PDA

View Full Version : KODI install problem

Cd001111
07-24-2015, 03:54 PM
I have a generic TV box that is problematic in that the picture would go on and off. In an effort to fix it I deleted KODI. I also did a system restore, When I go to the google play store to re install it the only option I have is to Uninstall it. Can I get around this, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

MXQ box, black plastic 4 USB

dara
07-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Are you sure Kodi is actually uninstalled? Verify that through the Android settings for Apps.

If its not there, you can download the version from Kodi.tv, move it to a USB stick, and with a file manager, find the the install file and click on it. You have to be able to install from unknown sources, a setting under security/device administration.

123tv
07-24-2015, 04:03 PM
yes, seem s to a problem sometimes with these box, I installed new operating software, cured the problem, its not Kodi

Cd001111
07-27-2015, 11:05 AM
yes, seem s to a problem sometimes with these box, I installed new operating software, cured the problem, its not Kodi

I would love to know how you did it, I was following instructions from the Tech in China. I have nothing to loose at this point, I don't want to send it back, does,t pay.

Roach46
07-27-2015, 06:55 PM
well, when you turn the box on, go into your setting and look for your apps, click on that and see if you have kodi or TWMC, delete it, then, you`ll need to download an app from google play store called files browser, if you dont have it already, i doubt it as most of these boxes from china are not set up that good, after you did this, on your box, open browser, and google kodi download, you want kodi 15 for androind apk, try this and report back, reflashing a set top box, can be risky, there is a chance you can "brick it" and that will be it for the box

Marley
07-28-2015, 05:26 AM
you have good box maybe need to do a factory this should work ask the tech your where talking too

http://howtoresolved.com/tube/9VKAaaQeK2Y/how-to-restore-android-tv-gbox-mx2-mxq-toothpick-method
use at own risk