PDA

View Full Version : Conor McGregor signs a ....

jetta
01-15-2015, 01:52 AM
Conor McGregor signs a deal with Reebok
By Chuck Mindenhall on Jan 14 2015, 8:00p
202 203

Looks like Conor McGregor is the latest fighter to become part of the Reebok family.

The UFC's Irish featherweight sensation tweeted out the news on Wednesday night, complete with a photo of him in kick pose.
Heading into 2015, McGregor -- who headlines Sunday night's UFC Fight Night 59 card in Boston against Dennis Siver -- is one of the UFC's biggest, most marketable stars. Among the numerous sponsorships he has carried since debuting in the UFC back in 2013 was a deal with Dethrone Royalty Brand, in which he was provided a monthly stipend and royalties based on sales. McGregor's Dethrone shirts were popular items, particularly for his fight against Diego Brandao in his native Dublin last July.

McGregor joins women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, and Johny Hendricks under the Reebok-sponsored umbrella.

"Conor's hard work, determination and confidence have gotten him to where he is today," Reebok Brand President Matt O'Toole said in a press release. "His passion and his commitment to continual self-improvement are a true reflection of the Reebok brand."

"You smell that money, Kenny?" McGregor joked with analyst Kenny Florian during an appearance on UFC Tonight. "I partnered with Reebok, it's a big step in my career, and I'm honored to be with this brand. This is a big deal for myself, and of course with the partnership Reebok and the UFC have, I am honored to be one of the athletes that Reebok has chosen to get behind. And Sunday night I will prove that by going out they to perform in phenomenal style."

This past December it was announced that the UFC had entered into a six-year deal with Reebok to become the promotion's official apparel partner, beginning in July. All fighters at that time will wear uniforms tailored by the Reebok brand.