PDA

View Full Version : Build Number Won't Update

handwarmer
06-20-2015, 09:08 PM
This is the AVOV 1. It says build number 1.0.9.
I read in the files section that I could just do a factory data reset and it would update to 1.0.11 automatically.
I have done that about 15 times.
I've turned it off using the remote and re-booted the same number of times.
I have unplugged the unit the same amount of times.

I have loaded the 2nd file from the files section [DID NOT UNZIP} ..
I connected to the internet - -says "excellent", and set the date and time ..

However, I go to local media, insert the USB and I get a little blue looking USB sign that says: USB [under it says: usb[a:]
When I click on it, that sign changes to Purple with an "arrow/loop" looking thing, and next to it is a little folder looking thing - under it it says : udisk0

I click on it and it moves back to the little purple box, and the "udisk0" says "LOST DIR" ..

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON -- AS AGAIN, I'VE DONE ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED STEPS NUMEROUS TIMES .. I've loaded the zip file to 3 different thumb drives ..?
Confused ? as the other AVOV 1 I set up -- I had to change the build date also - -and it went without a hitch.
Help Please if you can ..
Thanks !:confused:

Marley
06-20-2015, 09:55 PM
format the stick to fat32

handwarmer
06-20-2015, 11:08 PM
format the stick to fat32
Yikes .. I do I do that ? Sounds stupid I know, but -- I have no idea what that is ..
Also, I have another Avov 1 up and working -- now the one I'm having issues with says the Local IP address ends in 148.
The Avov Im working on ends in 108 ?
Should they be the same, or, would each device have a diff local IP address, because my SonicView 360 ends in 107 ?
Thanks !!

crazed 9.6
06-20-2015, 11:13 PM
with that USB stick inserted into your computer, open the PC's Computer Icon and right click on the USB drive
You should see the option to format there.

That will erase any content on that stick so first save it elsewhere if you need to.

handwarmer
06-20-2015, 11:57 PM
thanks ! Will give it a try -- much appreciated..

handwarmer
06-21-2015, 06:39 PM
thanks ! Will give it a try -- much appreciated..
well, I tried that and still no go - -then I thought humm ..maybe I need to use firefox !!!
and yup -- was able to load the file --
thanks again for all the help.