PDA

View Full Version : Unwatchable Freezing on MAG 254

Nick15
01-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Hello all, I just wanted to tell my experience with MAG 254 yesterday. Around 5:00 pm est I tried to watch Beverly Hills Cop and had to stop immediately. It was freezing from the moment it started with the credits. Within first 2 or 3 minutes I had to stop the movie as was totally unwatchable. I knw there was a new update for the MAG 254 and mine had not received it yet. About one hour later I tried to watch the same movie again and it was working great with no freezing at all. This was still on the old update. Then I manually put in the latest update and checked the same movie again and the MAG 254 was still working perfectly with no freezing. I had made no changes to the buffering and my internet speed is good, around 23 meg download and 2 meg upload. Now just a few minutes ago, it is after 1:00 am est I tried to watch the same movie again and again it is unwatchable due to constant freezing. I tried another movie as well with the same results. I am hoping that the admins are doing testing and this might explain my problems. I stated testing the VOD service the second day it started. The first few days I had no problems at all and it ran beautifully. I just wanted you to know my results on one day and hope that you guys will find the answers as I do not believe it is with my equipment. I hope my experience may help you out. TIA :cool:

mgvet
01-17-2015, 01:14 PM
I set my MAG254 up yesterday with the same results. What I learned years ago is if it was working.....Don't Fix It.
The problem has to be with the server due to testing issues. We just have to take the good with the bad for now.

theuduk
01-17-2015, 01:38 PM
It has been reported that setting Network to Stactic and 8.8.8.8. has stopped the freezing for some, I have no freezing with 7m D/L so have not tried it.

p.s. read post 275 here,,,,,,,http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?474-IPTV-VOD-Ready-For-Testing!/page28

ronsinol
01-17-2015, 03:27 PM
It has been reported that setting Network to Stactic and 8.8.8.8. has stopped the freezing for some, I have no freezing with 7m D/L so have not tried it.

p.s. read post 275 here,,,,,,,http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?474-IPTV-VOD-Ready-For-Testing!/page28

i have the same problem, crazy freezing with NFPS, i changed the network settings as mentioned above but no luck,. I have another sub for IPTV it has some freezing. I guess IPTV is still in very early stage to get stable watching. This reminds me the days when first IKS started...

Nick15
01-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Thanks theuduk. I have read this but have not tried it yet. I will give it a try when I see it freezing that badly again. But like ronsinol had stated I also believe that it is testing being done on the servers. I seen a big dramatic change within one hour without any changes by me. I started this thread for the admin to see. Hopefully my test times may help them to understand any changes they may be trying. I am sure they will figure it out.

K00lKatT
01-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Is there some reason to shout??..geez, go easy with the font..damn

Nick15
01-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Sorry about that. Not really shouting. Just have bad eyes myself. Did not realize that it was that large. Hope this may look better. :o
Is there some reason to shout??..geez, go easy with the font..damn

K00lKatT
01-17-2015, 04:30 PM
thanks, Nick, much better, my friend..

polosj
01-17-2015, 06:32 PM
We all know this. IP TV needs bandwidth if more boxes start to connects to the portal. So there is nothing wrong with your settings on your box (if freezing all the time) then YES. Otherwise is is the bandwidth of that portal that they need to balance and diverse just like normal traffics, since this is IP TV, so there. Just MHO.

Nick15
01-17-2015, 11:10 PM
The main thing I wanted to get across to the peeps was that this reacts differently af different times so I hope they are playing with their server settings in trying to fine tune the system for us all. The last time I had bad freezing was after 1:00 am est. At that time I assume there would be less users on the system but I actually had the worst freezing. I am just trying to provide my experience in case it may help others.

Nick15
01-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Hey KoolKatT, I still would like a little larger font. This reply is in no. 3 size. I wanted to see how it looked. Not shouting as that would be in all CAPS. :o How does this look my friend? Thanks. If still too big I will go back to size 2.

Bkman2020
01-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Most likely they do work over night .

theuduk
01-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Watched My big fat greek wedding at 8pm last night no freeze, is in an area where wifi is very weak xbmc needs cat5 to run smoothely.
I also have my router set to 8.8.8.8. for some years think it helps, how to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_Mwqjrje0&noredirect=1

K00lKatT
01-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Nick, LOL, if it makes ya happy go for it..

K00lKatT
01-18-2015, 04:25 PM
Thks, Duk, had company last nite we grilled outside, watched 3 movies with absolutely no freeze. Still wish they would get the HD up, though..

theuduk
01-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Nice to hear KOOLKatT would have froze outside last night is warming up today.

tbird686
01-19-2015, 02:05 AM
can this be made a sticky for a step by step .....for others to try

Envychef
01-19-2015, 03:02 AM
Ya mines freezing too unwatchable tried all those suggestions buffer, DNS reboots etc any other ideas? Sorry for the high jack by the way

theuduk
01-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Could not get it to run yesterday early afternoon a couple of hours later was smooth running, was first time I see freezing could be the test mode or my internet was bad.