PDA

View Full Version : Asking for password

capthook
10-25-2023, 02:55 PM
I just set up a X5 box and sent it to a friend a few provinces away. It was working fine here but there it won't connect to server. He is getting the message that it needs a password. I have reset his service to no avail and tried switching from hardwire to wifi and it says it has a connection. Does the fact that he is on satellite connection be a problem?

crazed 9.6
10-25-2023, 03:44 PM
when is this asking for a password? At initial start up or other ?

Default password for the device itself is 4 zeros, but the device should not be asking for a password.
Passwords are usually needed for certain apps like netflix and etc. Or locked channels. Maybe he is locked on one of those channels ?

So we need to know at what point is the password being requested.

or is it a WiFi password that is being requested ?

capthook
10-25-2023, 04:15 PM
It's asking for a password when it goes to the portal. It says it can not connect. I've checked his settings in the portal that worked here before I sent it to him. I've done a reset of the service and had him do a reboot but still getting the same results. I hope I can walk him through the fix as the shipping cost is quite high. The only thing I can see different is the remote connection on the satellite service.

crazed 9.6
10-25-2023, 04:20 PM
instead of trying to open portal, have him open ytube or open the onboard Market and test to see if he can download an app. Just pick any app and try downloading it, he can always delete the app afterwRDS. iF IT LOADS OR IF YTUBE WORKS THEN WE KNOW IT IS IN FACT CONNECTED TO INTERNET.

OOOPS, sorry about CAPS :0

crazed 9.6
10-25-2023, 04:24 PM
and also, the device may be trying to connect thru a alternate method, like thru m3u for example.
So open the Settings and then open Server Settings and ensure to connect thru MAC option, if indeed the device is setup thru MAC connection.

crazed 9.6
10-25-2023, 04:32 PM
I gotta step away for a couple hours.
Hopefully another knowledgeable member can step in and help with this.
Ryu usually does but he is off line for a few days at the present time.

Check that it is getting internet connection.
Check it is connecting thru correct method, such as the MAC connection.
Check the username/password is set at the website for the MAC connection.

You could try a factory reset but then he'd have to re enter the username/password in the server setup (i think).
I doubt a factory reset is our answer anyway thou.

I'll be back :)

capthook
10-25-2023, 04:36 PM
He said that he has tested it on youtube and it works and I had him double check the mac portal and it checks out.

capthook
10-25-2023, 04:57 PM
should I generate a new donation number?

crazed 9.6
10-25-2023, 05:57 PM
should I generate a new donation number?

you could try that, yes.

And when entering the new number ensure that if it's a zero don't mistake it for a capital letter O
and another is the number one or the small letter l , don't mistake those.

This does sound like the username /password (the donation number) is messing things up in some manner.

capthook
10-25-2023, 06:27 PM
I switched the service to my 4900 and it did the same thing. changed the donation number and no change.

crazed 9.6
10-25-2023, 07:00 PM
Next step is I could check on that code.
Check your inbox for message

crazed 9.6
10-25-2023, 11:33 PM
Okay, tested the code.
I attached my BuzzTV 4900 MAC to the code you sent me and it's working.
I did not need to do a reset, I switched from your MAC to mine and it connected fine, with no onscreen error message.
*Double checked my findings and they are correct.

I did not add User Credentials onto the Server Settings (in the MAC portal).
Uncheck that User Credentials box . Leave that empty and then try connecting.

I have added your MAC back to the code.

capthook
10-26-2023, 11:39 PM
I finally got it working. Had to change the country in his service to all. Thank you for all the help.

crazed 9.6
10-27-2023, 12:19 AM
Cool Beans :)