PDA

View Full Version : Iptv

Stiffleruk
07-10-2015, 07:28 PM
Hi I'm new here so be gentle! I'm looking for an iptv file that I can connect to my plex server. Freebie would be good but for a good one I'm assuming "donation" is the best way. Any pointers to where or how would be greatly appreciated. Regards

K00lKatT
07-10-2015, 07:46 PM
while I know plex works with android boxes, not so sure about IPTV, I know our provider prolly won't for obvious reasons..

dara
07-10-2015, 07:58 PM
I don't think this answer will help you much, but there isn't a known 'channel' for plex for the rocket/nfps service. Someone may develop one in the future. My understanding is that plex is a media server, like twonky. The applications that do work with the service to date are 'clients' such as Kodi or IPTV STB Emulator which connect to the service via its Stalker middleware. So, it depends on the platform you want to see IPTV. It appears that Plex isn't necessary, but I understand that Kodi can interact with Plex so you can use Kodi as a front-end to both IPTV and your Plex server via Kodi addons.

K00lKatT
07-10-2015, 08:05 PM
thanks Dara, but being that NFPS & Rocket are both paid for subs, I don't believe they'll allow it due to the ability to stream it to any other plex user

dara
07-10-2015, 08:21 PM
thanks Dara, but being that NFPS & Rocket are both paid for subs, I don't believe they'll allow it due to the ability to stream it to any other plex user

Yeah, but the only thing we could do here is not allow discussion about that! :) Even if a Plex server could stream it out to other plex users, it's still only one connection, and only one could control what is on the outgoing stream.

K00lKatT
07-10-2015, 08:31 PM
that is true, I know someone who fits that description to a "T"...

Stiffleruk
07-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the reply. Plex is the way I want to watch iptv and yes I was wanting to stream to more than one device. I'm pretty much a beginner just wasn't sure if it is possible if so where/how I would find it. Like I say paying for it is fine just I got quoted 150 a month which is way to much for me and friends to watch the sunderland games lol

K00lKatT
07-10-2015, 08:55 PM
right now our service is free, if you donate now it costs $70 a year after the 15th $80 for a year but that offer only good for 90 days, after that $105 a year. All include a year of IKS service also....see the announcements

wickedjoker
07-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Yep just got my three today... All set for D day!

Stiffleruk
07-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Forgive me for sounding thick but what is the sub for? If it's for access to iptv will it work on plex? Regards

dara
07-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Forgive me for sounding thick but what is the sub for? If it's for access to iptv will it work on plex? Regards

I'm pretty sure we covered this earlier. The 'sub' is for access to the NFPS servers, that's it. It shouldn't be device specific, but it appears that its not currently possible to use plex for access. Out of curiousity, what platform is your plex running upon?

Stiffleruk
07-11-2015, 05:52 PM
I use my plex on windows but I also want to pin connect now tv box's to it using the plex app

floder2
07-11-2015, 05:56 PM
you could hope that Mickeyhop if you have an AVOV box would come up with the PLEX app...........For XBMC.(KODI).not sure if Plex is an addon.......

What if any TV-Box do you have?

dara
07-11-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't think this service will work for plex. Reason is that the links are served by stalker middleware, not in a simple m3u list. Your nowtv boxes probably can't work individually with the service either. Then again, someone out there could just create a plug-in or what ever they call in in Plex to interface with stalker.

Aids10
12-12-2016, 09:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkGMqvfcmDU

Capt.Kangaroo
12-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Aids10, no live links, please code them next time