PDA

View Full Version : Tivimate on Shield,,No VOD

swantzilla
10-13-2023, 01:50 AM
I have the Shield working almost 100% with Tivimate but I do not see a section for VOD. Is there another file/network location I am missing? TIA.

big mac
10-13-2023, 02:25 AM
I have the Shield working almost 100% with Tivimate but I do not see a section for VOD. Is there another file/network location I am missing? TIA.

Left arrow.
TV is default.Down arrow to Movies.

aCiDjEsUs
10-13-2023, 11:20 AM

Good morning,

Like Big Mac said, left arrow and you'll see the sections for the TV, one more press left and you'll have the sections for movies and TV shows. But you also might want to check if VOD is turned on in Settings - Playlist - Xtreme Codes Parameters and there you'll have a toggle button for TV Shows and VOD. You can also manage groups for TV Shows and VOD if you want only English speaking movies and TV shows there's an option for that if you want Spanish speaking movies and no English you can do that too.

There's a lot of customization in TiviMate.

aCiD

swantzilla
10-13-2023, 04:24 PM
Thank you for the info. I found it.

Yes the program has a lot of options. Is there a tutorial for Tivimate somewhere?

In the playlist type I see M3U playlist, Xtream codes and Stalker Portal. What is the difference?

Thank you.

aCiDjEsUs
10-13-2023, 05:26 PM
Thank you for the info. I found it.

Yes the program has a lot of options. Is there a tutorial for Tivimate somewhere?

In the playlist type I see M3U playlist, Xtream codes and Stalker Portal. What is the difference?

Thank you.

I don't think there's an official Tivimate tutorial, you might want to search around reddit, there's official subforum for tivimate. The closest think I ever found to a tutorial was this
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12p89Ds0K_cKvt0NlG99yEr04jQVIyg-BMCth8znJZQ4/edit

As for the difference between M3U list and Xtream Codes is "Xtreme Code API makes it much easier to recognise VOD and series compare to m3u which compares stream extension to differentiate them, also so many things can be done with API such as faster playlist update (no need to download whole m3u and compare it to current one) , better EPG support, and so on."

Just play around with it, make a backup first and play around. If you break something you can always use the backup to restore things.

Hope this helps a bit.

aCiD

big mac
10-13-2023, 06:01 PM
cool beans big mac :)
thnx

Kokaleka and Smarters are pretty much the same app except for what provider adds to it , I think, correct.

This should help.

https://www.ubuntupit.com/best-iptv-for-linux-ubuntu-system/

big mac
10-13-2023, 06:20 PM
yes, it prolly would if we were talking about iptv apps that work on linux, but this is a Kokelaka thread posted in the Kokaleka sub forum (Our official Apps)
Stay on track buddy :)

You don't need an emulator to run an android app on Linux.

https://www.fosslinux.com/92365/how-to-run-android-apps-in-linux-without-an-emulator.htm

aCiDjEsUs
10-13-2023, 09:15 PM
You don't need an emulator to run an android app on Linux.

https://www.fosslinux.com/92365/how-to-run-android-apps-in-linux-without-an-emulator.htm

Ahhh yes, I totally forgot about Waydroid. I tried Anbox couple years back, before Waydroid. It was kinda wonky back then so I went back to the emulator. Didn't try it since.

aCiD

aCiDjEsUs
10-13-2023, 09:17 PM
This should help.

https://www.ubuntupit.com/best-iptv-for-linux-ubuntu-system/

From that list I think VLC works best, no EPG though. I tried IPTV Smarters Pro on my phone, was ok. Still got it installed I think, just in case. :)

aCiD

crazed 9.6
10-13-2023, 09:30 PM
From that list I think VLC works best, no EPG though. I tried IPTV Smarters Pro on my phone, was ok. Still got it installed I think, just in case. :)

aCiD

Yea, VLC versions can be compatible for most Operating Systems, that's what I mostly like about VLC...What I mostly dis-like about VLC is no EPG :(

big mac
10-13-2023, 10:16 PM

aCiD

That's why I chose to use it on my PC because it works well on my phone.

aCiDjEsUs
10-13-2023, 11:09 PM
Yea, VLC versions can be compatible for most Operating Systems, that's what I mostly like about VLC...What I mostly dis-like about VLC is no EPG :(

That's right, I think VLC is one of the few programs that I always install after doing a fresh install of some sorts of OS. it runs everything you throw at it. And it comes with nice bag of codecs.
Actually I use it exclusively for my music and videos before I throw it on my server with Plex.

aCiD

aCiDjEsUs
10-13-2023, 11:11 PM
That's why I chose to use it on my PC because it works well on my phone.

Yes sir, like I told Crazed. I use it all the time for music or video, you can't beat good ol VLC. It plays everything on almost everything :)

aCiD

big mac
10-13-2023, 11:59 PM
Yes sir, like I told Crazed. I use it all the time for music or video, you can't beat good ol VLC. It plays everything on almost everything :)

aCiD

Sorry about that.I was referring to IPTV Smarters Pro.

realdeal
10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
I don't think there's an official Tivimate tutorial, you might want to search around reddit, Tivimate has several Telegram chats and official version releases in several languages. Great apk.