PDA

View Full Version : Windows 11

dara
06-27-2021, 10:46 PM
News on Thursday... Windows 11 introduced.

https://www.techdriod.com/windows-11-improvements-features-over-windows-10/

Mixed feelings on this... better performance and some UI changes... but they are leaving behind older processors and motherboards, requiring Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM 2.0) and a HD (720p) display. My newer laptop is compatible, my workhorse desktop with a i5 4440 4th gen chip is not. Machines over 4 yrs old will probably not be compatible.

06-28-2021, 09:07 PM
News on Thursday... Windows 11 introduced.

https://www.techdriod.com/windows-11-improvements-features-over-windows-10/

Mixed feelings on this... better performance and some UI changes... but they are leaving behind older processors and motherboards, requiring Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM 2.0) and a HD (720p) display. My newer laptop is compatible, my workhorse desktop with a i5 4440 4th gen chip is not. Machines over 4 yrs old will probably not be compatible.

Thank you for the information.

I hope that they do not do an automatic update like they do with their weekly updates. My old computers apparently will not run then at all.

Ryu
06-28-2021, 09:20 PM
Thank you for the information.

I hope that they do not do an automatic update like they do with their weekly updates. My old computers apparently will not run then at all.
you can turn off atomic update by going into regedit. its very easy by following youtube videos. I had same issue before even I had updates off it would still update. then I ended up force disable.

dara
06-29-2021, 07:18 PM
I doubt they will do an auto update for Windows 11, but do pay attention when they start rolling it out over the next few months. I do think MSFT would rather people to buy a new computer than shoe horn this into old computers. If you initially installed Windows 7 or earlier on your machine (or it came with it)... you have an "old" computer.

06-29-2021, 10:59 PM
you can turn off atomic update by going into regedit. its very easy by following youtube videos. I had same issue before even I had updates off it would still update. then I ended up force disable.

Thank you, great information. So far I haven't been able to find the correct u-tube video yet. But I will keep looking.

06-29-2021, 11:01 PM
I doubt they will do an auto update for Windows 11, but do pay attention when they start rolling it out over the next few months. I do think MSFT would rather people to buy a new computer than shoe horn this into old computers. If you initially installed Windows 7 or earlier on your machine (or it came with it)... you have an "old" computer.

"If you initially installed Windows 7 or earlier on your machine (or it came with it)... you have an "old" computer." LOL for sure

Ryu
06-29-2021, 11:56 PM
what version of windows do you have? right click on my computer or this pc and go to properties then tell us what version it says then I get you some videos. :)

06-30-2021, 01:35 PM
what version of windows do you have? right click on my computer or this pc and go to properties then tell us what version it says then I get you some videos. :)

Thanks "Window 10"

Ryu
06-30-2021, 02:12 PM
Windows 10 have different versions.
Windows 10 pro? Home? What does it says?

06-30-2021, 10:58 PM
Windows 10 Home. Sorry for not noting that.

Ryu
06-30-2021, 11:44 PM
Windows 10 Home edition gives you little control of Windows Update but try this
Run either Windows PowerShell or Command Prompt as administrator. you can find them from start menu and right click on one of them and run as a administrator.
In PowerShell or Command Prompt type the following command sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled then press Enter
success message should displayed. now just close the window.

you can confirm that Windows Update is disabled by visiting the Updates section of the settings app and clicking on Check for updates. It should fail.

I hope this will work. do it on your own risk. :)