PDA

View Full Version : Case 96936 MUFON - Oregon witness reported a 1962 encounter

ilan
01-28-2019, 01:36 PM
1962 Texas Encounter Detailed
Roger Marsh, MUFON | 17 January 2019

https://www.mufon.com/uploads/2/5/2/2/25220163/published/image-1_217.jpg?1547757538
Keizer, Oregon. Credit: Google

An Oregon witness at Keizer reported a 1962 encounter he had as a 13-year-old when a triangle-shaped object hovered just 40 feet overhead, according to testimony in Case 96936 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The witness was outside “hoeing strawberries” across from his home along Windsor Island Road when the incident began.

“It was on a Saturday afternoon around 2 p.m. and towards the last part of May or early June,” the witness stated. “School was not out for the summer yet. I was alone in the field when I heard a buzzing, humming noise that gradually grew louder. And the first thing I thought of was that a swarm of bees was heading my way. My father always told me to hit the ground and lay flat if we heard a buzzing noise because it could be a swarm of bees, and that was just what I did.”

The witness assumed the sound was the result of bees.

“I didn't think to look for them until I was laying on the ground, with my hands covering my head, and when I finally did get brave enough to look towards the sound coming from the west, I didn't see any bees, but the noise kept up and was now coming from above me.”

The witness finally looked up.

“I saw a huge, huge, huge black triangle-shaped object hovering just above me, around a hundred feet or so. It wasn't moving, but the buzzing, humming sound was still there. Then the object started to come down towards me. I was so scared, I didn't think to get up and run. I just figured I was a goner, so I just covered my head again, waiting. When I looked up again it had stopped about 40 feet above me. It stayed there for short while and then it turned to my right, tilted up some and moved towards the sky. While it was moving upwards and away from me, it swiveled again towards the east and then it went so fast, that it was gone out of sight, just like that.”

The witness watched the object move away.

“It didn't leave a trail of exhaust or anything, like our airplanes do sometimes, and it wasn't noisy like them either. It just had that buzzing, humming noise the whole time. When I got home, I told my Foster Mom what I had seen, and she told me to never tell anyone about what I saw. I didn't for a while, but then I ended up telling just my siblings, and then as the years passed, I told a few other people as well. I hadn't heard or known anything about UFOs back then, but when I did hear about them years later, I do believe that it had to have been one, since we didn't have anything like that back then that could do what it did.”

Oregon State Director Tom Bowden investigated and closed this case as an Unknown Aerial Vehicle.

“The witness is reporting a close encounter that she experienced in 1962, when she was 13 years old,” Bowden wrote in his report. I cannot find any reason to doubt her sincerity. In my interactions with her, she seemed entirely rational, credible and sincere. This close encounter with a large object for about 10 minutes at a distance of only about 100 feet leaves little room for doubt about the nature of the object the witness observed. No conventional aircraft could possibly account for what was reported. This case is being closed with a disposition of “Unknown – UAV.” Assuming her credibility cannot be called into doubt, my confidence in this decision is very high — 95 percent.”

Keizer is a city located in Marion County, Oregon, population 36,478.

I don't know why the original headline has Texas in it because it seems like this occurred in Oregon, but I left it as is. It probably should read: 1962 Oregon Encounter Detailed. It's an interesting account, nonetheless. - ilan