PDA

View Full Version : Running Apps ?

bigivn
01-11-2021, 11:46 AM
How can one tell which apps are running in the background? Can you selectively turn them off and how? Cheers

crazed 9.6
01-11-2021, 02:27 PM
I thought there was a way to show all running apps in a small window or a scroll type order on Home/Launcher screen.
But seems I can not find that again, maybe I was mistaken :(

You can use the Settings menu too.
Settings > Apps > Recently Opened Apps
Click on any app in that menu to bring up functions (Open, Force Stop, Clear Cache and etc).

To close all applications at once, press the Home button 3 or 4 times.

bigivn
01-11-2021, 04:10 PM
Thanks I seen that but at least to me its not clear which are actually running in the background or are ALL the recently Opened apps running? Cheers

Ryu
01-11-2021, 04:47 PM
Sure you can. turn on mouse courser and try to drag mouse from top to bottom then you will see some button will pop up in the bottom. Then click third button from the right next to camera icon which looks like stop button. You will see all running apps/screen. Just close whatever you like from there. :)

crazed 9.6
01-11-2021, 04:58 PM
Thanks I seen that but at least to me its not clear which are actually running in the background or are ALL the recently Opened apps running? Cheers

Yea, I am seeing the same as you.
You can not tell which are currently open or closed thru that function.
Some recently opened apps may have been closed but still listed in the 'Recently Opened' category.

I checked your File Manager + you had mentioned the other day, but it did not help. I did not expect it to thou, since we are dealing with apps and not files.

Seems to me that ES Explorer had some functions that dealt with apps... BUT that ES Explorer became messed up with adds and rubbish once it was sold umpteen dozen times
FX Explorer is similar to ES Explorer was but without all the rubbish.
You could check that if it has app editing abilities.
Kinda of a confluent way around things thou :)

lol, sorry about that last bit there.. I could not help myself :eek:
All in god fun my friend :)

crazed 9.6
01-11-2021, 04:59 PM
Sure you can. turn on mouse courser and try to drag mouse from top to bottom then you will see some button will pop up in the bottom. Then click third button from the right next to camera icon which looks like stop button. You will see all running apps/screen. Just close whatever you like from there. :)

look at that !!
Thnx Ryu :)

crazed 9.6
01-11-2021, 05:02 PM
You can access that Navigation Bar thru Utilities menu as well, then the Bar stays on-screen for you.

I knew I had seen how to do this before, but darn if I could remember how :eek:
thnx again Ryu :)

Ryu
01-11-2021, 05:03 PM
look at that !!
Thnx Ryu :)

I knew Boss will love it :)
and you were not mistaken at all, its just you help too much and its slips through your mind temporarily thats where Ryu jumps in :)

Ryu
01-11-2021, 05:03 PM
You can access that Navigation Bar thru Utilities menu as well, then the Bar stays on-screen for you.

yes thats what you call it navigation bar. sorry for my poor English :)
no worries Boss. its my pleasure and you know that Ryu loves it :)

Ryu
01-11-2021, 05:13 PM
maybe we need a stick thread for this.:)

How to manually close running apps on Buzz 4000 series.

drag mouse course from top to bottom until you see a navigation bar. you can also access navigation bar from utilities menu as well.
In navigation bar click on third icon from the right next to camera which looks like stop button. all running apps will popup.
just close whatever app you want to close.

crazed 9.6
01-11-2021, 05:29 PM
Some things to note...

Settings > Apps > Recently Opened
The Forced Stop option is shown there if the app is currently open in the background.

Use the function on the Navagation Bar and close all the apps that it shows there.
Then reopen the Recently Opened apps function and the 'Force Stop' option is gone from all them apps.

So open an app (I opened Total Commander app), then close or exit that app , not with the RCU exit button but find how to close the app from the apps menus.
Then reopen the Recently Opened apps and the Force Stop is showing there on the Commander app.... so that is telling me that the app never closed , so I use the Force Stop and then open the Navigation Bar function and there is the Total Commander showing still as open.

Another thing too is if i use the Home button 3 or 4 times then I get a message that says it closed 3 apps... but according to which apps have the Force Stop option showing in Recently Opened or show in the Navigation Bar setting and they show 5 or 6 or 7 apps, while in reality only 3 were open.

SNAFU

i do not think these functions are working 100% correctly as far as showing which are actually currently opened.
Its a kurfluffohhh :eek:

So in conclusion, if you follow my 'testing',... I do not think either of these methods are telling us if indeed an app is actually closed or open.
Either will definitely close an app or all apps, but to positively know for sure if an app is open is not, it is not possible thru either of these methods or combined the two either.

bigivn
01-12-2021, 01:28 PM
As a follow up question, do open Apps take up the boxes resources or otherwise slow it down if many stay open? Cheers