PDA

View Full Version : Fixing iVue Guide to work with IPTV Stalker ("failed authorization")

Nightrider13
08-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Here is a fix for everyone. Instead of sharing your Mac Address with members of forums to get a file "created" for you, you can follow these instructions I have created and resolved the issue I was facing.

Ok, since I have fixed myself, I will now spread the help, so here is what you do to fix the "Authorization Failure" message within the iVue Guide. Make sure you have iVue Guide Closed entirely before proceeding!

1. Get access to your "addons.ini" file. This might be located in a folder called "tvguidetecbox". If you are on Windows, just use the search function and search "addons.ini", and make sure the directory is somewhere in appdata/tvguidetecbox.
2. Go ahead and download Notepad++ (it's free).
3. Once you have your addons.ini file found, from step 1, Right-Click and "open with Notepad++".
4. Notepad++ will now open and you will see a lot of text. Perform a search for "mac". You should get something like "mac%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3A10%3A10%3A10%22%2C+%22". Yours might vary, but will look like that. Go ahead and copy that information by CTRL+C. Open a Notepad doc and paste this for now. We will need this later.
5. Now go to:

http://www.url-encode-decode.com[/url]

and paste (CTRL+V) in the left box and click "Decode URL". You should now see text on the right-side box looking more understandable (should be a Mac Address like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX). Copy everything generated in the right-side box (CTRL+C). Now click the "Start Over" hyperlink to blank out the results.
6. Now again, paste (CTRL+V) and change the numbers/letters (between the : symbol) with your Mac address you purchased from IPTV Stalker folks. Once complete, click Encode URL. Now you have your code on the right-side box which you will want to copy (CTRL+C). Open a Notepad doc and paste this for now. We will need this later.
7. Head back to your open Notepad++ document that should still have the addons.ini open. With Notepad++ Selected, hit CTRL+F to bring up the find/replace window. Click the "Replace" tab. Now from step 4, we need to paste the ORIGINAL encrypted characters in the "Find What" field. Then we need to paste your code (with your Mac) from step 6, into the "Replace With" field. We're almost done...
8. Click the "Replace All" button and then your Mac address will replace the original Mac address, which will allow channels selected with the iVue TV Guide to work and not show the "Authorization Failed" message.
9. Make sure after the replacement step above, you save (CTRL+S) and close Notepad++.
10: Now just overwrite the original addons.ini file with the newly created one you just saved. Open iVue Guide and you should now be up and running again! Enjoy!

dara
08-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Thanks. I c/p your post onto a thread that was created in the Kodi Files forum. Good stuff, I know the technically minded folks will appreciate it, and hopefully the not-so-much won't get too confused. I'm changing the thread title so its better understood.

---
Fast forward to this post:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?6835-Fixing-iVue-Guide-to-work-with-IPTV-Stalker-(-quot-failed-authorization-quot-)&p=57989&viewfull=1#post57989

This works if you don't want to go through the effort of changing your addons.ini!

Nightrider13
08-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Thanks. I c/p your post onto a thread that was created in the Kodi Files forum. Good stuff, I know the technically minded folks will appreciate it, and hopefully the not-so-much won't get too confused. I'm changing the thread title so its better understood.

No worries. The members at iVue wanted me to provide my purchased Mac Address so they could "create the file". I didn't feel comfortable with that so i did my own investigation and fix of the issue. Hope it helps others who might be having same issue.

Bkman2020
08-10-2015, 12:04 AM
I'm wondering how many users they have asked for there valid macs?

Nightrider13
08-10-2015, 12:16 AM
According to Facebook posting on their group page, at least 2-3 people have given out Mac Addresses to have a file "created for them" to have iVue working again. Not sure, maybe the guy is harmless, but personally I wasn't going to give out information to someone I don't know.

Nightrider13
08-10-2015, 12:19 AM
I take that back, if you look at every post, it looks like Mac Addresses are being shared without care. I don't seem to mind, because server guys can blacklist them. My donation dollars hard at work ;)

Marley
08-10-2015, 12:25 AM
i wouldn't give any info out to someone on Facebook

Bkman2020
08-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Yeah there are scammers on facebook, ivue should be looked at as well,also avov should be worried about there macs as well. If its true.

dara
08-10-2015, 12:57 AM
iVue makes a pretty good guide. If their developer wants to collaborate with papaio, he is free to reach out to the staff, and arrangements can be made.

ivueguide
08-10-2015, 09:30 AM
Bkman2020 come look for me anytime you like if you find a bad word against me do show me.

ON MY GROUP in one post I said I would modify the ini file for 4 people i made them there file with instructions. I also noted that i didnt have time to do the write up as im rather busy replacing links and addons as you may imagine. and i wasnt going to answer the tech questions to follow on how to add this and where

the op knows this hes on the same fing post

IVUE have ceased entering macs into the guide system to circumnavigate the loop holes and will no longer assist anyone trying to renter. even though there are 2 ways that are working. at the moment

YES dara i have sent a few emails and spoke to psycon but hes away too like myself. i would like to intergrate the valid mac system into ivue. then those that have a paid donation can continue to enjoy the guide.

and for now well continue adding more channels and streamers in as we have for the last 18 months :)

Bkman2020
08-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Well your the boss lets hope you keep your word.

abdul1
08-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Hi i am new and I need your help in getting my Ivue up and running again...

asusROG
08-10-2015, 12:45 PM
how you fix ivue TVguide if you using a android boxset ? please help i paid for IPTV and still get error loading channels on ivue ; ;

juanlee337
08-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Does this really work? if so, how can I change this on Firetv kodi. Any easy way?

fonzy1888
08-10-2015, 05:25 PM
How can i do this on my amazon fire stick with Kodi?

fonzy1888
08-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi hve iptv stalker and IVUE on my fire stick and have donated for IPTV stalker and my ivue wont work now so was just wondering how to get ivue and stalker back working together? thanks in advance!

dara
08-10-2015, 06:07 PM
For those with any android box, the best thing to do is get the addons.ini file from its location, and edit it on a PC, and then sideload it back to the previous location, or to another location where you can find it with a local path. Probably should change the name to addons2.ini and make the change to "custom" as well.

fonzy1888
08-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Hi dara, i have a fire stick as i said above could you be more specific on how to locate the file, get it, change it and then put it back im a bit of a newbie! thanks alot

Bkman2020
08-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Good luck on fixing the loop hole.

dara
08-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Hi dara, i have a fire stick as i said above could you be more specific on how to locate the file, get it, change it and then put it back im a bit of a newbie! thanks alot

I'll try to get a path listed here. It may be harder for some if you don't have root access.

nek666
08-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I was unable to locate the "addons.ini" file on Windows 10. Is there any way to look into C: > Program Files (x86) > etc....

Can someone help me...

ivueguide
08-10-2015, 08:27 PM
windows ten you could try just opening explorer and in there put %appdata%\kodi\ that should get you there then simply goto userdata addon data and modify the addons.ini file in there. i have no guides for this lot as yet as its not a common thing to do but ill try and get some in time

bobbywash
08-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks For The Info. I Just Need A Bit More Help.

My Mac Code Has The Words NULL SERIAL and PASSWORD In It, Is That
Correct? mac%22%3A+%22%2C+%22SERIAL%22%3A

When I decode I don't see a mac address I get this: mac": "",

I even tried with just mac%22%3A%22%2C and get the same mac": "",

I went to the site you gave http://www.url-encode-decode.com/[/url]

bobbywash
08-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Hello Can You Please Help Me, I Don't Mind Giving You My Mac Address, I Just Want To Get My Ivue Working With Stalker.

dh8389
08-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Maybe because I have paid for my live TV, but when I select iVue it will come up authorisation error. But when I select another channel it works fine. I don't use iVue but I hope you guys integrate for a better looking TV guide.

dproff
08-10-2015, 09:31 PM

Just remember that you are only changing a few digits so you can copy more to get those digits defined and isolated. If you shorten what you enter into the decode site you can get it down to something like this after it is decoded:

": "00:1A:79:10:10:10", "

this segment was like this before decoding

%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3A10%3A10%3A10%22%2C+%22

In my case I changed 79 to 78 and added the correct last 6 digits (into ": "00:1A:79:10:10:10", ") and re-encoded it. Then I used the original string above in the search and replace function. One more step was needed in that I reset the iVue database to get rid of the old MAC. Then restarted and everything was working right.

rhabr
08-10-2015, 10:00 PM
On android where do you find the file??

dproff
08-10-2015, 11:03 PM
On android where do you find the file??

I just tried to find the file on my one android device and had no luck. I suggest you go over to one of these sites if nobody helps you:

http://forums.tvaddons.ag/

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

They have an Android thread so they should know what the directory structure looks like.

romulus86
08-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Thank you, this worked for me. Of course, I had to do a global replace of iptvprivateserver for iptvrocket! But it is now working.

dara
08-10-2015, 11:47 PM
The path is .../Android/data/org.xmbc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tvguidetecbox/addons.ini

You may need root access, and the ability to read hidden files and folders. You can use one of the various file managers out there to get to the file. Copy it, and then you can work on it outside of Kodi. You can put a renamed and reworked .ini the same place, or in a place where it might be easier to find.

Bkman2020
08-10-2015, 11:50 PM
I just tried to find the file on my one android device and had no luck. I suggest you go over to one of these sites if nobody helps you:

http://forums.tvaddons.ag/

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

They have an Android thread so they should know what the directory structure looks like.

Code those links dproff

Clive
08-11-2015, 02:02 AM
I am new to all this but for people using the fire tv i have found a round about way to use this fix. Firstly you need to have ES file explorer sideloaded to your fire tv. Using this wont find the "addons.ini" file but you can find the folder where it is held. It should be under sdcard / android / data / org.xbmc.kodi /. In here you will find a folder called files which if clicked on will say empty however if instead of clicking into it you hold down the select button it will give an option to copy it. Copy it to an external usb (it may take 30mins to copy as you are copying everything) then from your computer you can follow the fix instructions included here and then using ES file explorer you can replace the ''files'' folder using the modified one on your external usb. I know it may not be wrote in the clearest of english, as ive said im only new to all this, hope it helps someone though. It worked for me on my fire tv.

ozzman666
08-11-2015, 02:47 AM
the easiest way to access the addon.ini file on any device is to go to the kodi filemanager, select profile directory/ addon_data/ script.tvguidetecbox and the addon.ini file is in there.

COMBO
08-11-2015, 03:25 AM
I was wondering why ivue wasn't working, now i know. Will try this fix!

juanlee337
08-11-2015, 05:23 AM
yes but once found how do I transfer it back to my computer than trasfer it back?
can you do all this with the kodi file manager?

Barb1221
08-11-2015, 08:33 AM
I used a program called wondershare mobile go you have to connect the fire stick to your computer follow the direction dara put you will find it

djpipw
08-11-2015, 09:45 AM
anyone tell me how to access the addons folder on an ember build with gandalf the one installed?

dproff
08-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Code those links dproff

Please PM me instructions for that step. And thanks for the guidance.

Bkman2020
08-11-2015, 10:55 AM
You can google it how to's its fast and easy

Bkman2020
08-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Please PM me instructions for that step. And thanks for the guidance.

Read here :http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?6457-Please-code-links-before-posting&p=51162#post51162

mopat
08-11-2015, 11:14 AM
I was unable to locate the "addons.ini" file on Windows 10. Is there any way to look into C: > Program Files (x86) > etc....

Can someone help me...

I am using Windows 7 but search could not find the addons.ini file either.
Here is the path where I found it:
C>>Users>>Media>>AppData>>Roaming>>Kodi>>userdata>>addon data>>script.tvguidetecbox>>addons

hope this helps a bit

Nightrider13
08-11-2015, 03:06 PM
FYI. If you do correct and modify the addons.ini file, be sure to keep the file handy. I'm not sure of this, but if the EPG updates every 12h,24hrs,etc, I think it will replace the code with the old code, until they impliment some type of "Mac Address" entry in the iVue settings. Thought I would mention it, in-case users get the authorization failed message. If you do get this again, simply overwrite the addons.ini file again, with the one you made with your ACTIVE donation. Also, if you get "failed authentication" for a some channels but not all, remove the source and remap it with the IPTV Stalker addon.

dara
08-11-2015, 03:17 PM
To prevent your 'custom' addons.ini file from getting overwitten, rename it, and in the iVue settings, change 'addon.ini selection' to 'Custom File', and the next line, point it to you customized addons.ini . The default addons.ini is supposed to be overwritten if updated by the guide server, but if you point it to a customized ini not named addons.ini, it won't be overwitten. (this is based on knowledge of FTV Guide from which iVue was forked from. Historically TV Guide add-on is the original basis, FWIW.)

bobbywash
08-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Just a Note... When Doing This On A MAC Computer, It Will Not Work The Same For The (Fire TV Sticks). For Some Reason
I addons.ini File Doesn't show the Mac address in the code in its entirety. I Had To Do A Backup From The Stick To A Windows Computer
And Pull Out The Code As You Mentioned In Your Post. I Thank You For Helping Everyone, I Hope This also Helps The MAC Users... Cheers!

aglloret
08-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Working great. Awesome. Thanks!

Roots4growth
08-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Mine also has "null" and "serial" in it. I see that I have a few addons.ini files here, but when I search for MAC address using notepad ++ I get the MAC address with null and serial in it also.

Deana3333
08-11-2015, 11:49 PM
how to I do all that on a amazon fire I have kodi installed on that I can only access though iptv stalker not the guide

slipknotpr
08-12-2015, 02:15 AM
Interested in the service iptc stalker

Deana3333
08-12-2015, 12:08 PM
just wondering if you could help me out with fixing the guide to work with iptv stalker ever since everything went down im not able to use the the guide and that is on a fire tv stick thanks a lot .

ptale0515
08-12-2015, 02:01 PM
How to fix it on KODI with Fire TV Stick?

I'm still getting the "Authorization failure" Message when opening the iVue TV Guide...

MAC Address already linked...

classic_wax
08-12-2015, 02:14 PM
I would think that, the people behind all of this, could come up with some kind of a guide, that works. Most of us are not capable of doing the long process of trying to fix iVue guide..at least get us a easy fix to resolving the errors associated with it..c'mon peeps, you can do this.😊

dara
08-12-2015, 02:18 PM
The Fire stick is kind of hard to deal with because you can't side load a file easily into it. I suggest posting the question in the device forum:

http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?66-Amazon-Fire-TV

to discuss how to do it. The method in post #1 generally works as it only is an edit of the current file to accept your MAC instead of the one in the default addons.ini.

My understanding is that the ivue guide team is trying to figure out how to allow entry of your linked mac in their add-on, so users won't have to go through this manual process.

Nightrider13
08-12-2015, 02:19 PM
just wondering if you could help me out with fixing the guide to work with iptv stalker ever since everything went down im not able to use the the guide and that is on a fire tv stick thanks a lot .

Deana,
As long as you enter your encrypted MAC address everywhere after the word "MAC" and before the word "Serial" it should work. I'm not sure what you currently have showing in your addons.ini file, but that should resolve your issue.

Nightrider13
08-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Mine also has "null" and "serial" in it. I see that I have a few addons.ini files here, but when I search for MAC address using notepad ++ I get the MAC address with null and serial in it also.

Roots,
As long as you enter your encrypted MAC address everywhere after the word "MAC" and before the word "Serial" it should work. I'm not sure what you currently have showing in your addons.ini file, but that should resolve your issue.

TCO83
08-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Hi!
Is there a fix for linux/osmc/kodi? Im been playing around in the folder /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguidetecbox but cant find the right file to to place the right mac adress into? Anyone?

dara
08-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Hi!
Is there a fix for linux/osmc/kodi? Im been playing around in the folder /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguidetecbox but cant find the right file to to place the right mac adress into? Anyone?

The file should be in //.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tvguidetecbox .

Deana3333
08-12-2015, 10:56 PM
I found addon.ini file in kodi all I can do is select it what do I do after that? thanks so much

xdetoursx
08-13-2015, 05:15 AM

Mine has this too.
mac%22%3A+%22%22%2C+%22serial%22%3A+null%2C+%22pas sword%22%3A+%220000%22%7

The website decodes it as
mac": "", "serial": null, "password": "0000"%7

Apparently this doesn't work for everyone. Would be nice to have a working .ini though

canadiens900
08-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Wow what a headache... most be a easier way?

canadiens900
08-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Whats another guide we can use for IPTv Stalker?

hawkeyerffr
08-13-2015, 09:03 PM
I would think that, the people behind all of this, could come up with some kind of a guide, that works. Most of us are not capable of doing the long process of trying to fix iVue guide..at least get us a easy fix to resolving the errors associated with it..c'mon peeps, you can do this.��

i agree we should be up and fully running by now

ozzman666
08-13-2015, 09:24 PM
I found addon.ini file in kodi all I can do is select it what do I do after that? thanks so much

if your using the kodi file manager , have the location of the addon.ini file open on your left hand side, on the right hand side choose the the destination you want to save it to ( you may have to add source depending on your device and the location you want to save file) go back to the left hand side, highlight your addon.ini file bring up your context menu either by pressing "c" on your keyboard or the context menu button on your remote, then select copy. To copy it back just select the addon.ini file you modified and copy it back to the profile directory location.

crawlers1977
08-14-2015, 07:18 AM
im starting to see the posts in this thread showing illigal meassures to use ivue the reason you should be getting an error message is because it connects to the server portal via the old free way and has no way to add your http or mac and the .ini is just created to allow the clicking of a channel via the epg direct to iptv stalker addon "via the old free way"

crawlers1977
08-14-2015, 07:41 AM
Mine has this too.
mac%22%3A+%22%22%2C+%22serial%22%3A+null%2C+%22pas sword%22%3A+%220000%22%7

The website decodes it as
mac": "", "serial": null, "password": "0000"%7

Apparently this doesn't work for everyone. Would be nice to have a working .ini though

the site your using sure enough will decode the ini lines but it will encode them same lines using base64 the ini file doesnt encode to base64 them lines are parsed using a simple parser

Nightrider13
08-14-2015, 05:40 PM
Depending on the device you are using for Kodi Entertainment, you can use a Windows computer and try accessing Kodi files by IP address.
For example, find the IP address of your streaming device (Usually in network settings). Now go to your Windows computer, click Start > Search for "RUN" and click it.
Now type \\XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (fill in the X with your IP address of Kodi device), then hit enter. You may or may not be able to access SMB. If you can...great. Make sure Windows
is able to see Hidden files/folders. You can check by clicking "Organize" button, then "Folder Search Options". Then click the View tab. Then make sure Hidden Files and Folders is
selected for "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".
Then look for that addons.ini file. If your device uses a USB/SD card, its probably easier plugging that into your computer than doing via LAN.
If I get a few "Thank You" on this post, maybe I'll make a tutorial video for this fix ;)

Cowboy1968
08-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Hi
I am running openelec 5.9.3 on an intel NUC (celeron). I have followed your directions to the letter but I am still getting authorization failure. I put mac%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3ABB%3ABB%3ABB%22%2C+%22 into http://www.url-encode-decode.com and got mac": "00:1A:79:00:00:00", " (I changed the last three numbers in this post to 00's but they were the correct numbers back from the website). I then pasted this into the website and got back mac%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3A00%3A00%3A00%22%2C+%22 (again changed my actual numbers to 0's). I then used find and replace to replace the original mac%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3ABB%3ABB%3ABB%22%2C+%22 with the new mac%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3A00%3A00%3A00%22%2C+%22 . Find and replace changed a total of 613 entries. I then replaced the addons.ini in the add on with the one I just saved. All seemed to go fine but I am still getting the authorization failure, even after several reboots of the Intel NUC. I am doing this on an Imac if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Deana3333
08-14-2015, 08:53 PM
now im having trouble watching iptv stalker I can open a couple of channels but most of them say http error 403 forbitten does anyone no what this means

aglloret
08-14-2015, 09:37 PM
now im having trouble watching iptv stalker I can open a couple of channels but most of them say http error 403 forbitten does anyone no what this means

Same here Deana333. Tried changing the mac address tied to the donation, but no success so far. Maybe the servers are down?

Anyone knows what's going on?

Deana3333
08-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Can someone please tell me what's goin on I paid my donation about 4 -5 days ago now I can't open my channels saying http error 403 forbitten and I search what that meant ant saying I don't have access or permission I'm trying to figure out why this is happening can someone please give me a idea and I've tried to contact papiao TV but no luck

aglloret
08-14-2015, 09:59 PM
It's back online for me!!! Give it another try if still doesn't work try changing the MAC Address attached to your donation code.

Edit:
I spoke too soon :( It just some channels that started coming back. Give it time I guess.

Deana3333
08-14-2015, 10:14 PM
The only one I no about is the one they told me to program which is my IP address the last 6 is that right

Deana3333
08-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Crazy well I guess I'm ok then I was getting worried that something was up because I sent email never herd nothing ether

Deana3333
08-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Back on :)

crystalboy
08-15-2015, 04:24 AM
I found a way to fix it. Worked for me all you got to do is delete addon.ini file in settings of ivue and also delete all other database settings as well once done restart the app and it would still show authorisation fail but please try the channel for two three times and it will work

Deana3333
08-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Ya I found a way too if you save your channels as favorite first then open your guide and where you select your stream or addons you'll see it will give you the option to select from favorite and you'll see your channel you just saved as fav select and save.

jrdiesel1102
08-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know how to edit and grab files on openelec

dproff
08-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Bkman2020 come look for me anytime you like if you find a bad word against me do show me.

ON MY GROUP in one post I said I would modify the ini file for 4 people i made them there file with instructions. I also noted that i didnt have time to do the write up as im rather busy replacing links and addons as you may imagine. and i wasnt going to answer the tech questions to follow on how to add this and where

the op knows this hes on the same fing post

IVUE have ceased entering macs into the guide system to circumnavigate the loop holes and will no longer assist anyone trying to renter. even though there are 2 ways that are working. at the moment

YES dara i have sent a few emails and spoke to psycon but hes away too like myself. i would like to intergrate the valid mac system into ivue. then those that have a paid donation can continue to enjoy the guide.

and for now well continue adding more channels and streamers in as we have for the last 18 months :)

I discovered this morning that even when I designated a custom .ini file with my MAC replacements, it was overwritten with bad MACs (79 + BB:BB:BB) later.

I have nothing but admiration for the iVue folks, but it would be great if we can get some help on how to avoid having to delete MACs in the .ini file every few days.

dara
08-16-2015, 03:22 PM
You can avoid the overwrites by renaming the resulting .ini to something other than addons.ini and pointing to it using the settings for a custom ini.

Deana3333
08-17-2015, 12:41 PM
They just fixed the Ivue guide all you got to do is go into setting down to fixes then to the bottom and click delete addon ini file then ok back out then open the guide select bbc one settings remove stream then choose stream and there you go! All fixed!!

dproff
08-17-2015, 10:02 PM
You can avoid the overwrites by renaming the resulting .ini to something other than addons.ini and pointing to it using the settings for a custom ini.

That was what I meant by "I designated a custom .ini file" and this did not work. I renamed it to a custom name and iVue changed the file anyway.

Also I am not sure I understand what Deana3333 did. It is not clear, but I would like to try it if I can understand what was done.

Drivium
08-18-2015, 10:42 PM
Didn't read through entire thread, so stop me if someone has done this... I'm creating a vbscript to automate the process of assigning a users MAC to the addons.ini file in iVue. It will have a popup box for the user to enter the raw encoded mac address string from their addons.ini file (following the original tutorial method for copying it from this thread) and a pop up to enter YOUR mac address. It will do the rest: convert the raw string, tack on the 6 digits from your mac address, re-encode, and replace all instances with it in your addons.ini file. About half way done..., but I have a question...

Should this tack on the first 6 or last 6 from a users MAC?
So if my raw decoded string looks like this: mac": "00:1A:79:BB:BB:BB", "
and cleaned up string looks like this: 00:1A:79:BB:BB:BB
...and MY mac address looks like this: AB:CD:EF:00:01:02
Should the final MAC look like this? 00:1A:79:00:01:02
or this? 00:1A:79:AB:CD:EF

Also, I've read about some users using 00:1A:78 (not always 79). Not clear if this is determined in original iVue addons.ini file or not. If it's something the user needs to specify, I could just make another pop box for the user to enter 78 or 79. I welcome any other ideas...

Also, would be a windows only tool... :(

thx

dara
08-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Didn't read through entire thread, so stop me if someone has done this... I'm creating a vbscript to automate the process of assigning a users MAC to the addons.ini file in iVue. It will have a popup box for the user to enter the raw encoded mac address string from their addons.ini file (following the original tutorial method for copying it from this thread) and a pop up to enter YOUR mac address. It will do the rest: convert the raw string, tack on the 6 digits from your mac address, re-encode, and replace all instances with it in your addons.ini file. About half way done..., but I have a question...

Should this tack on the first 6 or last 6 from a users MAC?
So if my raw decoded string looks like this: mac": "00:1A:79:BB:BB:BB", "
and cleaned up string looks like this: 00:1A:79:BB:BB:BB
...and MY mac address looks like this: AB:CD:EF:00:01:02
Should the final MAC look like this? 00:1A:79:00:01:02
or this? 00:1A:79:AB:CD:EF

Also, I've read about some users using 00:1A:78 (not always 79). Not clear if this is determined in original iVue addons.ini file or not. If it's something the user needs to specify, I could just make another pop box for the user to enter 78 or 79. I welcome any other ideas...

Also, would be a windows only tool... :(

thx

The on-going requirement for non-stb users will be to use the "00:1A:78" prefix. However, some are still reporting that the 79 is still working for them. If I were coding this thing, I'd just have the user enter the entire MAC that they have linked to their donation. If you'd like, you probably could warn the user that the mac entered is not valid with the server. I'd also have the ability to just enter the 12 numbers, without having to worry about the colons.

dara
08-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Yea, my plan was to have them enter their whole mac and have the script cut half of it to add it to the prefix, but which half of the users MAC is needed? 1st half or 2nd half?

I think that's where you may confuse people. The first six digits designate the maker of the device/nic, the last six are supposed to be unique to that maker. For the purposes of the iptv server and the Stalker middleware, the last six doesn't really matter to it as long as it matches to a linked MAC to a valid donation. That linked MAC has to be able to work with the server with IPTV Stalker. If they can't make IPTV Stalker work as a standalone add-on, they either don't have a valid linked mac, or they aren't actually connecting with the server, probably due to a wrong url. So if you are coding this, just let the user enter his MAC that has already been lined to a donation. You don't have to pick digits, but if you want, just pick the last six that the user entered and make sure the first six are "00:1A:78".

Drivium
08-19-2015, 02:56 PM
You don't have to pick digits, but if you want, just pick the last six that the user entered and make sure the first six are "00:1A:78".

The first 6 (00:1A:78) are what I was referring to as the prefix. I get that this piece is mandatory and unchanging. So, I'll have it grab the last 6 of the users MAC. So, if the users MAC is 11:22:33:44:55:66, the result will be 00:1A:78:44:55:66.

Also - so far, in iVue on both my FireTV & PC, the default MAC in the addons.ini file is 00:1A:79:BB:BB:BB. Is this the case for everyone? If so, the encrypted string would be the same within the .ini file also. I could save the user the step of having to copy that string into the popup if it's always the same.

dara
08-19-2015, 03:11 PM
The first 6 (00:1A:78) are what I was referring to as the prefix. I get that this piece is mandatory and unchanging. So, I'll have it grab the last 6 of the users MAC. So, if the users MAC is 11:22:33:44:55:66, the result will be 00:1A:78:44:55:66. Thanks.

That's fine, but for the purpose of the service, their linked MAC should always start with 00:1A:78, even if their real actual MAC starts with 11:22:33 ... the server doesn't care. If you allow someone to enter 11:22:33:44:55:66 into your script, they will link that same number into their donation or at least attempt it, and then complain that iVue doesn't work after they entered their MAC. Yes, users will do that... :)

Drivium
08-19-2015, 03:31 PM
I think we're miscommunicating. I understand that the 00:1A:78 should ALWAYS go at the beginning of the MAC. I've already coded for that. No matter which MAC the user enters, the front half will be stripped away and replaced with 00:1A:78. I'll have a msgbox popup that allows the user to view the MAC they're about to write to the ini so they can confirm it's correct. They can proceed or abort.

Shaninho
08-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Hi all I'm new to all of this, I have installed Ivie guides etc and I have IPTV stalker add on but when I click to open the list of all channels I get authorisation failed, I'm on kodi 14.2 on an android box? Can you help me please? Thanks, Shane.

tvlarry
08-19-2015, 05:24 PM
I have a G-Box, so how do you edit the ( "addons.ini" file ) per instructions all over this forum ? Is there a special program to gain access to this text file ? Can anyone write a program fix to work under a Quick Fix link, or Maintanance Add-on ? Its easy to do if you have Windows as descripobed in the fix, but lots of us have no way to search a .ini file more less edit it.

thanks

Drivium
08-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Ok, need someone to test!

Here's a pastebin of my code: http://pastebin.com/xqdAPT8g

Link to app: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UqN53jp_4camkwOUZvWUFBMkE/view?usp=sharing

How to use:

Make sure a COPY of your addons.ini file and iVue_MAC_Swap.vbs are in the same folder:

Execute the VBS file.

Follow the prompts:

Won't be able to test until I get home, but it writes to the ini successfully. My only concern is that basic text editing may somehow corrupt the file as opposed to modifying it within Notepad++. Guess we'll see... But, that's why we use COPIES right? lol

Drivium
08-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Tested. Works. Woot.

tvlarry
08-19-2015, 08:09 PM
The on-going requirement for non-stb users will be to use the "00:1A:78" prefix. However, some are still reporting that the 79 is still working for them. If I were coding this thing, I'd just have the user enter the entire MAC that they have linked to their donation. If you'd like, you probably could warn the user that the mac entered is not valid with the server. I'd also have the ability to just enter the 12 numbers, without having to worry about the colons.

What happens when the mac letters are not found in the addons.ini file in a text editor ?

Drivium
08-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Improved script to automatically find the encoded MAC within their addons.ini file. User no longer needs to manually copy and paste the encoded mac string from the ini file. The only user interaction now is to provide their MAC address...wait a few seconds....and confirm the write.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/XdfYP6dF

Link to file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UqN53jp_4cSmNrSEdJTm5GakU/view?usp=sharing

dara
08-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Works great Drivium!

I have to code your links to conform to the site rules.

I'll copy your posts over to the Kodi EPG section so it can be found easier.

Drivium
08-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Sweet! Glad to hear its working for someone other than myself. lol. Thanks for fixing the links and for your input.

dara
08-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Maybe spoke too soon... getting authorization errors and couldn't get into PVR Stalker or STB Emu.

Yep, and can't log into my other apps as well with my mac. I changed it to another so I can log in. It looks like the ini maybe sending the serial number so it may screw up other addons.

dara
08-19-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking that the version 2 is probably good for those who use iVue with IPTV Stalker alone, and not PVR Stalker or the STB Emu.

Drivium
08-20-2015, 12:09 AM
The v2 script makes no mods to any serials. It strictly mods the MACs that follow the word "mac" and the only "mac" I have in mine is related to iptvstalker. Was the final MAC the script displayed not the right MAC? I'm trying to understand what might be going on. Are you able to send me a copy of your addon.ini file so I can see how it plays with the script? If possible, let me know what the script should avoid modifying in the ini file. Not sure why your tecbox addons.ini would impact other addons...

dara
08-20-2015, 12:30 AM
The MAC was correct, and it did work initially, but after exiting out of Kodi, the other addons and emulators stopped working. If a "serial number" is sent by IPTV Stalker, it will screw up access for other addons as it is stored on the middleware. All the iVue is doing is passing what ever is in that line, and there is some junk that is sent across with that line for the serial number. I believe can be prevented with a minor hard code change in IPTV Stalker.

I do think the script will work for most that only use the iVue though.

Drivium
08-20-2015, 12:42 AM
Ok. I think I'm seeing what you are describing. The live tv channels are no longer working. If I access iptv stalker manually (via video addons), I can get in just fine and iVue also works. TV/EPG seem to be the only thing affected for me. So, anything I can do on my end? Maybe clear the references to "serial" in the ini? Or are you saying that there can't be a universal solution to this issue? I'm asking sincerely, because I'm VERY new to KODI and it's addons and my OCD will flare up if I keep chasing this thing with no possible solution...lol.

Are you a programmer? Getting the impression you are.

dara
08-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Ok. I think I'm seeing what you are describing. The live tv channels are no longer working. If I access iptv stalker manually (via video addons), I can get in just fine and iVue also works. TV/EPG seem to be the only thing affected for me. So, anything I can do on my end? Maybe clear the references to "serial" in the ini?

Are you a programmer?

That's what I was thinking... if the serial references are removed from the ini, or if it sends it over as null, the IPTV Stalker should still work, and not affect PVR Stalker or the STB Emu.

I'm not a programmer, or at least current, but I can read code. The call to the server is made in 'addon.py' in the plugin.video.stalker in the playLevel() def. I'll see if it still will work by removing the portal ['serial'] argument.

Drivium
08-20-2015, 01:01 AM
That's what I was thinking... if the serial references are removed from the ini, or if it sends it over as null, the IPTV Stalker should still work, and not affect PVR Stalker or the STB Emu. I'll see if it still will work by removing the portal ['serial'] argument

Cool. Let me know. If that does the trick, we're lookin' at v3.

I'm not a programmer, or at least current, but I can read code.

Gotcha. I'm not really either, more of a hacker. I just like to automate stuff. Push a button and watch the pretty lights. When you said "middleware", I was instantly impressed...lol. No idea what that is. I'm not current either. Most familiar with vbs, which is about 9999 years old, but still supported in windows by default! lol I've written some python scripts at work and have been able to do what I needed to, but I wouldn't say I'm fluent.

I still don't get how an iVue ini can affect other addons...

dara
08-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Cool. Let me know. If that does the trick, we're lookin' at v3.

Gotcha. I'm not really either, more of a hacker. I just like to automate stuff. Push a button and watch the pretty lights. When you said "middleware", I was instantly impressed...lol. No idea what that is. I'm not current either. Most familiar with vbs, which about 9999 years old, but still supported in windows by default! lol I've used python at work and have been able to do what I needed to.

I found the line that sends the serial number in IPTV Stalker, and was able to comment it out. I'll see if work...

Drivium
08-20-2015, 01:14 AM
Might have been a false alarm in my case. Checked windows task manager and there was a python script that was hung up. Killed Kodi, then I killed the python script, restarted KODI and everything works again. Just me?

dara
08-20-2015, 01:30 AM
Yeah, it does with the modified ini, and it doesn't screw up PVR Stalker!

For those that want to try this, make this change in the load_channels.py in plugin.video.stalker
Just put a # sign in front of the setSerialNumber(Serial)

def retriveUrl(portal_mac, url, serial, channel, tmp):

setMac(portal_mac);
# setSerialNumber(serial);

if 'matrix' in channel:
return retrieve_matrixUrl(url, channel);

else:
return retrive_defaultUrl(url, channel, tmp);

Drivium
08-20-2015, 01:42 AM
Ok, cool. What's weird is that the serial piece for iptvstalker is in the iVue addons.ini by default, yet it doesn't mess anything up. All my script does is mod the mac. Do you get why modding the tecbox ini has this affect?

dara
08-20-2015, 01:51 AM
This fixed it for you?

Yeah. I used v2 on a default addons.ini with my linked mac, moved it into the userdata for the iVue, and made that code change. iVue is still sending over that serial number trash to IPTV Stalker, but at least IPTV Stalker isn't sending it on to the server, which doesn't need it. However, the cache for PVR Stalker won't be good for that session, to bring it back you have disable/enable live tv after quitting IPTV Stalker.

If you can figure out how to get rid of the serial number from the .ini, then that code change won't be necessary. I'll leave on my local copy... if the iVue guys want, they might want to make that a mod on their copy in their repo but they will need to renumber the addon version to prevent it from being changed by the rogue 1.2.0.

Drivium
08-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Ok. Ill see what affect removing that from the ini has, tomorrow.

Drivium
08-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Ok, I can still connect to iptvstalker if I remove all of the references to serial in the ini. I just did it in msword. Your's may be the same. I searched for serial%22%3A+%7B%22 replaced with null (in the "replace with" area, I left it blank). Try it on yours and see if this fixes your issues. If so, I'll mod the script to remove this.

Will be a quick fix if your serial string is the same as mine. I can give the script a specific thing to look for.

On another note, if you decrypt that string, it's a weird sad face. :{

EDIT = if your serial string IS the same, I've got a v3 script ready to go... If its not, can you post what yours is so I can code for the variables ?

Here's an example of what mine looks like (bolded in blue):

2%3A+%22NFPS%22%2C+%22parental%22%3A+%22false%22%2 C+%22url%22%3A+%22http%3A%2F%2Fportal.iptvprivates erver.tv%22%2C+%22mac%22%3A+%2200%3A1A%3A79%3ABB%3 ABB%3ABB%22%2C+%22serial%22%3A+%7B%22custom%22%3A+ false%7D%2C+%22password%22%3A+%220000%22%7D&mode=play&logo_url=http%3A%2F%2Fportal.iptvprivateserver.tv% 2Fstalker_portal%2Fmisc%2Flogos%2F320%2F1405.png&
Channel

-d

Drivium
08-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Can anyone confirm what their serial string looks like in the tecbox addons.ini file?

dara
08-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Can anyone confirm what their serial string looks like in the tecbox addons.ini file?

The serial string is the same. I'm not sure if it will stop something from getting into serial number, though, so I haven't tested it without that code change I did in IPTV Stalker... I put in a print statement to find out what is seen in "portal ['serial']" before it gets passed to the server, and it does return something, including the word 'custom', so iVue may just be parsing based on character position.

Drivium
08-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Here is version 3 of the iVue MAC Swap Tool. Gives user the choice to remove references to serial in their addons.ini file. This assumes that their serial matches this: serial%22%3A+%7B%22 as I'm assuming this is a default. Also sexied up the prompts.

Enjoy

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7ysHbVGm

Link to script:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UqN53jp_4cZTBSODVXZEctdEU/view?usp=sharing

Drivium
08-20-2015, 08:42 PM
The serial string is the same. I'm not sure if it will stop something from getting into serial number, though, so I haven't tested it without that code change I did in IPTV Stalker... I put in a print statement to find out what is seen in "portal ['serial']" before it gets passed to the server, and it does return something, including the word 'custom', so iVue may just be parsing based on character position.

Ok. I could modify the script to include the "custom" string if "serial" doesn't do it. Do you want to test out v3 and see if that solves it for you? You'd need to test with your .py file unmodded. Otherwise, can you compare the entire serial & custom string from my previous post to see if it matches yours? I may just need to include that whole string to search for...

tvlarry
08-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Forget Ivue, the PVR Stalker guide and channel list works perfect with no need to reset cache !

ivueguide
08-20-2015, 09:08 PM
thanks larry :) sorry ive been away and to be fair just a little lazy its too hot here ill have a look and see if i can be any help on this thanks for taking the time to work on it good job guys

Drivium
08-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Forget Ivue, the PVR Stalker guide and channel list works perfect with no need to reset cache !

I've not been able to get it to work yet. Keeps saying "unable to load channels", so I gave up. On Isengard/iOS 8.1.2/Stalker Client 0.8.3, if that makes any difference. Using config from here (but, with my own mac)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0lRYI8RR8Q

...or is PVR Stalker Guide it's own type of iVue'ish guide? I'm assuming you mean the built in EPG in KODI populated with IPTV Stalker content that you see when you enable "TV".

dara
08-21-2015, 03:13 AM
Drivium, I tried the v3, but the serial number deletion caused script errors in IPTV Stalker. If I don't use that option, the ivue works (and I still preventing the serial number from getting sent). I like the dialog boxes in v3 though.

The iVue developer (ivueguide) is working on creating a python script for the iVue guide to accept a mac to be sent, but he said that it may take some time. At least we know that your scripts work to change the MAC. The code change to IPTV Stalker is pretty easy, so I may just offer that as a patch to allow users to be able to use the iVue and not corrupt their linked MAC. If the IPTV Stalker developer ever comes back, he probably could help too.

Drivium
08-21-2015, 02:20 PM
I want to be able to replicate the error you're seeing. What do I need to have installed in KODI and what steps are you taking to produce the error? If you can feed me that, I can work on a working solution without the need to have you be the guinea pig for every iteration. Maybe screen captures or a video you can pm me of the steps you are taking to produce the error? I'd just need to make my setup like yours. I really don't think this will be hard to fix, just need to understand the problem better. Maybe you can zip up your whole KODI folder and upload somewhere for me to download?

dara
08-21-2015, 02:58 PM
I'll see what I can do. TBH, I'm only testing the iVue so I can help others fix their problems with connecting with the service. By themselves, the add-ons are working like they should, and if they are set up to the tutorials, no one should have issues. iVue has been an interesting project, because their guide is probably the best free one out there, but all these add-ons were developed without knowing what exactly "NFPS" was going to do with their validation. They may even change things like introducing serial number validation going forward.

I won't send you my Kodi... it really has no issues, but i'll post the Kodi log where it fails connecting to the server, as well as the output from the log. I really hope others are getting some use out of your script... it does work, but my guess is that they might have given up well before they even tried the fix.

Drivium
08-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Ok, probably as good as it can get based on the info I have. We'll call it good then. Let me know if it needs tweaking. This was fun.

Drivium
08-21-2015, 05:23 PM
I won't send you my Kodi...

By the way, oddly protective of your Kodi. :confused::p

dara
08-21-2015, 05:59 PM
By the way, oddly protective of your Kodi. :confused::p

No, just too many passwords, and way too many addons... its just under 1 gig, and even the userdata is about 350mb.

Alucard
08-21-2015, 09:14 PM
1. Disable the Send Serial Number in the Stalker Client or disable it.
2. Make sure that you are not using the same MAC on any other device.
3. Shutdown Kodi and any other device that may be using the same MAC.
4. Go to this link and generate a new MAC. hxxp://www.hellion.org.uk/cgi-bin/randmac.pl?scope=global&oui=00%3A1A%3A78&type=mult icast. Replace xx with tt.
5. Associate the new MAC with your donation. If it fails, repeat 3 and 4 until it accepts the MAC.
6. Go to C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\add on_data\pvr.stalker folder and open the settings.xml.
7. Insure the connection_timeout value is at 60.
8. active_portal value should be 0.
9. id="mac_0" value will be the new MAC adress.
10. Save the file.
11. Restart Kodi and see if it now works.

dara
08-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Everyone, this is going to sound like... why didn't I think about that? In the other thread about stopping the serial number from getting sent, Alucard found the lines where the portal credentials are established for IPTV Stalker when it gets called from iVue, or other external callers to it. So, in short, you can change one line in IPTV Stalker that will take the command from iVue, using the credentials set in Portal 1. You still will need to not set the "send serial number" as it does make junk for the server, but that's preventable as well from IPTV Stalker.

It may be a good time to send out an update to IPTV Stalker, which can be used with iVue, but with Renegades as well.

Here's the fix... Replace the addon.py in "special" Kodi/addons/plugin.video.stalker

dara
08-29-2015, 04:12 AM
Here is the modified version of IPTV Stalker ... compatible with your valid linked mac and iVue! You don't need a modified addons.ini

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7379-Modified-IPTV-Stalker-(9-0-18)-iVue-compatible

high247
09-01-2015, 02:57 AM
This needs a sticky! You rock!

Everyone, this is going to sound like... why didn't I think about that? In the other thread about stopping the serial number from getting sent, Alucard found the lines where the portal credentials are established for IPTV Stalker when it gets called from iVue, or other external callers to it. So, in short, you can change one line in IPTV Stalker that will take the command from iVue, using the credentials set in Portal 1. You still will need to not set the "send serial number" as it does make junk for the server, but that's preventable as well from IPTV Stalker.

It may be a good time to send out an update to IPTV Stalker, which can be used with iVue, but with Renegades as well.

Here's the fix... Replace the addon.py in "special" Kodi/addons/plugin.video.stalker

high247
09-01-2015, 02:57 AM
Worked mint.