PDA

View Full Version : Beta Tester Release

Ryu
10-26-2019, 12:15 AM
I think update for Buzz XR4000 is available.
its for Buzz 4 version # 40.379
do it on your own risk.

dishuser
10-26-2019, 01:04 AM
do it on your own risk.

what risk?
everything is tested before release

Marley
10-26-2019, 03:07 AM
maybe because you cant go back to your old setting if anything goes wrong

Ryu
10-26-2019, 03:30 AM

thanks Marley for understanding :)

crazed 9.6
10-26-2019, 04:38 AM
thnx Ryu :)

Here is where we are at with the XR4000 updates..

Firmware - v20191003 -- Oct 3 release.
IPTV Buzz 4 -v4.0.377 -- Oct 23 release to test boxes.
IPTV Buzz 4 - v4.0.379 -- Oct 25 public release.

Opening your LiveTV option will bring up this most recent Buzz4 update.
Choose to Install or Cancel.
Install at Own Risk.

Posting the disclaimer in Ryu's post, was and is the correct thing to do (for the site and for Ryu).
It always has been and always will be :)

I loaded the test version from Oct 23 and used it over-night without any issues.
I do not know what was done in fixes or improvements, as I have not kept up on that end of things.

Loaded the newest Oct 25 version and all went smooth :)

Ryu
10-26-2019, 04:41 AM
my pleasure crazed and thanks for the info :).

kielbear
10-26-2019, 09:46 AM
Hi .. Thanks for the info..

I have tried to update my box from the Livetv option but nothing happened.. there was no further info or update.

I also tried using the utilites option using v20191003 -- Oct 3 release that "no updates available"

any tips

Thanks

Ryu
10-26-2019, 12:17 PM

I have tried to update my box from the Livetv option but nothing happened.. there was no further info or update.

I also tried using the utilites option using v20191003 -- Oct 3 release that "no updates available"

any tips

Thanks
I don't have that box so don't know exactly but try first to make sure what version you have? Then go to live tv and leave it open on one channel for around 10 minutes. If nothing then maybe factory reset and try again and see if that helps. save your all info and factory reset it on your own risk. Let us know please.

dishuser
10-26-2019, 02:18 PM

why can't you go back?

Marley
10-26-2019, 04:13 PM
now dont shoot me but i think once embedded into the box you cant go back i know the dreambox you cant go back once this is done it locks into memory and fresh factory reset wont bring it back to old setting thats why the warning and yes sometime the new screws up something they didnt check and a fix update happens or just new update now this is just my understanding thats why i says dont shoot me lol

crazed 9.6
10-26-2019, 08:08 PM
If this was a firmware update, then no you could not revert back to older firmware (unless the Team does it for you), but this is an IPTV Buzz 4 app update and does not include a firmware update.
So theoretically you could revert back to an older Buzz4 app.
You would have to delete the newly installed Buzz 4 app thru you Settings functions and then go to Market and install an older version of the app.
But upon looking in the Apitode Market, I do not see any version of the Buzz IPTV app available in there.
So, unless I missed something then no, the user can not revert back to an older Buzz IPTV version.

I had a glitch with another box (not a Buzz box) that also recently sent out an IPTV update.
So what I did was delete that app and re-installed it from the market and all went well with that.

crazed 9.6
10-26-2019, 08:12 PM

any tips

Thanks

Open your LiveTV and then use the Menu button to bring up the side-bar menu.
Look down at the very bottom of that menu to see what Buzz 4 IPTV version is currently installed on your box.

This update will not be seen in the Utilities menus or in the Update menu. It only appears once the LiveTV has been accessed.
Disconnect from internet and reconnect, may help.

dishuser
10-26-2019, 08:39 PM
If this was a firmware update, then no you could not revert back to older firmware (unless the Team does it for you), but this is an IPTV Buzz 4 app update and does not include a firmware update.
So theoretically you could revert back to an older Buzz4 app.
You would have to delete the newly installed Buzz 4 app thru you Settings functions and then go to Market and install an older version of the app.
But upon looking in the Apitode Market, I do not see any version of the Buzz IPTV app available in there.
So, unless I missed something then no, the user can not revert back to an older Buzz IPTV version.

I had a glitch with another box (not a Buzz box) that also recently sent out an IPTV update.
So what I did was delete that app and re-installed it from the market and all went well with that.

if you factory reset it goes back to original app

crazed 9.6
10-26-2019, 08:40 PM
if you factory reset it goes back to original app

good to know, thnx

Marley
10-26-2019, 09:35 PM
what your saying is true it all up to the coder some give out info but for most part like big guys no way why because then you can ez clone that box i seen that happen to t6 and few others but again this is what i was reading and saw truly i believe they lock there box so when you update that fireware that's it even older box i had they gave you a backwards firmware think the box was avov

NBS
10-26-2019, 11:58 PM
so is 379 public?

dishuser
10-27-2019, 12:19 AM
so is 379 public?

not that I know of
seems the cat is out of the bag though

NBS
10-27-2019, 12:26 AM
not that I know of
seems the cat is out of the bag though

thanks DU..I didnt think so but he has released without notice before

dishuser
10-27-2019, 12:42 AM
thanks DU..I didnt think so but he has released without notice before

it would have been a fluke seeing as he never said it was public

nob0dy
10-27-2019, 01:07 AM
I don't understand the big secret . :confused:

NBS
10-27-2019, 01:11 AM

no secret ,file has not been released by buzz yet

nob0dy
10-27-2019, 01:24 AM
no secret ,file has not been released by buzz yet

oh alright ;x ... now i see what all the excitement is all about .. thankyou old friend i was so confused LoL ;x

dishuser
10-27-2019, 02:34 AM

some people shouldn't be beta testers since they don't understand the concept

crazed 9.6
10-27-2019, 03:26 AM
some people shouldn't be beta testers since they don't understand the concept

I took it for granted that it was public.
I been guilty of this before, since I have no way in knowing if the releases are public or private :eek:

dishuser
10-27-2019, 03:28 AM
I been guilty of this before, since I have no way in knowing if the releases are public or private :eek:

you didn't start the thread

crazed 9.6
10-27-2019, 04:05 AM
you didn't start the thread

No, but as I mentioned that I too have been guilty of this before.
It's tough when I do not know if it is a beta tester release or otherwise. Even when someone else posts the update, it would do me good if I knew weather or not it was private or public.. Then I could do my moderator 'skills' and either delete the post or sticky it ...
I did stuck this one when I saw it :eek:

crazed 9.6
10-27-2019, 04:17 AM
okay wait a second... I am more guilty then I previously let on.
Here is why...
I saw this thread and after I fixed any confusiion about the "Use at Own Risk' thing, I did go looking.
I went to buzzTv site where they post releases, but last post was for an xpl3000 box and nothing for the XR(before or after)... so then I went to see what may be seen at main support site (you know tha site) :)
Anyway, I saw Pugs and his post on release notes from the version4.0.365 I think it was. And that was quite some time ago.... But I should have known if this 'release' was not yet posted by Pugs or yourself, then I should have taken for granted that it was not yet public.

lol.... sorry about the drawn out explanation, but as you may see... I do try doing my homework, just does not always work out as it should :)

crazed 9.6
10-27-2019, 04:25 AM
is it time for a tune yet ??

:)

crazed 9.6
10-27-2019, 04:54 AM
okay okay then....

Give er some bass :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6mOLrd6CCQ

dishuser
10-27-2019, 04:56 AM
there ya go

kielbear
10-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Open your LiveTV and then use the Menu button to bring up the side-bar menu.
Look down at the very bottom of that menu to see what Buzz 4 IPTV version is currently installed on your box.

This update will not be seen in the Utilities menus or in the Update menu. It only appears once the LiveTV has been accessed.
Disconnect from internet and reconnect, may help.

I tried that yesterday and this morning i did a factory reset.. when that was finished i was still on the release v20191003 -- Oct 3 release and again "no updates available"

Kuul Media announced the new Firmenware on FB.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/kuulmedia/

BUZZTV MASSIVE FW UPDATES!!!
*** P L E A S E R E A D ***
New Buzztv 4000
Version 4.0.370

i´ve asked them for help.. possibly they´ll get back on Monday..

dishuser
10-27-2019, 02:18 PM
I tried that yesterday and this morning i did a factory reset.. when that was finished i was still on the release v20191003 -- Oct 3 release and again "no updates available"

Kuul Media announced the new Firmenware on FB..

BUZZTV MASSIVE FW UPDATES!!!
New Buzztv 4000
Version 4.0.370

IT'S NOT A PUBLIC RELEASE
and read the rules about posting live links

NBS
10-27-2019, 03:05 PM

we are pretty good at posting the release notes
Then its public...lol

NBS
10-27-2019, 03:12 PM
I tried that yesterday and this morning i did a factory reset.. when that was finished i was still on the release [I]v20191003 -- Oct 3 release and again "no updates available"

[COLOR=#1D2129]BUZZTV MASSIVE FW UPDATES!!!
New Buzztv 4000
Version 4.0.370

they cant help you as thats the file that should be on your box
No idea why kuul would announce it ,typical dealer

nob0dy
10-27-2019, 07:17 PM
dishuser=id some people shouldn't be beta testers since they don't understand the concept

i wasn't aware of any beta test going on , i haven't been following STB's at all ....

so what you're saying is this firmware was still in beta and WASN'T released to the public .... BUT the OP and the person posting on FBI book RELEASED IT ??

are these people actually apart of a beta test group private or is it beta public and they posted it ?

dishuser
10-27-2019, 08:40 PM
i wasn't aware of any beta test going on , i haven't been following STB's at all ....

so what you're saying is this firmware was still in beta and released to the public .... by the OP and the person posting on FBI book ??

are these people actually apart of a beta test group private or is it beta public and they posted it ?just cause they post about the beta version was released doesn't mean it was to public
my point is in starting this thread just causes confusion to the public as you can see by kielbear trying to update their box and failing

Ryu
10-27-2019, 09:55 PM
just cause they post about the beta version was released doesn't mean it was to public
my point is in starting this thread just causes confusion to the public as you can see by kielbear trying to update their box and failing

people who I heard never said it was beta or never seen beta anywhere.
I know couple of people who just bought and got that update and they were never part of beta.
people who told me version 40.370 but what crazed posted is version 4.0.379.
this thread does not cause any confusion beascue post # 1 clear states update for buzz 4 not OS update.
kielbear does not know different between OS and buzz 4 update does not mean this thread is confusing.
and last as usual you are taking this thread completing wrong direction.

dishuser
10-27-2019, 10:21 PM
do it on your own risk.

people who I heard never said it was beta or never seen beta anywhere.
I know couple of people who just bought and got that update and they were never part of beta.
people who told me version 40.370 but what crazed posted is version 4.0.379.
this thread does not cause any confusion beascue post # 1 clear states update for buzz 4 not OS update.
kielbear does not know different between OS and buzz 4 update does not mean this thread is confusing.
and last as usual you are taking this thread completing wrong direction.

what?
are you sure?

nob0dy
10-27-2019, 10:28 PM
@ dishuser , i think faster then my hands and fingers can type i put the missing words i wanted to saying in HIGH CAPS , but you answered my questions .......

i am pretty sure i know where the main source of all the releases come from , like i said before i am not following any of the STB in general or the firmware being released , and i have no reason to get involved to be honest ..

i am focused on other things right now .. but i believe i understand what your saying ...... someone jumped the gun or a few did actually and boxes are failing ... hence the BETA and not a official release .....

but i will look into it now , i want to see the words BETA or the words experimental testing .. does it say those words ? followed by not a official release ?

dishuser
10-27-2019, 10:31 PM
@ dishuser , i think faster then my hands and fingers can type i put the missing words i wanted to saying in HIGH CAPS , but you answered my questions .......

i am pretty sure i know where the main source of all the releases come from , like i said before i am not following any of the STB in general or the firmware being released , and i have no reason to get involved to be honest ..

i am focused on other things right now .. but i believe i understand what your saying ...... someone jumped the gun or a few did actually and boxes are failing ... hence the BETA and not a official release .....

but i will look into it now , i want to see the words BETA or the words experimental testing .. does it say those words ? followed by not a official release ?

no boxes are failing
public getting this update fails

NBS
10-27-2019, 10:33 PM

,boxes are not failing THe file hasnt been released so they cant get it
Beta files are for testing just like windows 10...lol

nob0dy
10-27-2019, 10:34 PM
no boxes are failing
public getting this update fails

oh ok because its still in BETA and not a official release right ?

NBS
10-27-2019, 10:35 PM
oh ok because its still in BETA and not a official release right ?

thats it..........

nob0dy
10-27-2019, 10:35 PM
10-4 @ NBS .. i am out of this thread over and out ;D