PDA

View Full Version : Bitcoin hits all-time high of $28.4K and rising !

crazed 9.6
12-27-2020, 03:52 PM
December 26/2020 the price of one bitcoin (BTC) passed $26,000, surpassing the previous $25,000 mark which was reached less than 24 hours earlier.

BTC broke $25,000 Friday night for the first time, and then went on to set a new all-time high of $26,368.16 Saturday afternoon, before settling back to $26,246.72, up 7.39% on the day.
Year-to-date BTC is up more than 250%

Sunday morning, Bitcoin price crashes by 6.5% in minutes after hitting $28.4K Sell Wall.
Bitcoin hit all-time highs of $28,400 before crashing by thousands of dollars.

Since overcoming $24,000 resistance (late last week), Bitcoin has traded in uncharted territory in what looks to be an increasingly parabolic market.

Data shows that a formidable Sell Wall at $30,000 will likely be the next major hurdle for the BTC bulls.

end c/p's

I found this next site a good source for info for Beginners to the Novice .

https://cointelegraph.com/bitcoin-for-beginners

crazed 9.6
01-02-2021, 02:57 PM
January 2/2021
Bitcoin hits $31K for first time, an hour after tearing through $30K

Once the price of bitcoin crossed the $30,000 mark, something it had struggled to do for the last couple of days, it took off as if all resistance had been removed, hitting a new all-time high of $31,509.08, before falling back to $31,079.99, up 5.44% in the last 24 hours.
The performance comes after a year in which the cryptocurrency rose more than 300% in 2020, with an almost 50% gain just in December, sort of like a boulder gaining speed downhill, only in the opposite direction.

Custers of crypto wallet addresses held by a single network participant holding at least 1,000 bitcoin are known as Whale Entities – the number of those rose to a new record high of 1,994 this past Wednesday.
“The final land grab has started, and by this time next year, accumulating >1,000 Bitcoin will be nearly impossible for most people”

Kevin Reynolds
end c/p

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-hits-30k-for-1st-time-ever

crazed 9.6
01-07-2021, 05:24 PM
January 7/2021

Since bitcoin hit a high of $30K USD less then 5 days ago, it is now today about to hit the $40K mark.
Bitcoin hit a high of $34K on Jan 3/2021 but then it dropped and did stay down around $30K until Jan 5th when it started to rise and continued and is at this minute sitting just a few hundred dollars under the $40K mark

I read one annalist state that Bitcoin may reach the one million dollar mark in less then 20 years.
I also heard that 'crazy' millionaire John McAfee, offer that bitcoin would reach that mark by the end of 2020. But that has proved to be incorrect.
McAfee is kinda a nut, a smart man but kinda a nut all the same :)

crazed 9.6
01-11-2021, 06:28 PM
We saw Bitcoin highs in the last month or two, and now we are seeing some lows in bitcoin value.
So here it is...

In the last few days Bitcoin has dropped in value at a consistent rate.
It went from a high of almost 43K per bitcoin, down to almost 29K per bitcoin.

There are far too many many reasons why this can happen. Some say its even partly to do with the Stimulus delays, while some seem to think its about the big farms (mining farms) and how they can manipulate the market by selling off bitcoin which decreases it's value.

But the best explanation I heard I have c/p below...

'The bitcoin price cannot rise for a long time without correction and fall. This is the law of the market, the reflection of supply and demand in its price. Bitcoin grew in price, many began to sell it in order to fix profits. Some needed money, while others are selling knowing that after some time it will still fall in price in order to buy it at a low price. So there is nothing surprising in the current fall in bitcoin. The surprise was caused by the long rise in the price of bitcoin without a rate correction'

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5308611.0

realdeal
01-13-2021, 01:02 PM
I was reading 20% of all wallets are lost. People have lost millions by up dating software etc. Like space junk floating around and cant be retrieved.

crazed 9.6
01-13-2021, 05:57 PM
I was reading 20% of all wallets are lost. People have lost millions by up dating software etc. Like space junk floating around and cant be retrieved.

yea, this is due to lost passwords and phrases. If you still have the phrase then password can be recovered.

Check the techs on what they say about this...
'How to recover bitcoins from lost or corrupted wallet.dat'

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5308461.0

There are some that have not or care not to back up their wallets or record and save their passwords in a save place.
I have heard that people may save the password on a hard drive or their laptop and then at a future time they reformat that drive or Laptop and that deletes the saved password forever.
Or as you mention, an Android phone gets an auto updated which for some reason deletes the wallet.
There would be other scenarios that are similar I suppose.

With these Wallets, you have a password and also have a phrase that you should have saved. That phrase will restore your wallet onto any platform.
There are also the chances that an online Exchange may close its doors and go into hiding. This has happened and those people that had bitcoin stored on their exchanges would loose all that. But that is when a person converts bitcoin into an account similar to a savings account. They do this to receive annual interest. This coin would no longer act the same as your bitcoin in your wallet, in the sense that it is not active coin which fluctuates with the market. The value of the bitcoin when it was deposited would always be be that same value (plus interest)...meaning that would not change with market fluctuations.
If the Exchange drops off from site and forever gone, then so are your savings. But not your wallet, as long as you saved that phrase and your password and Wallet ID, then you can always access your wallet no matter even if the Exchange jumped ship.

Crypto currency was not meant as a savings type platform, but does have the options for that when using an Exchange.

I know it sounds old fashion, but a writing tool like a pen or pencil and a piece of paper is needed to securely save your Wallet info..
These people that invest 100s or 1000s or dollars and do not save and protect their passwords are ummm, well they are just silly.

I have heard that some wallets will give you 10 tries to get your password correct. If after 10 tries and no success, then the wallet would be permanently lost.
If I had any amount of money in my online Wallet (which I do), I would not be relying on anything to keep my wallet save except a hardcopy of my info, saved in secure place and with my next of kin notified of this, in case of my death :eek:

There is a possibility of hackers too that may get into your stuff and hack your wallet and you loose. This my be somewhat rare and getting more rare all the time, as these exchanges are reputable and secure, but it can happen.
There are also off-line Wallets that can be had too, then that gives you 100 % security, as long as you back them up too and keep in secure place.
And again for those investing huge or even us people with not so high of investments, this off-line wallet would be a good option to have.

The moral of all this.... Keep your passwords and other important info secure and safe and backed up... easy peasy :)

Bitcoin's or Cryptocurrencies main goal is to be a currency to be used in daily transactions around the world.
It's high points is that it can not be controlled or manipulated by governments or banks. And the coin itself can not be hacked due to how these Blockchains work. Of course an insecure wallet or an Exchange could be hacked, but when engaged in bitcoin transactions the coin itself can not be hacked during this process.

If you got in at bottom level back in late 2009 and bought some bitcoin and left it 'ride', then you probably made some big dollars considering that in 2009 one bitcoin could be bought for fractions of a cent and now as we see this week that same one bitcoin is worth any where from $29,000 to $42,000 -- :eek:

Selling or trading bitcoin does not always get you the full value as seen/posted at these on-line coin Exchanges.
It's a market :eek:

A Canadian based website is LocalBitcoins(dot)com , that allows selling bitcoin to reputable buyers.

Using bitcoin in transactions thou, does give you full value.
And playing it right, you could in theory purchase products and walk away with remaining bitcoin, depending on how the Market is.
In otherwords, if you bought $150 USD bitcoin yesterday, which gave you say 0.00503497 BTC
And you wanted to buy a product from an online store which costs $150 USD and they accepted bitcoin of same value.
But you waited one full day and the next day, that same bitcoin of 0.00503497 BTC is now worth $180 USD
So with that $150 you put towards bitcoin, you were able to purchase the product for the full price with yur bitcoin wallet and still have the earned $30 of bitcoin in your wallet (depending on current value).

Of course this could also work the other way and you'd loose money.... thems are the risks :)
Does not look like bitcoin is going away thou and even with its crashes (which aren't really crashes at all, but fluctuations), bitcoin is and and has been consistently rising in value.

Disclaimer

Do much more research in all this before or if for first time you invest any amount of dollars in this.
I am not an analyst, do not trust my word nor anything I may seem to be excited about.

There is alot to learn.
For instance... halving every 4 years or rate corrections or Bull Markets or Whale Entities and taxes due can be examples of things that you would not ever know about until you look into things. And its important things :)

crazed 9.6
01-13-2021, 10:45 PM
Occasional price drops are unlikely to scare away the whales.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/54c96342e4b0f1b8a5c7a37c/1548276113100-WEDT4NIUIJ94Y0285ROM/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kPoswlzjSVMM-SxOp7CV59BZw-zPPgdn4jUwVcJE1ZvWQUxwkmyExglNqGp0IvTJZamWLI2zvYWH 8K3-s_4yszcp2ryTI0HqTOaaUohrI8PIeQMKeWYgwh6Mn73n2eZmZL HHpcPIxgL2SArp_rN2M_AKMshLAGzx4R3EDFOm1kBS/breaching-humpback-whale-tofino.jpg

Large bitcoin investors, known as Whales.

“Whale Entities” are clusters of crypto wallet addresses held by a single network participant holding at least 1,000 BTC in the Wallet.

C/P
The number of bitcoin “whale entities” rose slightly to a new record high of 2,140 on Monday.
The increase came even as the cryptocurrency’s price collapsed by more than 20% to hit a low of $30,305.

The violent sell-off was fueled by heavy selling in the spot market and was accompanied by record trading volumes.
That did not deter the big players from accumulating the cryptocurrency.

Omkar Godbole and Sebastian Sinclair
end c/p

realdeal
01-14-2021, 01:07 PM
I am scared to mess with bitcoin with the new US presidential takeover. The US dollar is slipping and they haven't even been sworn in. I have a bad feeling for bitcoin and the economy.

crazed 9.6
01-14-2021, 03:02 PM
I am scared to mess with bitcoin with the new US presidential takeover. The US dollar is slipping and they haven't even been sworn in. I have a bad feeling for bitcoin and the economy.

This morning one bitcoin is almost back up to the 40,000 dollar mark
Currently sitting @ $39,600

:)

crazed 9.6
02-08-2021, 10:15 PM
During these last few weeks we have been seeing bitcoin fluctuate between 25k and 30k (there-abouts).
Monday saw bitcoin increase to over 45k
This came about after Elon Musk's Tesla company bought 1.5B dollars of the coin early Monday morning.

zaang83
02-09-2021, 02:26 PM
His investment is/was large enough to seriously push bitcoin up.......cash out at least 50% of your holdings and smile BIGLY. Greed is good but timing is even more important now.......my 2 cents CDN depending on your risk levels.

crazed 9.6
02-09-2021, 06:27 PM
good advice zaang83 :)

There was another spike in BTC value approx a week ago, and that spike was also due to Elon Musk.
He said something on Tweeter about investing in BTC and almost instantly the BTC went way up in value, but dropped again shortly there after, back to where it started before the sudden spike :eek:

zaang83
02-10-2021, 12:36 AM
Yeah, he has a vested interest and is moving money the size that large hedge funds move...............f******g scary when one guy can move the price up 10-20%; we don't even know how much he was holding before the most recent large buy he made. Nevertheless, depending on the size of your "gamble" and risk level, just don't wait for him or any "investor" like him to decide to cashout a large portion of his holdings and pat himself on the back, lol!

realdeal
02-11-2021, 02:22 PM
His investment is/was large enough to seriously push bitcoin up.......cash out at least 50% of your holdings and smile BIGLY. Greed is good but timing is even more important now.......my 2 cents CDN depending on your risk levels. Turn out the lights the party's over......

duhhud
02-11-2021, 11:23 PM
LoL he will be Very p-ooed if the price drops say to $18,000. you can sell it but you still need someone to buy it and with the price gets so high like it is,most big investors will start to think the risk is to high for the reward......now this is only my opinion and i am broke so what do i know.

crazed 9.6
02-11-2021, 11:31 PM
Elon Musk's Telsa company is not doing well according to some feedback from China.
Seems the batteries are not performing as they were promised. Meaning the distance that can be traveled on a single charge is far less then what was promised.

With the big automakers now all building these electric cars, this is a huge deal ,,, or deal breaker.

Meanwhile bitcoin hit all time high today at just under $48,000 per coin.

Marley
02-13-2021, 04:34 PM
yea my bank numbers are growing

andkaal
02-17-2021, 10:59 PM
Today Bit coin up to $50,000 today. WOW

crazed 9.6
02-18-2021, 03:01 AM
To learn more about all this crypto currency stuff and even become a bit of an expert, a site like bitcointalk may help :)

I only post this to show that I am no expert by no means, but I do like to talk about it:)
There are people and websites out there that are experts and you can learn from them if interested :)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php

or

https://cointelegraph.com/bitcoin-for-beginners

crazed 9.6
02-18-2021, 08:17 AM
Today Bit coin up to $50,000 today. WOW

yes it did.
And after approx 12 hours it gained another 2,000 and is now just over $52,000 per bitcoin.

Elon Musk had alot to do with that with his recent buy AND also he announced that his Tesla company will be accepting bitcoin as payments.
That right there was a big boost for bitcoin.

Something else happened recently too.
There were 2 US Banks that announced they would be creating a new division just for bitcoin transactions.
That is a huge deal for bitcoin:)

This run on bitcoin is referred to a a 'Bull Run' and this is the longest Bull run (in duration) that we have ever seen with the bitcoin market.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/2e/a2/63/2ea263e7ef708e3fa65c812a76bbcec0--wild-bull-bullfighting.jpg

crazed 9.6
02-23-2021, 03:54 PM
Bitcoin hit all-time high this last weekend @ $62,000 per bitcoin (+/-)
But since then it been dropping.
Today at this minute it is $48,000

Usually this is okay as the volatility of crypto currency can be seen at maybe 8 thousand $ up or down in one 24 hr period.
That's alot , but I seen it. This ain't Kansas anymore !

Anyway, for the last 2 days its been dropping on a steady rate (if you can count anything as steady with these things).

But I know it will peak back up and continue on to its one million dollar mark per coin.
This may be the 'half' or the Bull is tried :eek:

Do not fear thou , bitcoin will get back on that up scale at a 'steady' rate. Until next time.

I am just saying all this so if indeed anyone wanted to grab some bitcoin and store in a Wallet and watch it's value increase, this low peak may be good time to buy :)
Just sayin'

Do not invest any more then you are willing to loose.
I thought hard about that back in December, 2020 ... and mine was $150.00 that I was willing to loose, which I bought in at $14,000 per bitcoin :)

just sayin' :)

crazed 9.6
02-23-2021, 04:11 PM
You can also get your money out of crypto and cash back in hand (some exchanges have a waiting time before a withdrawl is allowed , maybe up to 14 days).
That is thru a Kiosk machine (bitcoin ATM).

You loose with the percentage them machines take, but generally you would gain if bitcoin was sold at a high peak in any given day.
Them Kiosk fees vary. The one here in my town is one of the highest in fees and can be from 13% upwards to 24%.. ohhh did I tell you them fees vary with each transaction? .. nuts ... lol

taxes would also be due for monies earned from investments.

But according to records of a friend of mine, he always ends up with a gain at what he original deposited, when selling bitcoin thru a machine even with its fees.
Another is thru online sites with verified trusted buyers of your coin. And deposited into a paypal account or similar.

That is just me telling you that yes indeed you can sell bitcoin for cash in hand at any time.

There are other ways too, but you can always get back your investment at anytime.

The longest turn around to get cash back from a Kiosk machine that I have experienced or heard about is approx 4 hrs., and regularly at a non-busy time can be just a few minutes.

Cash back can be up to $10,000 depending on the owner/brand of the Kiosk

crazed 9.6
02-23-2021, 04:50 PM
there are two tunes I'd like to mention, here.

Simply Irresistible
Robert Palmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8

damn I forgot the other one....

Ohh I know it :)

Candy's Going Bad
Golden Earing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTUZXWKRVM4

Marley
02-24-2021, 12:12 AM
Im happy too

crazed 9.6
02-26-2021, 02:45 PM
Assorted C/Ps from a few sources.

After seeing a high of +/- $62,000 it now looks like we have seen one of bitcoins worst weeks in terms of looses.
It took looses of upwards and beyond 20% this last week.

Bitcoin has been on a sharp rise since last year 2020
This was due in part to the same factors that led to the rise of gold in 2020.
A weak U.S. dollar and plummeting interest rates during the pandemic have spurred investors to look to alternative assets.

Bitcoin and the crypto market have probably benefited the most from mainstream acceptance.
PayPal announced in 2020 that it would accept Bitcoin on its platform.
WealthSimple announced that it would allow Bitcoin trading.

Then Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk announced that his company had poured US$1.5 billion into Bitcoin.
Tesla achieved a US$1 billion profit from this quick dip into crypto. That was larger than the profit it made on its electric vehicles over the past year.

Over the past couple of weeks, big names have dumped on the crypto space.
Janet Yellen, former chairwoman of the Federal Reserve and current U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, called Bitcoin “extremely inefficient.”
Bill Gates also warned against betting on the volatile digital currency.
These comments have coincided with this sharp dip from all-time highs.

*My own opinion on Bill Gates is that he is a monster and is scared that the dollar will crash hard and forever. He just bought up a bunch more farm land in the USA and now holds the most farm land of anyone in the USA. Seems he is trying to gain assets and what better then our farm land that feeds us... God help us all once Gates has full control of our food :eek:
And that she-devil Janet Yellen can't be trusted to say anything except whats good for her. She has too many interests in the dollar to be bias.

Almost two weeks ago, Canada launched the first-ever Bitcoin exchange-traded fund. This development garnered international attention, as it was the first Bitcoin ETF to be launched on a major exchange.
This did not come at the best time for cryptocurrencies thou, as TSX:BTCC.B was down 11.6% in trading at the time.

It seemed inevitable that the bull market had to calm down at some point.
HIVE Technologies and Hut 8 Mining are crypto mining firms that have benefited hugely from Bitcoin’s bull run.
Both stocks have dropped down sharply.

But keep in mind that bitcoin has done this before. It rocketed up and then dropped back down. But after all has been said and done, the overall value has been increasing, even with these spikes.

Ryu
03-12-2021, 12:29 AM
bitcoins back up high again :)

crazed 9.6
03-12-2021, 01:52 AM
bitcoins back up high again :)

Yes it is :)

This last couple of weeks bitcoin has been jumping up and down in value, but not again reaching that high it had seen awhile ago.

We started seeing this recent rise at the start of this past week. And it seems to be more stable as far as its volatility.

C/P
'Many stocks with a financial interest in the leading cryptocurrency Bitcoin, traded sharply higher on Monday morning.
A cautiously 'bullish' Bitcoin report from well-respected analyst managing director Kathleen Boyle of the firm Citi, sparked the jump, assisted by a modest rebound in cryptocurrency prices after a difficult end to February.'

'It's no surprise to see Bitcoin investors focusing on the 'bullish' parts of Boyle's analysis.'

Ryu
03-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Seems like it might take a big jump next week :)

Ryu
03-14-2021, 12:43 AM
and here we go crossed 60+ already :)

crazed 9.6
03-14-2021, 12:47 AM
Seems to be maybe a bit 'bullish' :eek:

https://bsmedia.business-standard.com/_media/bs/img/article/2020-07/29/full/1595966765-5684.jpg

crazed 9.6
04-14-2021, 06:50 PM
Tue, April 13, 2021

Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Global Inc., was set to be valued at more than $94 billion in a stock market debut on Wednesday April 13th, that marked another milestone in the development of bitcoin and other digital assets.
This also must be expected to receive much greater government scrutiny into the future.

Bitcoin hit a record of $62,741 on Tuesday, extending it's 2021 rally to new heights.

Coinbase, the largest U.S. cryptocurrency exchange debut it's listing on the Nasdaq on Wednesday, which is considered a landmark for cryptocurrency advocates.
Bitcoin the world's biggest cryptocurrency, rose as much as 5% on Tuesday.
Smaller rival Ethereum, also reached a record high.

Bitcoin topped $60,000 early last month, fueled by Tesla's move to buy $1.5 billion of the digital currency for its balance sheet.
For the past two weeks, it had traded in a tight range.
Demand is now flooding the market from institutions, just as large amounts of Bitcoin and Ethereum are increasingly being taken offline and holders are transferring them to their own offline wallets.
There is only one outcome from that, and investors should expect higher highs and higher lows throughout the year.

c/p from multiple sources

Ryu
04-18-2021, 12:09 PM
bitcoin dropped down to $54000

crazed 9.6
04-18-2021, 12:23 PM
bitcoin dropped down to $54000

Yea and still dropping this morning.... but it is not surprising thou.
Them analysts expected to see some more volatility and with low lows and high highs, after Coinbase's Wallstreet Stock debuted last week.

For the fun of it all, I also bought some Ethereum (ETH) cryptocurrency, perhaps 4 or 5 months ago.
I tripled my money on this as of today !!!

I only started with 5 bux worth of ETH thou and now that same ETH is worth a little over 15 bux ... If I sell now, I will have tripled my money :) lol

Ryu
04-18-2021, 12:36 PM
ThatÂ’s great crazed but very very risky business. I guess good for small investments. :)

crazed 9.6
04-18-2021, 12:43 PM
ThatÂ’s great crazed but very very risky business. I guess good for small investments. :)
I was kinda being a smarty pants :)

But,...
I could by a bottle of Rum with that free money.
Nothing like having a bit of a sifter of Rum while watching nascar :)

Ryu
04-18-2021, 12:54 PM
That’s true 🙂. Well as long these small investment keep getting 1 bottle then sure no risk at all 😀

crazed 9.6
05-12-2021, 06:07 PM
Ethereum (ETH) is continuing on it's steady increase in value.
Ethereum is a decentralized open-source blockchain system that features its own cryptocurrency, which is called Ether.
Ethereum (ETH) works as a platform for numerous other cryptocurrencies as well as it's own Ether coin, and for the execution of decentralized smart contracts.

At the start of May 2021, one Ether coin was worth approx $3000 USD and today May12, that same coin has hit a high of $4300 approx

While bitcoin has been a very volatile coin, with large highs and just as large lows, in a single week or even one day, Ether has been far less volatile and showing a steady climb since prolly mid-summer of 2020.
Since the beginning of May there has been a large amount of activity in Ethereum, which has been driving the value up at a faster rate.

'Bitcoin's and Ethereum’s market capitalization is now greater than all the largest banks in the world. Based on market cap, it now ranks above JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo among others.'

Bitcoin - market cap $1 trillion
Ethereum - market cap $499 billion
JP Morgan Chase - market cap $479 billion

Cap Charts from ambcrypto.com

https://ambcrypto.com/this-fact-offers-insights-into-how-much-ethereums-price-can-grow/

zaang83
05-12-2021, 09:08 PM
The amount of money being gambled on unregulated currency is seriously mind boggling!

realdeal
05-13-2021, 01:42 PM
Someones going to get hurt and it wont be Elon.

crazed 9.6
05-13-2021, 10:06 PM

I just heard that earlier today Elon announced that Tesla will no longer be accepting bitcoin as payment.
oooppps.....

What will that do to the Cypto market ?
It tanked today, was last I heard.
Elon did not sell any cyrpto onto the market, none from Tesla accounts anyway.

Bitcoin dropped over 10% today and the overall market lost.
Bitcoin ht low of approx $46K and currently sits approx $49K
Ether had a big loose, relatively speaking. Started the day @ approx $3.6K and currently sits @ approx $4.7K which is about a 9.6% loose in one day... that is a huge difference in a day of trading with Ether.
Bitcoin on the other hand sees this sorta volatility as per norm, almost :eek:
I think Tesla dealt mainly in Etherium and Ether cyrpto coin, as apposed to bitcoin crypto

more to come ....

realdeal
05-14-2021, 11:45 AM
I read Elon has over 5 Billion in Bitcoin.

zaang83
05-14-2021, 12:42 PM

Yep, it will be a lot of someone's.........at the very least, cash out your original investments and play this "casino" with the profits only that way you just can't lose.

4me2c
05-14-2021, 02:20 PM
How about Take the Money and Run before One Loses All of it...?!?

4me2c
05-14-2021, 11:09 PM
4me didn't get in on the Band Wagon at the beginning but if'n I had, I would have Gotten everyBIT that I would have been able to get and get it gone... with a Smile on Me Face...!!!

crazed 9.6
05-14-2021, 11:51 PM
4me didn't get in on the Band Wagon at the beginning but if'n I had, I would have Gotten everyBIT that I would have been able to get and get it gone... with a Smile on Me Face...!!!

I bought some Ether a couple months ago. Only $10.00 dollars worth. That is currently sitting at $29.00
Tripled my money on that :)....lol

I laugh, because at this rate I could be a millionaire within 200 or 300 years :)
Or I might just buy a bottle of Rum with it and be done with it :)

4me2c
05-15-2021, 12:22 AM
Seagram's Canadian Hunter is a Nice Sipping Whisky...!!!

crazed 9.6
05-15-2021, 01:10 AM
Seagram's Canadian Hunter is a Nice Sipping Whisky...!!!

yes, I have sipped on that a many a time :)

My standard lately is Captain Morgans Spiced Rum.

Ryu
05-19-2021, 09:38 PM
bitcoins below $40000 now :eek:

crazed 9.6
05-19-2021, 09:48 PM
bitcoins below $40000 now :eek:

wow !

Where is Elon ?
I thought I told them guys to take away Elon's social Media passwords !
Damn *%#@# !!!

crazed 9.6
05-19-2021, 10:20 PM
I just heard that there was a sum paid to black hattters over that ransomware thing with some pipeline.
4.4 million USD in BTC (bitcoin) was paid (if we can trust reports).
So maybe bitcoin drop in value is a godsend and says to **&^% with them blackhatters ~~~
or vice a versa.. I have not yet figured that out :(

Just a happy thought of the day :)
or could be .... 'Troubled Wine'

Crank it baby :)

Ryu
06-23-2021, 08:16 PM
last night bitcoins were below 30K.....

crazed 9.6
06-24-2021, 04:46 AM
last night bitcoins were below 30K.....

seems everyday is about the same unless something drastic happens.
The early morning day starts out with a high and then as the day progresses it drops to its low. Then the next day starts and the cycle repeats.
The high highs and the low lows are what can change,but lately bitcoin has been less volatile then its been seen in it's recent past.
Elon Musk messes things up sometimes but other then that the volatility of bitcoin value seems more tamed these days.
Overall, it seems the coin has dropped in value at a steady pace, since it hit it's high of over 60 K awhile ago

Ryu
06-24-2021, 10:23 AM
right crazed. this is how exactly happening. those who bought when bitcoins were at 60k now must be dealing with blood pressure :eek:

zaang83
06-24-2021, 08:19 PM
If it dives into the mid 20s or lower, time to buy. Just don't get left holding the bag of greed.

crazed 9.6
06-24-2021, 08:48 PM
If it dives into the mid 20s or lower, time to buy. Just don't get left holding the bag of greed.

I bought in when bitcoin was in around $14,000 USD
To put that in a time perspective, it was a couple months just before the big Toilet Paper shortage fiasco of early 2020.
It was 150 big ones is what I invested (not the big big ones, but only one hundred and fifty dollar ones).
I always tell myself to never invest more then you are comfortable in loosing, so 150 was my comfort zone.
I sold when it reached around $56,000 - $58,000
After 'taxes' and the fee from the Kosik machine (which was a whopping 22% at it's high point at that time), I prolly had $400.00 profit , plus the original $150
I think I bought gasoline and a pizza with it :)

I also bought some Ethereum coin too, but only $10.00 worth @ 2 separate times.
Each time I sold also when it tripled to $30.00
I tripled my money .... haaaaa :)
So to celebrate, I bought a bottle of Captain Morgan's Rum both times with the profits :)

My financing skills astound me :)

I do have a very small amount in bitcoin wallet presently and I will prolly buy more when the drop gets down below that 20 thousand mark.
Early early morning is when we can see it at it's lowest for the day.

Ryu
06-24-2021, 09:01 PM
yeah this time im going to buy too when it will hit below 20K

crazed 9.6
06-24-2021, 09:10 PM
yeah this time im going to buy too when it will hit below 20K

bitcoin is the most volatile and the biggest money maker, also the biggest risk... as easily seen.
But there is also Ethereum coin which is solid coin in the Market. One of them coins is around $2000 or $3000 at any given time. It was steadily increasing in value, till recently thou it seems to be steady drop. But that is okay because one coin in around 2 thousand and if in ten years that same coin is $100,000 ... do the math on that one. Is why I keep a small amount in ETH s well.
So in 10 to 100 years and if i can leave it alone, I may become rich :)

If you want to play around and take advantage of some high highs and high profits with small investments, then BTC (bitcoin) is way to go.
Just know your comfort zone, and it can be a bit of fun.

Knowing when to sell would be a great assist too :)
I would watch the price reach a daily high and rush to Kosik machine across town, before that high dropped... lol

Ryu
06-24-2021, 09:30 PM
yup I am thinking with low start as well and will leave it for a while. also will consider ether just incase if I loose one will have back up option. definitely will keep below $200 for now then will monitor the progress and will do the same as you before that price drops :)

Ryu
06-24-2021, 09:31 PM
and usually im not into stocks or this kind of business but I have been watching bitcoins since last year and kind of got the idea that lots of companies started to accept bitcoins so definitely need to consider investment. :)

crazed 9.6
06-24-2021, 09:38 PM
and usually im not into stocks or this kind of business but I have been watching bitcoins since last year and kind of got the idea that lots of companies started to accept bitcoins so definitely need to consider investment. :)

A whole country in Central America somewhere now considers bitcoin an official currency.
This news just surfaced a couple weeks ago.

Ryu
06-24-2021, 09:56 PM
that mean it will go up for sure soon. :)

zaang83
06-25-2021, 11:49 AM
https://youtu.be/6X7Sx62plCw

Ryu
06-25-2021, 04:39 PM
I have feelings by tomorrow or Monday it might go well below 30K

Ryu
07-20-2021, 11:21 AM
and they are below 30K now

dara
07-20-2021, 04:33 PM
I have a tiny position on BTC. .00296 just so I can track it. It used to be worth about $150, but now is only $88. People who put in their life savings at the right time are rich, but most that did probably wish they didn't.

Ryu
07-21-2021, 12:07 PM
back to 30's now

yeah super risky business. not for me for sure :)

Ryu
07-26-2021, 09:34 AM
wow nice big jump closer to 39K

crazed 9.6
07-26-2021, 11:05 AM
There are more entities jumping onboard with cryptocurrencies recently and is partly why the start of this 'Bull Run'

I think it was Amazon that recently (in the last couple of days) announced that they were looking for experienced analysts to help Amazon set up a 'Crypto department'.
I may be incorrect in Amazon being the company so don't quote me on that, but it was a big tech type company, I am almost sure it was Amazon

Ryu
07-26-2021, 09:21 PM
possible because of that who knows :)

Ryu
07-27-2021, 11:55 PM
back to 40K

big mac
07-28-2021, 01:15 AM
back to 4K
It never dropped to 4K.:p

trabajoso
07-28-2021, 02:34 AM
A whole country in Central America somewhere now considers bitcoin an official currency.
This news just surfaced a couple weeks ago.
yes colombia

Ryu
07-28-2021, 09:51 AM
It never dropped to 4K.:p

lol where is my zero lol :)

4me2c
07-28-2021, 05:32 PM
lol where is my zero lol :)

Lost In Space with the Robinson Family and Dr. Smith...!!!

crazed 9.6
08-07-2021, 01:04 PM
In the last 24 hours, bitcoin increased by almost $4000 USD
That's huge, but not uncommon with bitcoin cryptocurrency, but we have not seen an increase like this in awhile.

I had a suspicion we'd see a gain and here's why...
My online Echange service sent me an email the other day with this news.
It has to do with Ethereum (ETH) doing some major changes in the game.
Something about a 'Hard Fork' :eek:

Ethereum is a cryptocurrency as is Bitcoin (BTC).
Bitcoin has a finite amount and that amount, I think 21 million BTC
Ethereum does not have a set amount, as like some other cryptocurrencies. But with whats coming that all may change. ETH may have a finite amount yet.

C/P
The implementation of Ethereum's London hard fork this past week represented an important step forward for the cryptocurrency.
According to its founder Vitalik Buterin, the Fork will help lower its carbon emissions by 99%.
The London upgrade is "proof that the Ethereum ecosystem is able to make significant changes."

The London hard fork upgrade to Ethereum's blockchain included EIP-1599, a fee-reduction feature that has been burning $8,900 worth of Ether every minute since it went into effect.
That ongoing reduction in the supply of Ether is likely aiding to its recent price gains, with the cryptocurrency up 18% since the London fork went into effect.

Ethereum blockchain still has big changes ahead, most notably its transition to a proof-of-stake-system from a proof-of-work system. That change, which is expected to go into effect in the ETH 2.0 network overhaul, will reduce carbon emissions related to the mining of ether by 99%, according to Buterin.

end c/p
August 7, 2021
businessinsider.com
Matthew Fox

There is talk of how this will affect cryptocurrency in the long run.

Ryu
08-07-2021, 01:26 PM
I was hoping if it goes below 25000 then I might buy around $200 just for test but looks like its not coming down anytime soon lol

Ryu
08-21-2021, 02:24 AM
and when I thought I will buy some this time if it goes below 20K but it looks like not going to happen lol
close to 50K now. good for many people out there :)

crazed 9.6
08-21-2021, 02:28 AM
and when I thought I will buy some this time if it goes below 20K but it looks like not going to happen lol
close to 50K now. good for many people out there :)

yea, it has still been volatile, but seems to be staying between 40k and 50k for some time now.

Ryu
08-21-2021, 02:48 AM
yea, it has still been volatile, but seems to be staying between 40k and 50k for some time now.

yeah o well they are not getting my few $$ anytime soon lol :)

Ryu
09-06-2021, 05:32 AM
hitting closer to 52K now

Ryu
10-16-2021, 12:47 AM
back to 60K again

crazed 9.6
10-16-2021, 01:06 AM
back to 60K again

yup.
It's not great news thou.
The Run is always good news for investors looking for quick gains... but the reasons behind it are not so great.
I fear soon that the Banks and Governments will control the crypto market. And especially with the physical dollar being pushed out of the business sector, meaning more and more business are not taking physical dollars. The push to use credit cards is crazy, but it is happening. It will add to our personal debts due to the interest rates are a killer with credit cards and not even counting the monsters behind the credit companies.
Debit cards as well will be accepted thou,so there is still that.
I watched/listened to a Senate meeting the other day about all this. I did not like what I heard :(
Many analysts have been saying to use dollars as much as possible, so it's actively still in use and would be harder to end it.

Quoted below is from a newsletter which my online Exchange sends me.

C/P
Bitcoin prices continue to rally as Wall Street doubles down on crypto

Around this time last year, crypto began the historic surge that culminated in spring’s all-time highs — a rally driven partly by Wall Street and corporate America’s increasing adoption of BTC. Since the start of October, Bitcoin has rallied nearly 20% as the S&P 500 has remained mostly flat. And with investments in the sector setting records — crypto firms raised $6.5 billion in the third quarter of 2021 — it’s clear that institutional crypto adoption wasn’t just a fad. Let’s dig into Wall Street’s latest crypto moves.

Banking giants are increasingly offering clients crypto products. U.S. Bank, the country’s fifth-largest bank, announced it will offer Bitcoin custody services for fund managers — joining players working on similar products including Bank of New York Mellon and Northern Trust. And in its first-ever research report dedicated to crypto, Bank of America noted, “We believe crypto-based digital assets could form an entirely new asset class.”

Global firms and fund managers are also considering ETH, DeFi, and blockchain tech. A CoinShares report found that 42% of institutional respondents said they were most bullish about ETH; French investment bank Société Générale posted about potential DeFi offerings on an established crypto forum; and Visa outlined a “Universal Payments Channel” — a flexible network for digital currencies, including CBDCs.

George Soros’ fund revealed that it holds BTC. Speaking to Bloomberg, Soros Fund CEO Dawn Fitzpatrick said, “I think it's crossed the chasm to mainstream." Elsewhere, J.P. Morgan analysts suggested that Bitcoin may be a better hedge than gold, an idea echoed by billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg analysts predict that four BTC futures ETFs could be approved by the end of October. ETFs — which provide investors exposure to an asset class without having to hold the asset themselves — are popular components of retirement-savings plans.

Why it matters… Wall Street’s conventional wisdom around crypto has flipped in the last year — from high-risk bet to a mainstream component of a diversified portfolio. In a recent interview, legendary investor Bill Miller explained some of the appeal: "Bitcoin is a lot less risky at $43,000 than it was at $300. It's now established, huge amounts of venture-capital money have gone into it, and all the big banks are getting involved."

Ryu
10-16-2021, 08:55 AM
Correct. Government is definitely going to take over. :(

dara
10-16-2021, 12:49 PM
A central bank backed Crypto will end our privacy, for sure. I won't be too surprised if Bitcoin hit 100K this year though, not betting it, just won't be oh wow about it.

12icer
10-19-2021, 02:31 AM
To hold any of Crypto in todays market one needs to have a hard wallet, and a proven faraday cage.
With the sunspot activity increasing some places may lose all magnetic and potential data.

I think BC will have no problem passing the 100 G mark, It depends on the timing of the peak.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/growing-risk-of-once-in-a-century-solar-superstorm-that-could-knock-out-internet-study-says-1.5579689

Not to that point yet, but the basis of Crypto is electronic worldwide electronic data and one MUST back up his data and keep the keys to the vault safe. It is not like having silver or gold.