PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the Avov TVonline or wait for the Quadcore?

Twentyfour
08-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Hi I am hyped for this Avov and was just about to purchase the Avov Tv Online, then I noticed that someone mentioned the release of a quadcore.

-Will the quadcore be released within the next couple weeks?
-Would it be the same price as the Avov Tv Online (and causing the TV online to drop in price) or more expensive... in the same price range as Avov Vixo2 ?

- I would only be using the Avov to watch live shows (during primetime hours) on the American and Canadian channels... ie. Fox, NBC, CBS, FOX, E!, BRAVO, AMC, HBO, VH1, Global, CityTV, CTV... Or should I buy the TVonline now since it wont drop in price and it will be perfect (smooth navigating thru all the menu/ and watching live tv while using a fast internet connection) for my needs.

Thanks

theone
08-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Hi I am hyped for this Avov and was just about to purchase the Avov Tv Online, then I noticed that someone mentioned the release of a quadcore.

-Will the quadcore be released within the next couple weeks?
-Would it be the same price as the Avov Tv Online (and causing the TV online to drop in price) or more expensive... in the same price range as Avov Vixo2 ?

- I would only be using the Avov to watch live shows (during primetime hours) on the American and Canadian channels... ie. Fox, NBC, CBS, FOX, E!, BRAVO, AMC, HBO, VH1, Global, CityTV, CTV... Or should I buy the TVonline now since it wont drop in price and it will be perfect (smooth navigating thru all the menu/ and watching live tv while using a fast internet connection) for my needs.

Thanks

Depends on how long your willing to wait. If you need it desperately then you should buy the avov TV online now but either way, Avov is an amazing box especially the tvonline which I own and loving it.

a-team
08-10-2015, 08:31 PM
I highly highly doubt the TVOnline will drop in price to be honest. Chances are the quad core will just cost more. Based on what you said I think the current TVOnline will be fine for you, there really aren't any performance issues. The only problem I see you running into is the occasional freeze when using TVMC which is pretty scarce if your not doing anything to crazy. The quadcore is scheduled to be released in the coming weeks but I'm kind of skeptical on it too be honest. It is supposed to come before the Vixo Fuse so either the Fuse will get delayed and the Quad core steasl the release date of the Fuse, or they get released around the same time. There is also the possibility of it being released after the Fuse so we will see how things roll out. Hope that helps you come to a decision.

Lowteck
08-11-2015, 08:14 PM
One of the things to consider is Kodi. They have been concerned about the unit having power enough to run Kodi smoothly. I have the vixo2 and when using Kodi 15 and sometimes have buffering issues and micro freezes. The faster the processor or more powerful the less you will have of that. Just my thoughts on that.

a-team
08-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Honestly performance comes from more than just processing. If you look at the hardware usage in Kodi you should notice the processing is hardly the issue. Most of the time (especially if you are doing a lot of different kind of operations) the freezing occurs because of hard drive reading or memory usage. Vixo2 has 1gb of ram and that is usually more than enough to handle tasks. However with Mickyhop and Kodi running at the same time it could sometimes be cumbersome and the micro freezes you experience can more than be related to memory being recycled. Right now it is barely an issue but I think upgrading just the processor is not enough. I do not know the full specs of the quad core TV Online but I do hope they boost the memory on it as well. If not then you will still run into strange hiccups despite the device being quad core. So that is something to look out for as well.