thepez
01-18-2016, 02:49 AM
I disagree. 24mbit downstream unused, all other services (games, other streaming services) work perfect. Tried VPN's from 3 different countries (a very fast VPN). You must live next door to the server room. :) BTW: I configure routers and packet shapers for a living

cpr43
01-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Is there any updated advancedsettings.xml for a CS918T DD3 2GB 16GBNand flash?. I see the file is up to 8gb??

Alucard
01-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Is there any updated advancedsettings.xml for a CS918T DD3 2GB 16GBNand flash?. I see the file is up to 8gb??

You use the 2 gig file. It is memory not drive space that determines what file to use.

ftabme
01-25-2016, 11:53 PM
Is there any updated advancedsettings.xml for a CS918T DD3 2GB 16GBNand flash?. I see the and 16G. I have Gfile is up to 8gb??

I have four of the CS918T with 2G and 16G I followed the following youtube video and it made a night and day difference on all my boxes, computer and tablet. It is more than enough buffer. Remember, if a stream is slow , no amount of buffering will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ampUWiAwsEg

cpr43
01-27-2016, 01:53 AM
I have four of the CS918T with 2G and 16G I followed the following youtube video and it made a night and day difference on all my boxes, computer and tablet. It is more than enough buffer. Remember, if a stream is slow , no amount of buffering will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ampUWiAwsEg

Thank you very much. I follow all the instructions and used the same numbers for the 3 fields. Did you used the same number even the CS918T is 2GB 16GB??

Alucard
01-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Do not blindly enter values you see on these videos without understanding on what they are doing, you can cause more issues then fix them. Values are based on your device and memory you have available. The settings in this video are for streaming and have nothing to do with live TV which are the PVR Advanced settings. Have you tried the files in the OP?

cpr43
01-27-2016, 03:10 PM
well, I follow this instructions and so far mine (CS918T) is working fine.

godassassin
02-14-2016, 08:05 AM
ok i pushed it to my fire stick but how do i move it i cant find it in file manager if a go to install from zip its under sdcard but i cant move it?

tuxen
02-14-2016, 08:56 AM
Do not blindly enter values you see on these videos without understanding on what they are doing, you can cause more issues then fix them. Values are based on your device and memory you have available. The settings in this video are for streaming and have nothing to do with live TV which are the PVR Advanced settings. Have you tried the files in the OP?
alucard is right the cachemembuffer size does nothing to live video, it skips the cache and goes directly into post demuxing buffer which have a fixed buffer of 8 seconds. where it can help is if you stream fixed content like movies/ppv channels, but the default cache or 30-50 megs should be more than enough for the highest bluray bitrates or something is off. you can adjust the 8 secs post demuxing cache, but not with that setting.
also readfactor can not be higher than 4?!
live tv is not meant to go into a large buffer it has to follow a schedule if MacGyver is on at at 2am the server will have to send that part of the stream at 2am for example. it its by design your tv doesn't buffer either. if you were/are able to delay it, its timeshifted tv not live.

you should be better of using the OP files if you have trouble it has much better values and settings, also for the pvr cache.

but hey if it works for you I wont be the one to spoil the effect.

tuxen
02-14-2016, 03:26 PM
ok i pushed it to my fire stick but how do i move it i cant find it in file manager if a go to install from zip its under sdcard but i cant move it?
in kodi's filemanager, click add new source, click browse and choose external storage, click ok, give it a name like sdcard and click ok again.
now open the new source you just created in one window, you should be able to see your file, open profile directory in the other window.
copy the advancedsettings.xml file from newly created sdcard source to profile directory.
done. :)

vulm0n
02-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Just signed up on this site to download the file and working great so far on Kodi installed on Windows 8.1!

Was buffering every 10s or so watching the Champion's League and so far, about 5 minutes since, no buffering! Hope it stays like this throughout the rest of the match!

EDIT: 10 mins now and still no buffering, great!

Paraiso
02-24-2016, 01:57 AM
I use an MXIII 4K Android Box 1GB. With this advance settings (minus de minvideocachelevel) I get my HD .m3u playlist via PVR Simple Client not working correctly. Channels stop every 10-30 seconds. The playlist works good on VLC on my Imac. I've been trying a lot of advancedsettings but still can't figure out how I get my Live tv working without the channels stopping every 30 seconds. PS: It is one playlist with all HD channels. They start playing perfect till 10 - 30 seconds.

nickhack
07-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Hey guys. I am not sure what im supposed to do exactly. I have an MXQ Box with 1GB RAM. The instructions said: "Only use this if you do not have a advancedsettings.xml already. If you do then add the above to it instead." but I do not see what "the above" is and what I am supposed to add to it?

dara
07-06-2016, 09:06 PM
What you do is to copy what settings that are in the appropriate file (for your ram) into your current advancedsettings.xml. If you didn't have an advancedsettings.xml, you would rename that file to that.

nickhack
07-06-2016, 09:12 PM
What you do is to copy what settings that are in the appropriate file (for your ram) into your current advancedsettings.xml. If you didn't have an advancedsettings.xml, you would rename that file to that.

Thanks. What I did was copy the values from the OP file into my advancedsettings.xml file, replacing those values which were there originally with the new ones, as well as adding the other stuff. Is this correct?

dara
07-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks. What I did was copy the values from the OP file into my advancedsettings.xml file, replacing those values which were there originally with the new ones, as well as adding the other stuff. Is this correct?

That should do it. Just be aware that this isn't a cure-all.

nickhack
07-06-2016, 10:46 PM
That should do it. Just be aware that this isn't a cure-all.
Well I did it, I think, and I honestly dont see any improvement. Anything else I can check?

Sugewhite
07-10-2016, 04:54 AM
Constant buffer through the whole fight this evening...

Twirley
11-28-2016, 09:39 PM
File does not download. Can you please attach again

ilan
11-29-2016, 01:20 AM
You can search for the file on Google. You need to choose the file that is consistent with your device's ram, i.e., I Gig vs 2 Gig.