PDA

View Full Version : picture sizing issues and low sound

04-11-2020, 08:52 PM
I

Wow what a moron I have become (or maybe now I can just recognize it better) since I am quarantined.

I am have to go back to my 3000 the 4500 is eating my lunch, and I am running low on food!!!

Here I go. The picture size changes from channel to channel on LiveTV. I have tried several settings on advance setting menu . What should it be I have and old 1080 TV. Some channels has it stretched out so thin (10 inches tall in a 65"set) that I can hardly see it. I have it set to full screen but no difference with or with auto. What to do, what to do next? I aheb tried 480, 720, 1080 please help

The sound is very low even though I am using HDMI cable and have the volume setting as high as possible on the advanced setting on the 4500. I have to turn up the sound level to highest volume on the TV and then wherever I go back to TV from my STB the neighbors call the police because to sound is making their window glass shatter before I can get it turned down!!

Thank you for helping.

4me2c
04-11-2020, 09:00 PM
I have to turn up the sound level to highest volume on the TV and then wherever I go back to TV from my STB the neighbors call the police because to sound is making their window glass shatter before I can get it turned down!!

Thank you for helping.

Turn the Sound DOWN before going back to the TV...

Marley
04-11-2020, 09:58 PM
that could be your refresh rate thats wrong put it at 60hz and try older hdmi cable too

duhhud
04-11-2020, 10:00 PM
not every this is produced in hd leave it on 1080.some shows will have black bars on the sides,then some times on the top and bottom,then some time no black bars at all.you could zoom your tv to get rid of the bars but you are taking away from the picture quality by doing so.

does your sound go through a receiver turn the sound up then use the buzz tv to control it.

please delete
i don't think this apply's

crazed 9.6
04-11-2020, 10:02 PM
screen resolution is the function you want and not video format, which is what the 480 or 720 or 1080 is

Zoom in or zoom out is a part of screen resolution functions. Look in the menus for a screen resolution function.

Marley
04-11-2020, 10:09 PM
me i think try another hdmi cable and check 60 hz he said he changed the 480 720 and so on think it maybe bad hdmi just try it wont harm anything and how old is tv i have one that 15 yrs old and works great on this box wont do 1080 but 720p and its edtv thats how old it is

NBS
04-11-2020, 11:21 PM
in screen resolution settings turn on autoswitch to best resolution

you didnt answer the question on whether or not you were using a receiver or straight to tv
there are a bunch of audio settings

04-12-2020, 12:44 AM
Turn the Sound DOWN before going back to the TV...

yeah I try to but the spouse does seem to remember.... or be happy about it. She is used to living in a perfect world.

04-12-2020, 12:46 AM

you didn't answer the question on whether or not you were using a receiver or straight to tv

straight TV also a sound bar. I have tried both independently, no difference in the outcome. I have tried autoswitch for screen.

04-12-2020, 12:50 AM
me i think try another hdmi cable and check 60 hz he said he changed the 480 720 and so on think it maybe bad hdmi just try it wont harm anything and how old is tv i have one that 15 yrs old and works great on this box wont do 1080 but 720p and its edtv thats how old it is

I will try another HDMI cable this was a new one 2.1 version. TV about 12 years old I think, It's a smart TV, obviously smarter than me.

04-12-2020, 12:53 AM
not every this is produced in hd leave it on 1080.some shows will have black bars on the sides,then some times on the top and bottom,then some time no black bars at all.you could zoom your tv to get rid of the bars but you are taking away from the picture quality by doing so.

does your sound go through a receiver turn the sound up then use the buzz tv to control it.

please delete
i don't think this apply's

zoom does distort the picture to much, Sound goes thru TV.

04-12-2020, 12:54 AM
screen resolution is the function you want and not video format, which is what the 480 or 720 or 1080 is

Zoom in or zoom out is a part of screen resolution functions. Look in the menus for a screen resolution function.

Thanks. I am still working on it.

NBS
04-12-2020, 01:29 AM
Thanks. I am still working on it.

home settings,advanced settings ,display

Tha Joker
04-12-2020, 01:32 AM
Post some channel numbers too. Check the screen position too.

duhhud
04-12-2020, 01:48 AM
guest i take it you are using digital out to the sound bar.so try this on the buzztv set your sound half way with the remote,then with your sound bar remote start to increase your volume if the sound start to go up put it to where you want it then only use the buzz tv remote volume.

as far as for your tv.in the buzz tv advanced setting, set it to auto(you said it didn't make a difference right so leave on auto)
now unplug your tv while your tv is unplug ,then unplug your buzz box and hdmi cord.then plug your tv in and then your box back in to see if the tv detects your box.if that does not work i would go into tv setting to make every thing right there... i am not that schooled on all the terms of what every thing is called

NBS
04-12-2020, 01:59 AM
guest i take it you are using digital out to the sound bar.so try this on the buzztv set your sound half way,then with your sound bar remote start to increase your volume if the sound start to go up put it to where you want it then only use the buzz tv remote volume.

as far as for your tv.in the buzz tv advanced setting, set it to auto(you said it didn't make a difference right so leave on auto)
now unplug your tv while your tv is unplug ,then unplug your buzz box and hdmi cord.then plug your tv in and then your box back in to see if the tv detects your box.if that does not work i would go into tv setting to make every thing right there... i am not that schooled on all the terms of what every thing is called
he didnt say he had screen resolution on auto,he had picture sizing on auto which is in configuration menu

duhhud
04-12-2020, 02:56 AM
Once you set your screen resolution to (auto switch to best resolution ) and if it still does no correct it
i think Marley is right on going to a old HDMI like a 1.4 or 1.5

you do need a 2.0 or 2.1 for 4k but your tv is not 4k.

guest when you were trying to install the kokaleka app. you said you put the mac back and the live tv was working.
was the picture good then.
if so did you change anything after that.
and have you tried the box on another tv to see if it work ok
and do you have any other apps on the box for movies or tv if so how is with them app does it work fine or not

and p.s we have all been in the same boat as you but with the help from the great guys and gals on this site it will get solved

Marley
04-12-2020, 04:05 PM
look for sound part is it only hdmi or are you going through a receiver need know that and truly i still think it hdmi cable both sound and picture comes from that you could reset the box too i just think tv is old and setting on tv are wrong undo all and see if tv is working right in first place one small step at time that first then a reset to box still think it hdmi cable have you tried a new one or go to friends house and see if it works on there tv if you can dont think your doing anything wrong have you tried a new cable yet are you using the one if came with ? all so if the cable has short the sound could stay loud as heck had that happen to me but not on hdmi cable

04-12-2020, 06:36 PM
Thanks for all the posts, I am working on it.
I will try to answer a few of the questions from your posts.

No change before or after changing the MAC. No I don't need the 2.1 HDMI cable do not have a 4K TV, I will change to old cable soon and post if it helps or not. The channels are HBO, SHO, Cinemax type. When I get back on it I will make a few notes, generally, I just scan thru if the screen size is wacky.

not going thru a receiver just STB to TV.

Thanks again.

Marley
04-12-2020, 08:50 PM
dumb question you saying only a few do that ? or is it all of them ?

duhhud
04-12-2020, 10:54 PM
if some of the channels have BLACK OR GRAY bars on the top and bottom and that's what your saying is the problem that's the format of the movie if i am not mistaking .....Are your other channels ok. Like is A&E or ABC or news stations are they ok?

04-13-2020, 01:21 AM
if some of the channels have BLACK OR GRAY bars on the top and bottom and that's what your saying is the problem that's the format of the movie if i am not mistaking .....Are your other channels ok. Like is A&E or ABC or news stations are they ok?

correct, the bars on top and bottom are each as wide as the picture itself. No no worries I will work om it and if all else fails i will watch other channels.
Thank you

duhhud
04-13-2020, 01:59 AM
ok then..if in the box under advanced setting under picture mod you have it set to auto all ready then it is in your tv setting on your tv that you will have to adjust.good luck

04-13-2020, 08:03 PM
ok then..if in the box under advanced setting under picture mod you have it set to auto all ready then it is in your tv setting on your tv that you will have to adjust.good luck

Thank you,

Marley
04-14-2020, 12:58 AM
why they didnt you do what NBS said on post 8 i think and that why i ask dumb question too all of this could have been over with but you learned something thats big thing

04-15-2020, 09:48 PM
why they didnt you do what NBS said on post 8 i think and that why i ask dumb question too all of this could have been over with but you learned something thats big thing

Sorry, I have had some serious family health issues and have not had a chance to get back to the box for testing. Maybe next week.

I will post what I find out

04-15-2020, 09:50 PM

you didnt answer the question on whether or not you were using a receiver or straight to tv

Screen res is auto, straight to tv no receiver.

duhhud
04-15-2020, 10:30 PM
Any one that puts it on the channel you are talking about have the black bars on the top and bottom unless they stretch it or zoom it .On your tv setting you have zoom and do you have one that says just put it on just or try 16.9 and i'm am talking about your tv..

I.M.O. it as nothing to do with your resolution setting put that on auto on your buzz box.because it's only a bad picture on the movie channels were the BLACK BARS are two big and making your picture squished and like i said in my first post movies come in different formats... also on your buzz box under advance setting at the bottom under picture put it to auto..

and you did say that it is only the other channels are good and the picture is good right?

and what kind of tv (name)

duhhud
04-15-2020, 10:44 PM
and now for your sound you said to the tv then to a sound bar.
if your sound bar has HDMI in and out this is what i would do
HDMI to sound bar then HDMI to tv and only use sound through sound bar and here is how to set the volume. put it on a good channel
and with your buzz box REMOTE use your volume button on it and set it to half THEN with your sound bar REMOTE start
turning it up to the volume you want THEN ONLY USE THE BUZZ BOX REMOTE FOR VOLUME turn the tv volume right down..

if you have a cable box as well to your tv then we will need to set it up different.

Marley
04-16-2020, 02:40 AM
before doing all this go to friend house and see if it works there that will tell you if it box or tv thats if you can do that

04-19-2020, 10:18 PM
and now for your sound you said to the tv then to a sound bar.
if your sound bar has HDMI in and out this is what i would do
HDMI to sound bar then HDMI to tv and only use sound through sound bar and here is how to set the volume. put it on a good channel
and with your buzz box REMOTE use your volume button on it and set it to half THEN with your sound bar REMOTE start
turning it up to the volume you want THEN ONLY USE THE BUZZ BOX REMOTE FOR VOLUME turn the tv volume right down..

if you have a cable box as well to your tv then we will need to set it up different.

Thanks for the reply. I am Ok with the sound issues, I just operate it for the spouse and all is good. Juat ns FYI, it appears that the output on the Buzz 3000 is a little stronger the the 4500. Just saying !

04-19-2020, 10:21 PM
Any one that puts it on the channel you are talking about have the black bars on the top and bottom unless they stretch it or zoom it .On your tv setting you have zoom and do you have one that says just put it on just or try 16.9 and i'm am talking about your tv..

I.M.O. it as nothing to do with your resolution setting put that on auto on your buzz box.because it's only a bad picture on the movie channels were the BLACK BARS are two big and making your picture squished and like i said in my first post movies come in different formats... also on your buzz box under advance setting at the bottom under picture put it to auto..

and you did say that it is only the other channels are good and the picture is good right?

and what kind of tv (name)

Thanks again, you are correct it is just on the movies channels. Some are Ok some have the bars it is just what movie it is.

04-19-2020, 10:22 PM
OK OK I am finished for now with these issues, thanks to all for the replies and advise. All of there are greatly appreciated.