PDA

View Full Version : Best WiFi Router

tuan170
03-23-2021, 08:20 PM
Have Any One know the best wifi router in the market ?

crazed 9.6
03-23-2021, 09:55 PM
PCMag has a great article about that.
Check the complete article to reveal some of the fine points.

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-wireless-routers
and

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/10-ways-to-boost-your-wi-fi-signal

Some of this also has to do with the devices that are looking for a wifi signal.
Some devices will have dead spots or weal spots in their circumference that they cover. This would be when placement becomes important

tuan170
03-23-2021, 10:59 PM
Thanks Crazed 9.6

redbaron
03-23-2021, 11:37 PM
Have Any One know the best wifi router in the market ?

Check out the new AX type routers as the WiFi seems to work very well.

crazed 9.6
03-23-2021, 11:57 PM
cool tuan170 :cool:

Check out the new AX type routers as the WiFi seems to work very well.

thumbs up redbaron
Thnx for the input here :)

redbaron
03-24-2021, 11:25 PM
There are some coming that will do a Gig over WiFi

Marley
03-26-2021, 03:12 PM
need router out there that will do 4000 square ft and go through 5 bedrooms and is fiber thanks to anyone with new info and got to be gig or more will post 4 do that ? I run a heck of lot stuff and many 4k tvs funny half the reviews i read is what speed or gives out and thats for some of best oh and cant use booster have that for solar panel to work with

zaang83
03-26-2021, 09:09 PM
Wireless vs. hardwired? I prefer hardwired! But..............need to strategically run network cables and switches. Being old school & old, I don't even run banking apks on my phone............a PIA but so far it works for me.

Marley
03-27-2021, 01:55 AM
i run both im hardwire and family is all wifi next house i get built will have hardwire in each room but thats in three yrs

floder2
03-28-2021, 05:51 PM
I use and recommend (TP-Link AV600) Powerline Ethernet Adapter .(there of course are many brands and models)....better then WiFi and no need to run ethernet cable all through the house......each kit comes with two adapters ...one hooked up to your router and another hooked to your device .......sends internet transmission via your electrical wiring through your home.....speed is very close to hardwired.......

zaang83
03-28-2021, 06:42 PM
I use and recommend (TP-Link AV600) Powerline Ethernet Adapter .(there of course are many brands and models)....better then WiFi and no need to run ethernet cable all through the house......each kit comes with two adapters ...one hooked up to your router and another hooked to your device .......sends internet transmission via your electrical wiring through your home.....speed is very close to hardwired.......

Just be careful what type of lighting (bulbs) is/are on the same circuit/wiring that the Powerline is connected to. I am not sure about newer LEDs (never tried it with LEDs) but I did with the very expensive fluorescent low energy bulbs that preceded the LEDs, many of those could interfere with the Powerline Adapters. Now, at least, technology has gotten better for the most part ;).

Marley
03-29-2021, 02:47 AM
like i said cant use thats for solar but your right one of best ways do it

Deadwood
03-31-2021, 11:32 PM
I usually just do some searches like Routers 2021 which should provide some links to the latest routers put out by the various manufacturers although many of the foreign routers may not be listed or unavailable due to trade issues, Huawei for example.
If stuck, read Amazon reviews, tech reviews and latest Wifi streaming routers.

worlok15
11-01-2023, 03:44 PM
ASUS RT-AXE7800 Tri-band WiFi 6E Extendable Router, 6GHz Band, 2.5G Port, Subscription-free Network Security, Instant Guard, Advanced Parental Control, Built-in VPN, AiMesh Compatible, Smart Home, SMB

Deadwood
04-09-2024, 06:52 AM
I have some of those options on my older Asus 5300 and I do use the 2.5, 5.1 and mostly 5.2 mhz bands which work well in the wide areas. I don't bother with the VPN, advanced parent control or the Aimesh but I do regular firmware updates from Merlin. Its hard to sift through all the online jargon regarding features, vs range as I get put off with some of the modems which I try and keep updating from time to time. I really think some of these routers are really good while others have plenty of bells and whistles but provide little value for the money. Its good to know Asus is still making good products with improved and better options.

zaang83
04-11-2024, 03:25 PM
These babies are running 2.5 GB wireless now. Still a bit pricey for the interim however!

worlok15
04-11-2024, 04:30 PM
You'll Get Good Prices On Ebay. Especially If You Choose Best Offer. Got Mine For $150 Brand New Factory Sealed And Original Retail Packaged