PDA

View Full Version : hdmi output stopped working

igloolad
03-01-2023, 02:41 PM
i have a buzztv xrs4900 and the hdmi has stopped working, i have tried this on to different tv's
with 2 different hdmi leads and same result, i have used the av port which works fine but
it is nowhere near the hdmi quality, anybody else had this problem etc, does anyone know
a place which can repair them, think it may be a dry joint on hdmi ?

Ryu
03-01-2023, 04:33 PM
How old your device? They come with 1 year warranty. Contact buzz if itÂ’s under warranty.

igloolad
03-02-2023, 10:17 AM
its older than a year, also bought it 2nd hand, was working fine till i started moving things around
at the back of tv, more just a word of warning that the hdmi isnt up to much, taking it to electrinics guy
for fix

Ryu
03-02-2023, 10:23 AM
best of luck :)

4me2c
03-02-2023, 01:40 PM
its older than a year, also bought it 2nd hand, was working fine till i started moving things around
at the back of tv, more just a word of warning that the hdmi isnt up to much, taking it to electrinics guy
for fix

When Moving those "Things around", it's always best to shut it Off completely and Restart after things have been moved around...! Hope That is what You did...!!?

big mac
03-02-2023, 03:04 PM
for fix

I've moved mine around to 4 different tv's.Don't blame the hardware for your user error.Over 2 years and no issues.

crazed 9.6
03-02-2023, 07:02 PM
I've moved mine around to 4 different tv's.Don't blame the hardware for your user error.Over 2 years and no issues.

not really user error, chit happens. Can we call it as that ?
Then HDMI cables do carry an electric current source so its always best to power down device before 'moving things around'

BUT...
Do I power down my own devices before 'moving stuff"?

I am guilty, and answer is Nope :eek:

Luckily never had an issue, except once with an old avov1 device. It had lost power all together, but was able to connect an avov2 via hdmi to the avov1 that would not power up and vola, the hdmi from the avov2 powered up the broken avov1 device :)
They classed the avov2 as a media center... It had 3 hdmi ports, with two of them as 'out' ports

igloolad
03-07-2023, 01:04 PM
all fixed, new hdmi, bent pin, -£40 though but worth it

Ryu
03-07-2023, 02:12 PM
all fixed, new hdmi, bent pin, -£40 though but worth it

I guess you mean hdmi port? because thats lots of many for hdmi cable lol