2:07
cache size to increase the length of
2:09
time shift
2:10
thanks for watching

12icer
05-03-2023, 02:00 AM
I have one question about the hard drives on these, I was looking at the higher capacity drives and they are all multi disk and are 2.5 x 15 mm,,

The common laptop type sata is 2.5 x 7mm so will the 15 mm fit these you can get a 15 mm in 6TB for about 150 dollars.

The 2TB 7mm goes for about 60 so you could have 3 and get the same capacity for a little more with the 7mm.

Samsung makes some large solid state capacity 7mms for about 200 to 300 dollars may get one later when I get all of it worked out.

Ryu
05-03-2023, 03:42 AM
You can not fit 15mm. I have one does not say what is the mm size but I looked in Google and it shows that drive I got is 15mm and I tried to insert and it does not attach. Even if you find that may attach but you won’t be able to close the cover. Hope this will help.
So I’m sure you can not but I maybe wrong since my drive does not says mm size and I’m bad with measurements lol 😂

big mac
05-03-2023, 04:55 AM
Get SSD not SATA.

12icer
05-03-2023, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info It is good to have a place to come and get the sticky on these things,, !!!

You Rock!!! IPTVTalk rocks the TV world!!!!

12icer
05-03-2023, 11:39 AM
I got this one WD Blue WD20SPZX 2TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Notebook Hard Drive.

Be here tomorrow more when I get it and try it out.

big mac
05-03-2023, 06:02 PM
I got this one WD Blue WD20SPZX 2TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Notebook Hard Drive.

Be here tomorrow more when I get it and try it out.
Keep it in a ventilated area and if possible use a fan.

Marley
05-04-2023, 01:53 AM
ssd piece of cake can do it in min

12icer
05-04-2023, 01:58 AM
Thanks

I always put them up on 1" x 1/2 strips of oak corner finish I never have had one get hot, But I may have some aluminum tubing strips with the foam since the cover is solid.

I checked the ssds and found some 4TBs that looked good for about 180 to 250 If this WD Blue doesn't do the job I am gonna try them they have a really good transfer rate.

Marley
05-04-2023, 05:45 AM
thats why i use them only way to go

Marley
05-04-2023, 06:00 AM
really so much faster to use

12icer
05-05-2023, 12:56 AM
Thanx,

Probably get one next month, CC bill flips the 14th and it is already a whopper HEHEHEH.

Trying to find a large cap ssd reasonable Samsung has a really good one 8TB I think but it is almost 300.

I want something I can use in every TV room and not have 3000 in TV.

I may just do one like that and do smaller matching ones on the rest.

Too many options, but thats a really good thing.

big mac
05-05-2023, 03:07 AM
Thanx,

Probably get one next month, CC bill flips the 14th and it is already a whopper HEHEHEH.

Trying to find a large cap ssd reasonable Samsung has a really good one 8TB I think but it is almost 300.

I want something I can use in every TV room and not have 3000 in TV.

I may just do one like that and do smaller matching ones on the rest.

Too many options, but thats a really good thing.

I've never seen one person say they had success using an 8TB drive.You might want to email CS @ Buzz TV to find out max size.
I've only read Buzz TV saying 3TB.
A guy on FB used a 6TB but had to partition it first for it to work.

suport
05-05-2023, 03:23 PM
greetings
One question and why do you need 8TB of space?
I ask you since Buzz has his little integrated apk for what iptv is.
I understand that to use that amount of space is that you want to download and install the entire playstore on that box.
And if you do that, you don't need an 8TB disk for all your Buzz, since with that amount of space you can convert 1 Buzz into a server, only for media, not for iptv and even the cheapest box sees what's in that one,
(not for iptv) since the services offered in the forum will not let you do it

big mac
05-05-2023, 05:47 PM
greetings
One question and why do you need 8TB of space?
I ask you since Buzz has his little integrated apk for what iptv is.
I understand that to use that amount of space is that you want to download and install the entire playstore on that box.
And if you do that, you don't need an 8TB disk for all your Buzz, since with that amount of space you can convert 1 Buzz into a server, only for media, not for iptv and even the cheapest box sees what's in that one,
(not for iptv) since the services offered in the forum will not let you do it

I notice you didn't mention recording or downloading.
Why is that?

12icer
05-05-2023, 07:07 PM
Yes, to transfer movies from older Usb hard drives to the box and have the movies in the box instead of on an older usb disk type expansion drive, this is another reason for using the ssd as the disk type drive is subject to a lot of mechanical risk the older it is and more it is used. I have some really old movies on a couple of them and you can hear the disk running across the room.

Hard drives are more protected and more reliable than flash drives and chips so that IS the main reason for the large capacity.

suport
05-06-2023, 12:40 AM
greetings
The ssd is very good I understand they already have a usb version but the prices are not very low.
If you are creating a media library, consider your equipment as a router with usb capability and ready to share. there is another option because with a free apk you can get even the metadata of that movie and all your devices including apple can see the content.
In the same way that if you use an internal ssd in the buzztv, the only difference is that you can use pvr since the ssd is internal and you don't use the buzztv one.
Now if your media library will not contain much true 4k the internal ssd is fine, but if you plan to use true 4k remember that any movie is in 50gb and the largest I have had is 92gb 1 single movie
Here it is a matter of what you want and can do

12icer
05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Thanks, I don't really have plans to share from TV to TV yet, But that is an option I may open in the future.

Buzz has a really great thing here, you can do anything you want with it with the right apps and a good service you can even use a good playlist to get most of the TV you can possibly ever want.

I can find Nothing like the subs here for close to the price though.

ROCK ON!!!

The one thing I noticed is that you must set up your server and have content on the Live TV app to set up the PVR and download storage options so it is a step to add in the setup.

If you get it right out of the box and just try to set up those options after you install the HD the menu does not list them, as soon as you have even one channel on there it will load all of the options on the menu.

If you have a local news station link that will do it.

I am going to see pappy right now.

big mac
05-07-2023, 08:55 PM
Of course.Why would you get all the options if you haven't set up a server for Live TV?

12icer
05-08-2023, 09:00 PM
A lot of setups are not program specific, they can be set for all programs by making a resident program in the hardware.

There are options for download apps if you wish to be able to download from any site, but it can be problematic when you use them with if you have a primary program that does it all.

Best to check all of the documentation and the used utility programs before you load a lot of stuff that may interact in a negative way.

12icer
05-18-2023, 04:41 PM
As information I have been checking the temps on the WD hard drive and they are out of the range for my taste, I removed it because of it reaching about 140f and Will not suggest anyone use anything but a solid state drive in the BUZZ U5 I know Hard drives run pretty WARM, but when they are getting hot enough to be hard to handle that is too hot.

It could be this drive is defective in some way, but there would be no need to try to convince me, I know there will be no problem with the solid state.

As Big Mac posted above unless you have a way to cool the HD solid state is the ticket even if you have to pay a little more. I am going with a 4tb and it is not too much for the convenience and will store a thousand regular PD, HD movies.

Thanks Big Mac and staff at the best IPTV forum on the net.

big mac
05-18-2023, 11:02 PM
As information I have been checking the temps on the WD hard drive and they are out of the range for my taste, I removed it because of it reaching about 140f and Will not suggest anyone use anything but a solid state drive in the BUZZ U5 I know Hard drives run pretty WARM, but when they are getting hot enough to be hard to handle that is too hot.

It could be this drive is defective in some way, but there would be no need to try to convince me, I know there will be no problem with the solid state.

As Big Mac posted above unless you have a way to cool the HD solid state is the ticket even if you have to pay a little more. I am going with a 4tb and it is not too much for the convenience and will store a thousand regular PD, HD movies.

Thanks Big Mac and staff at the best IPTV forum on the net.

You're welcome.