PDA

View Full Version : EPG not working

08-28-2020, 11:58 PM
EPG not working on XRS4500? just blank, can you help?

thank you

crazed 9.6
08-29-2020, 12:09 AM
enter the EPG and scroll to the channels found at the top of the list but just below the PPV channels.
Stay in the EPG menu and sit on TVLand channel for instance.
Is there a loading circle visible?
Now stay in EPG and scroll down the list and then enter on any channel, stay in the epg and go back to the top (below the PPV channels) Sit on there a second or two and then scroll up and down fast and then back to TVLand.
Give it a few seconds.
If still seeing that loading circle, then scroll down further this time and back up again.

08-29-2020, 12:22 AM
enter the EPG and scroll to the channels found at the top of the list but just below the PPV channels.
Stay in the EPG menu and sit on TVLand channel for instance.
Is there a loading circle visible?
Now stay in EPG and scroll down the list and then enter on any channel, stay in the epg and go back to the top (below the PPV channels) Sit on there a second or two and then scroll up and down fast and then back to TVLand.
Give it a few seconds.
If still seeing that loading circle, then scroll down further this time and back up again.

Thank you I will give it a try and report back in a bit. Thanks

08-29-2020, 01:21 AM
Well, I couldn't get it work so I finally remembered to to a clear cache and then reboot and all is well again.

thank you again, it made me get my head out of the dark side.

crazed 9.6
08-29-2020, 01:24 AM
it would be to your best interest to learn how the m3u Playlist option also works. Then you could have your MAC attached method with it's server EPG source or also could switch easily on that Buzz box to a Playlist method, which could have 2 other EPG sources (Acid's and Shooty's).
That way you'd have 3 possible epg sources to choose from easily.
The initial setup will take some time, because you will have to create Playlist portals and also be able to quickly log on service site and switch from MAC to no MAC

I can help you with all of this but I won't get into it just now. The guides are posted.
But if you want, I can direct you to correct info so you can then do the work :)

To research all of this , explore all of these Buzz Box sub-forums and not only this 4500 sub forum . It's all related :)

08-29-2020, 01:26 AM
it would be to your best interest to learn how the m3u Playlist option also works. Then you could have your MAC attached method with it's server EPG source or also could switch easily on that Buzz box to a Playlist method, which could have 2 sources (Acid's and Shooty's).
That way you'd have 3 possible epg sources to choose from easily.
The initial setup will take some time, because you will have to create Playlist portals and also be able to quickly log on service site and switch from MAC to no MAC

I can help you with all of this but I won't get into it just now. The guides are posted.
But if you want, I can direct you to correct info so you can then do the work :)

To research all of this , explore all of these Buzz Box sub-forums and not only this 4500 sub forum . It's all related :)

Thank much, I will take you up on the help later when I get the time and mental capacity (LOL)

It will be a few days for sure.

crazed 9.6
08-29-2020, 01:33 AM
Thank much, I will take you up on the help later when I get the time and mental capacity (LOL)

It will be a few days for sure.

I will be here.

It is not difficult either,just takes some time to learn it all. And once setup then it's just a few clicks to switch between.
It helps to confirm EPG issues when you have access to more then one source :)

crazed 9.6
08-29-2020, 01:37 AM
Well, I couldn't get it work so I finally remembered to to a clear cache and then reboot and all is well again.

thank you again, it made me get my head out of the dark side.

:)

crazed 9.6
08-29-2020, 01:44 AM
I missed your solution at the real time posting, but have since made your solution into a Sticky thread.
Thnx Guest :)