PDA

View Full Version : Change hostname of dreamlink box (and what happened to dev options)

dizzurp
07-25-2020, 10:54 PM
How do I change the hostname of my box? If this option isn't available, can you please add it?

Right now the hostname is something like "android-2g98eh9483h" and there doesn't seem to be any way to modify it.

Also, why can I no longer access developer options?

crazed 9.6
07-25-2020, 11:42 PM
How do I change the hostname of my box? If this option isn't available, can you please add it?

Right now the hostname is something like "android-2g98eh9483h" and there doesn't seem to be any way to modify it.

Also, why can I no longer access developer options?

Are you talking about the host name seen thru your router admin panel ?
Can you change it there in the admin panel ?

I did not know that the Dreamlink T2 model had access to the developer options :eek:
Some of the Formuler models do, but I have never tried it or seen it posted thru the Dreamlink T2

dizzurp
08-18-2020, 02:51 AM
Are you talking about the host name seen thru your router admin panel ?
Can you change it there in the admin panel ?

I did not know that the Dreamlink T2 model had access to the developer options :eek:
Some of the Formuler models do, but I have never tried it or seen it posted thru the Dreamlink T2

Yeah, I just set the hostname from my pfsense router instead. Now it shows what I want in my UniFi controller.

Anyway, they used to let you enable dev options but it doesn't work anymore. Not a big deal, I just wanted to play around with the software a bit.

Thanks.