PDA

View Full Version : PVR stalker in jarvis wont connect

tuxen
09-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Hi
anyone using Jarvis (kodi 16) and the updated pvr addon 0.9.5
I use exactly the same settings as in 15.2 but the stalker client is "unable to connect to server" I double, triple checked, and also tried from my pc.

what am I missing? is the new client incompatible? I seem to see some are using Jarvis with the updated pvr client.

best regards

tuxen
09-19-2015, 12:52 PM
bump :) sorry error was "unable to connect to server" and client 0.9.5

sat-junkie
09-19-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm on Jarvis and this happened to me last week all i did was change my mac it i was good to go

sat-junkie
09-19-2015, 03:51 PM
My guide is not populating today lol

tuxen
09-19-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm on Jarvis and this happened to me last week all i did was change my mac it i was good to go
I also had that error where I had to refresh my mac a week or so ago, but that was 0.8.3 that suddenly wouldn't connect and I worked, so that was the first thing I tried.
I have 0.8.3 on my firetv running but if I switch to the pc with Jarvis I get "unable to connect".
also tried Jarvis on the firetv I actually started with that, only to have to go back.

odd.

you running alpha 2?

dara
09-19-2015, 05:17 PM
The urls for Jarvis are different, as testing is showing that the urls are no longer resolved/redirected in Kodi. Try using this:

http://portal.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html

sat-junkie
09-19-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm on alpha 1 i think this issue starts in alpha 2

tuxen
09-19-2015, 05:30 PM
lol.. thanks dara, I actually thought about trying that but I assumed that the updated addon would at least have the same functionality and improvements.
note to self never assume things! lol
thanks again dara.

redirect for iks66 is:

http://mw1.iptv66.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html

tuxen
09-19-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm on alpha 1 i think this issue starts in alpha 2

yeah but works with full url.. anyone knows where the git is? so we can make them aware that redirect broke.

edit: found it

just sidetracking did metalkettle make the iptv stalker video addon? lol I just noticed.

I known him for a long time. :)

tuxen
09-19-2015, 05:57 PM
made kenji123 aware of the issue.

dara
09-19-2015, 06:12 PM
yeah but works with full url.. anyone knows where the git is? so we can make them aware that redirect broke.

edit: found it

just sidetracking did metalkettle make the iptv stalker video addon? lol I just noticed.

I known him for a long time. :)

No he didn't. The user pocpoc posted it here first, but he's been MIA. MetalKettle does have the 1.2.0 version on his repo, but that version creates issues as it sets the 'pseudo' serial number, which causes issues with other add-ons and emulators.

For the git, the PVR Stalker is mainlined, so its pretty easy to find it on Kodi.tv... just don't discuss the server itself so he won't get bounced! LOL.

tuxen
09-23-2015, 12:43 PM
No he didn't. The user pocpoc posted it here first, but he's been MIA. MetalKettle does have the 1.2.0 version on his repo, but that version creates issues as it sets the 'pseudo' serial number, which causes issues with other add-ons and emulators.

For the git, the PVR Stalker is mainlined, so its pretty easy to find it on Kodi.tv... just don't discuss the server itself so he won't get bounced! LOL.

..lol I could tell you bedtime stories about that boy.
of cause I did not mention the servers. I assume he is aware that this is how stalker middleware works and according to the specification on infomir the default url for portal is server/stalker_portal/c/index.html and providers shortens this. and yeah as I wrote it didn't take long to find it on kodi's pages, the google search made me stumble upon metalkettles repo. heh

dvbken
10-06-2015, 02:22 AM
@tuxen not a bug. redirect was purposely removed.

only full urls will work. the "index.html" at the end is optional (the trailing '/' is not)

tuxen
10-06-2015, 06:51 AM
@tuxen not a bug. redirect was purposely removed.

only full urls will work. the "index.html" at the end is optional (the trailing '/' is not)

thanks for the answer dvbken..

any particular reason? since it makes sense to use a shortened url/hostname like "portal.domain.com" or just "domain.com" instead of the "normal" url path of a middleware installation "middlewareserver.domain.com/stalker_portal/c/"? for both for the provider and user.

the mag devices that the client "emulates" or allows the use of instead, resolves the url so users will expect the official portal names that providers give out and that they use in their mag to also work with stalker clients and emulators like they do on their mag box.

having to obtain the full portal (though its easy (for some)) seems kinda cumbersome imho and some providers will probably insist users on using the shortened portal url if they call support. hehe

why remove this for most people, expected behavior?
not that I care much myself now that I know lol. just thinking of all the users that suddenly will have unnecessary? trouble. :)

thanks a lot for your awesome work. it is very much appreciated!

dvbken
10-07-2015, 12:05 AM
my reasons (rationalization) for this are:

- the software on the mag boxes use webkit (which some major browsers use) access stalker middleware. so all the redirecting (and webpage rendering) is built in and better than what I could ever implement.

- there are different methods for doing redirects in the browser. only two of which the addon used to check for. a portal may use javascript invoked redirects, which I can't do anything about.

- the addon used to check for only one redirect occurrence. but, there's a possibility that a portal may use multiple redirects.

simply having the 'real' or actual portal url reduces these potential problems. problems that I don't want to deal with.

mags and emulators use webpage rendering engines. stalker client does not. providers shouldn't give the impression or have the expectation that it'll function in the same way.

yep, there will be users that will be wondering "why isn't it working anymore?" until they find out they need the full url, but that's the consequence