PDA

View Full Version : Turning On New BuzzTv XRS 4500

Lomx
04-04-2020, 04:06 AM
Hi guys, I hope you can give me a hand on this. I got my BuzzTv xrs 4500 about a week ago and I like all about this box but lately, for some reason i 've been having problems to turn it on using the remote control. so, the only way to turn it back on is unpluging the power cord. Checked batteries,changed HDMI Cable, tried remote from BuzzTv XPL 3000 (also works with this box) Changed CEC switch settings but nothing works. I did factory reset and the problem was solved but only for three days, I should say that after minutes (perhaps hours) sometimes I am able to turn it on but not always. I got the sense that some apks working in the background are preventing the unit from turning on I have no problem to turn it off. Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.

floder2
04-04-2020, 04:22 AM
maybe the tv your using is interfering with the remote and box ...test it on another tv........

Lomx
04-04-2020, 05:44 AM
Good Idea Will try that

Marley
04-04-2020, 05:50 PM
if vizo it will do that

Lomx
04-05-2020, 12:35 AM
changed tv same problem will check apks downloded next.

crazed 9.6
04-05-2020, 04:11 AM
this xrs4500 acted almost the same way for me.
Seemed it would not power up with the remote. I pressed the power button and nothing happened, the light on the front display did not change either, so I was gonna press the power again but suddenly it powered on (it was about a 5 or 6 second delay before I saw it power on).
This happened only twice to me.
I have since then been powering off by holding the power button (long press) and then select the Power Off option, as opposed to Stand By.
My thinking was it had previoisly had a difficult time 'waking up' from Stand By ... :)
I do not know if that is what solved my issue or even if issue is solved or was an issue , but not seen since, so far.

Dodgeit1
04-05-2020, 12:32 PM
this xrs4500 acted almost the same way for me.
Seemed it would not power up with the remote. I pressed the power button and nothing happened, the light on the front display did not change either, so I was gonna press the power again but suddenly it powered on (it was about a 5 or 6 second delay before I saw it power on).
This happened only twice to me.
I have since then been powering off by holding the power button (long press) and then select the Power Off option, as opposed to Stand By.
My thinking was it had previoisly had a difficult time 'waking up' from Stand By ... :)
I do not know if that is what solved my issue or even if issue is solved or was an issue , but not seen since, so far.Here i thought it was me not being able to figure out wht power button does what.I'd the green 10 times then red 10.Then by luck it would come on. A few times i just resorted to pull the plug and plug it back in.

NBS
04-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Go to Advanced Settings, Then Press on "PowerKey Definition", Then Choose "Shutdown". will do the same instaed of holding power button down

Lomx
04-05-2020, 04:28 PM
This is weird, Sometimes turns on right away a few times and sometimes fail to start but if I wait about a minute it turns on again. Since this model pushes the updates automatically, I got the feeling that the box is doing something in the background so, I am going to go to settings and "developer mode" and lower the number of aplications running to see what happens after that.

Marley
04-05-2020, 09:17 PM
i must be the only one here that never turns of box and i had this box filled and it still ran fine just for testing cant do that to many boxes once full

dfr1960
04-06-2020, 12:25 AM
So I got my box this past Friday.... Setting it up I noticed the same thing after I paired it with the remote ....unpaired it and it works fine on infrared or it has all weekend....mine would shut the box off but wouldn't always turn it on