PDA

View Full Version : Setup complete for STB Emulator but "Can't play this link."

qqusai
08-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Exactly what the title says. I've set up STB Emulator on my Amazon Fire TV and I've linked my donation to my MAC address.

Whenever I go to play a channel i get "Can't play this link."

Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

dara
08-21-2015, 06:11 PM
That error comes up when the installed codecs can't play the video. The default media player should be VLC, try changing the media player to Internal. If that doesn't work, install the MX player or XMTV player, and select External. If you still can't get video there are other problems.

qqusai
08-21-2015, 06:47 PM
That error comes up when the installed codecs can't play the video. The default media player should be VLC, try changing the media player to Internal. If that doesn't work, install the MX player or XMTV player, and select External. If you still can't get video there are other problems.

Thanks. Installing MX player worked. One issue i have now is that the time at the top right is correct but the time shown in the guide area when selecting channels is not. is there a way to make that connected to the system time somehow?

dara
08-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Go to the onscreen settings, and select Localization, then you can select your country, city and timezone.