02-12-2020, 02:59 PM
yes its ok now, but last night it was not ok, your post is late
im on a 350mbps internet Comcast
mag 322 box

Rinny
02-13-2020, 06:02 AM
Freezing on Comcast
Hi,

We have received some reports of freezing from Comcast's users and after a deep investigation we found that the issue is being originated in Comcast's network and we can't do anything to remediate it at our end.

If you are a Comcast's user and are being affected by this issue please use a VPN as a workaround to this issue.

Thanks for understanding and hope everything comes back to normal ASAP.
Multi-Quote This Message

mootz
02-13-2020, 04:51 PM
Freezing on Comcast
Hi,

We have received some reports of freezing from Comcast's users and after a deep investigation we found that the issue is being originated in Comcast's network and we can't do anything to remediate it at our end.

If you are a Comcast's user and are being affected by this issue please use a VPN as a workaround to this issue.

Thanks for understanding and hope everything comes back to normal ASAP.
Multi-Quote This Message

how can I put a VPN on a mag 332 I can't , how can I put a VPN on my Comcast modem, I can't?

can you please tell me how

crazed 9.6
02-13-2020, 05:35 PM
The comcast router may not have the ability to use a VPN service, most if not all provider routers don't. but some routers are open-source and can be flashed with DD-WRT or Tamato firmware and thus enable the use of a VPN.

And also, unfortunately your Mag box does not have the abilities to install a VPN app either.

Setting up a VPN on Router

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P1Rispj3EY

Find out if your router supports DD-WRT firmware

https://dd-wrt.com/support/router-database/

Another option is to purchase a dedicated VPN router. This device connects inline with your devices and your comcast router. It can be pricey thou.
With that non-open source comcast router and the mag device, your only option may be that pricey second dedicated VPN router added into your network.
I think the video coded below is of the Liberty Sheild VPN Router and will show that simple setup.... but a bit pricey setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsW9AeiOKm0

mootz
02-13-2020, 05:55 PM
thanks crazed as I said in the box above everything is fine now, was just that night

Marley
02-13-2020, 08:48 PM
did you change the tv to ru ?

mootz
02-19-2020, 02:26 AM
yes I have thanks

mootz
10-11-2021, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone, I wanted to give an update to my freezing and sound issue's

I have comcast and I use there router, so I've been looking for a VPN router for about 1 year to add on to my existing network.

i have come across a GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl) VPN Secure Travel Gigabit Wireless Router that has VPN built into it, i get nothing for telling you this info.

since i have hooked it up I get no freezing, tv works perfect just like it should. If I do get a freeze all I do is change channel and come back and its fixed.

Ryu
10-12-2021, 12:38 AM
thanks moots. this will help many :)