PDA

View Full Version : Really impressed with BuzzTv XRS 4900

Ryu
05-07-2021, 10:58 AM
im really impressed with Buzztv XRS 4900.
speed of this box confused me so manny times. every time I change channel and picture just pops up before I even press channels up or down and I felt like It was never changed. after paying a close attention I noticed it changes so fast. :)
picture quality is just absolutely amazing. super super clear picture with beautiful info bar and everything is in detailed.
PVR works just amazing and plays nice and smooth.
very nice remote control and works just fine with bluetooth and IR mode.
Last couple of days I am testing almost over 30 servers in trial mode and I found zero issues with this box. no matter what server I launch it instantly connects and download guide/channel line up with all the info.
no connectivity issues or heating problem at all. very easy to install hard drive without using tools if needs addition storage.

believe me this will be your box forever and get it before they go out of stock. trust me you will be impressed with BuzzTV XRS4900 and you will say this to your family and friends that Ryu is right. :)

if you have any question feel free to post here. :)

05-07-2021, 10:20 PM
im really impressed with Buzztv XRS 4900.
speed of this box confused me so manny times. every time I change channel and picture just pops up before I even press channels up or down and I felt like It was never changed. after paying a close attention I noticed it changes so fast. :)
picture quality is just absolutely amazing. super super clear picture with beautiful info bar and everything is in detailed.
PVR works just amazing and plays nice and smooth.
very nice remote control and works just fine with bluetooth and IR mode.
Last couple of days I am testing almost over 30 servers in trial mode and I found zero issues with this box. no matter what server I launch it instantly connects and download guide/channel line up with all the info.
no connectivity issues or heating problem at all. very easy to install hard drive without using tools if needs addition storage.

believe me this will be your box forever and get it before they go out of stock. trust me you will be impressed with BuzzTV XRS4900 and you will say this to your family and friends that Ryu is right. :)

if you have any question feel free to post here. :)

Will it stop the spinning wheel of death and freezing channels?

Ryu
05-07-2021, 11:53 PM
Spinning wheel and freezing depend on many things. Let’s break it down bit easy.
Let’s say if there’s no issue on server end and on your ISP side then definitely you won’t see that issue at all. Because this box gets response so quick from server as I said it beats my eyes lol. If you have decent or low end box then you will see that spinning and freezing issue for sure no matter how good server and ISP is. Does it make sense?

Now let’s says there’s issue on server end but your box and ISP is good. Then, you will see a lot less freezing or spinning because this box communicate/fetch much faster than decent or lower end box. Does it make sense?

Now let’s say server and box is good but your ISP has issues. Then, no matter what what kind of box you get you will see that spinning and freezing issues. Now people don’t understand that there’s so many issues on ISP side which you don’t really see in general when surfing internet but do notice a lot of issues when consistently sending and receiving data. Does it make sense?

Hope this will help and do an experiment your self by keeping two boxes side by side. :)

Keyboard
05-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Great review Ryu and 100% agreed.
KB

iptv
05-08-2021, 02:32 PM
Thanks Ryu, that will be my next box once my Buzz 4500 dies, these are well built boxes

Ryu
05-08-2021, 02:35 PM
Thanks Ryu, that will be my next box once my Buzz 4500 dies, these are well built boxes

absolutely no doubt about that at all. :)

05-08-2021, 11:19 PM
Spinning wheel and freezing depend on many things. Let’s break it down bit easy.
Let’s say if there’s no issue on server end and on your ISP side then definitely you won’t see that issue at all. Because this box gets response so quick from server as I said it beats my eyes lol. If you have decent or low end box then you will see that spinning and freezing issue for sure no matter how good server and ISP is. Does it make sense?

Now let’s says there’s issue on server end but your box and ISP is good. Then, you will see a lot less freezing or spinning because this box communicate/fetch much faster than decent or lower end box. Does it make sense?

Now let’s say server and box is good but your ISP has issues. Then, no matter what what kind of box you get you will see that spinning and freezing issues. Now people don’t understand that there’s so many issues on ISP side which you don’t really see in general when surfing internet but do notice a lot of issues when consistently sending and receiving data. Does it make sense?

Hope this will help and do an experiment your self by keeping two boxes side by side. :)

Great explanation, very much appreciated, So upgrading to this box is a great idea from all sides. I just need a market for my old boxes, even the IKS ones.

Thanks

4me2c
05-08-2021, 11:21 PM
Great explanation, very much appreciated, So upgrading to this box is a great idea from all sides. I just need a market for my old boxes, even the IKS ones.

Thanks

"Doorstops R Us"...!!!

Ryu
05-09-2021, 01:01 AM

Thanks

absolutely you won't regret upgrading to this box for next few years. I am testing stream pro and xrs 4900 and believe me stream pro takes around 8 seconds just to launch app before even attempt to connect with server, then download info where xrs 4900 is already takes me to live tv within 8 seconds with all the info available to me. :)

05-09-2021, 05:32 PM
"Doorstops R Us"...!!!

LOL but yet so true. It is the price for testing!

Marley
05-11-2021, 02:39 PM
the wheel of death come in just at right time when watch something

05-11-2021, 07:41 PM
the wheel of death come in just at right time when watch something

That's just the way things work!!! Think it is COVID related?

nob0dy
05-13-2021, 11:11 PM
@Ryu , does it have anything related to the buzz xpl 3000 interface and or theme or in general at all .... i was reading it had some skin/theme or setup .. does it ?

Ryu
05-14-2021, 12:00 AM
@Ryu , does it have anything related to the buzz xpl 3000 interface and or theme or in general at all .... i was reading it had some skin/theme or setup .. does it ?

yes, it has total 4 themes.
classic theme is related to 3000 series.
media player 2 is related to stream pro
media player is I believe related to generic android boxes.
and then modern for 4900 itself.

nob0dy
05-14-2021, 03:09 AM
yes, it has total 4 themes.
classic theme is related to 3000 series.
media player 2 is related to stream pro
media player is I believe related to generic android boxes.
and then modern for 4900 itself.

thanks ;D

i guess everyone loves that xpl 3000 theme

Ryu
05-14-2021, 11:51 AM
thanks ;D

i guess everyone loves that xpl 3000 theme

For me they all beautiful because they are very well designed. :)
Great work from buzz :)

Marley
05-15-2021, 06:41 PM
Truly i cant say enough about this box how fast and great picture it has and can play all my hd movie on it big plus 4k with dolby almost now

NBS
05-16-2021, 12:50 AM
c and p from buzz

Just to update everyone for next update.

Were currently working on being able to wake up box to record from shutdown/full power off and standby
We currently have wakeup from shutdown/full power off working, just finishing up from Standby

We also just finished adding
- Create Manual Scheduled Recordings from schedule menu
- Record Multiple Days, like Every Tuesday or Every Day or Every Thurs and Saturday etc.
- Playback a recording from recordings menu while its still being recorded (This only works on servers that offer 2+ connections)

We plan to release this on our next update
Along with the New VOD + TV Show menus and added features there.

crazed 9.6
05-16-2021, 03:21 AM
c and p from buzz

Just to update everyone for next update.

Along with the New VOD + TV Show menus and added features there.

I don't know about everything else but I got a glimpse on the menus and added features with the VODs/TVSeries :)
Fantastic is all I can say.
Well I can say more and you all prolly know that I do say alot...lol
shhhhhhh.....

thnx NBS

Ryu
11-13-2021, 09:35 PM
my buzztv xrs 4900 keeping me busy. highly recommended box especially if you are traveling. connects to hotel wifi quick and easy. :)

NBS
11-13-2021, 11:47 PM
my buzztv xrs 4900 keeping me busy. highly recommended box especially if you are traveling. connects to hotel wifi quick and easy. :)
And for those hotels that have restricted wifi teherering to phone is easy

Ryu
11-14-2021, 12:08 AM
absolutely correct NBS :)