PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink Android Smart - STB emulator opens XBMC/KODI

BIO
01-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Found out (by accident) yesterday a fix for opening xbmc when you press exit on your remote while using vasilchmax emulator. Exit with the remote triggers live tv with the emu. It's opening xbmc to try to play live tv.

I messed up my xbmc install and instead of fixing it I loaded a different version. Now, instead of opening, it asks which app version it wants it opened with. Exit out and never select "complete action using" option as "always".

Will still try to open kodi but it's easier to exit that than to wait for xbmc to load and then exit out of it. Still haven't found why it tries to open xbmc but am still testing it :)

scully
01-31-2015, 03:29 AM
my jynxbox is doing the same thing when I use mx media player....if I choose vlc plugin then it doesn't...not sure why

BIO
01-31-2015, 05:17 AM
Thanks
Great news, I'll try it on mine, probably tomorrow eve, and see if it works.

BIO
02-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Worked on my phone but never got to fixing it on my dreamlink. Since live tv opened up I got the "open with" message and selected mxplayer and always. No more xbmc glitches after that:)

So it didn't work correctly IMHO before because it didn't have media to process and now that it does it is working correctly. Working well too.