PDA

View Full Version : Development still in progress?

citrus
05-08-2019, 03:00 PM
Are the developers behind this box (or the 3900) still actively working on it? I have both and the PVR functionality does not work reliably and there haven't been any updates since February.

Marley
05-08-2019, 03:50 PM
i'm sure there working on updates but whats wrong with 3900 i have np recording well i did one time it rebooted it shelf but have 4 movies on it now and play back and fast forward work great whats problem do you have they would like to know they read this stuff cant help you on 3000 never used it for that

citrus
05-08-2019, 03:58 PM
It doesnt always record. Youll schedule something record, go to watch it and its not there. Apparently it doesn't handle the dropping of a stream well, maybe the stream is unavailable when it has to start recording, or maybe the stream is cutting in and out during recording. in short, it isn't resilient enough to record despite the conditions. The TV app needs the ability to stay running in the background, so, if you have accidentally closed the TV app, it can fire it up to start a scheduled recording.

Its lacking the ability to set a recurring schedule, such as Monday to Friday at this time, or on a particular day, etc. You can only set a schedule on a date within 7 days of the current date, and you have to keep doing this every time for a recurring show.

It doesnt have the ability to instant replay / catch up a live stream. Sometimes you just want to see something again quickly, and you want to press a button to go back 15 seconds. Also, some times you just want to skip ahead a few seconds. Essentially, it should maintain a buffer all the time, regardless of whether or not you have set a stream to record so it can have this capability.

dishuser
05-08-2019, 04:11 PM
It doesnt always record. Youll schedule something record, go to watch it and its not there. Apparently it doesn't handle the dropping of a stream well, maybe the stream is unavailable when it has to start recording, or maybe the stream is cutting in and out during recording. in short, it isn't resilient enough to record despite the conditions. The TV app needs the ability to stay running in the background, so, if you have accidentally closed the TV app, it can fire it up to start a scheduled recording.

Its lacking the ability to set a recurring schedule, such as Monday to Friday at this time, or on a particular day, etc. You can only set a schedule on a date within 7 days of the current date, and you have to keep doing this every time for a recurring show.

It doesnt have the ability to instant replay / catch up a live stream. Sometimes you just want to see something again quickly, and you want to press a button to go back 15 seconds. Also, some times you just want to skip ahead a few seconds. Essentially, it should maintain a buffer all the time, regardless of whether or not you have set a stream to record so it can have this capability.

the service you use needs catchup

citrus
05-08-2019, 04:13 PM
I'm suggesting that Buzz could consider adding this functionality in order to make it work with providers who don't provide catchup.
I've emailed buzz about this before and they suggested they were working on adding this feature, however that was many months ago, hence my question if development was ongoing.

dishuser
05-08-2019, 04:28 PM
I'm suggesting that Buzz could consider adding this functionality in order to make it work with providers who don't provide catchup.
I've emailed buzz about this before and they suggested they were working on adding this feature, however that was many months ago, hence my question if development was ongoing.

I haven't seen it mentioned for next release

PayPerView
05-09-2019, 03:09 AM

I've been told Buzz is still working on updates for their boxes. I posted a little while back about some issues and NBS (the guy who seems to be the Buzz liaison) said they are working on those issues except the record. He said they would have to look into it. That's the last I heard about it.

There is a definite recording issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When the recording fails, there is a file on the SD card but it just won't play saying "unknown stream format". Catch up may be a good feature offered by the serer, but the Buzz box needs to be able to reliably record a program. I use IPTV66 and I couldn't tell you if they offer catch up or not, and if they do I sure don't know how to use it. I want my recording capability.

dishuser
05-09-2019, 03:53 AM
I have no issues recording on the fly or scheduled

citrus
05-09-2019, 11:53 AM
I have no issues recording on the fly or scheduled

Apparently you've been fortunate :-) For me, it has almost never worked properly.

David S
05-09-2019, 11:58 AM
Is there an approx release date for the next update? I still and a number of friends still have a problem since the Feb update with Favorites not working in VOD.

dishuser
05-09-2019, 10:31 PM
Apparently you've been fortunate :-) For me, it has almost never worked properly.

this might be why
a recording can be cut off if the channel you're recording has been buffering a lot/more then 15 seconds while its recording.
The issue with not being able to fix this, is because pretty much all server providers use Dynamic Urls for their streams, so if a channel buffers long enough it restarts and therefore creates a new URL and the recording was being done on the previous url.

citrus
05-09-2019, 10:37 PM
Ok, I'm curious as to why if they know this it cannot simply resume the recording at the new URL or, start a new recording at the new URL? Maybe I am oversimplifying this, as I am not a developer.

dishuser
05-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Ok, I'm curious as to why if they know this it cannot simply resume the recording at the new URL or, start a new recording at the new URL? Maybe I am oversimplifying this, as I am not a developer.
my guess is cause new url wasn't set in the recording of channel

PayPerView
05-10-2019, 03:22 AM
my guess is cause new url wasn't set in the recording of channel

That's where the flaw lies. The recording process should not depend on a URL or whether a server allows recording, etc.. Data flows into the box, just move that data to a local drive as it comes in. Recording should be box dependent and not rely on any other factors. This is a process that can be programmed into the box. If a video buffers, the buffer gets recorded, no need for the recording to just stop. Youtube does not allow you to record but I have software that records anything and everything I want from Youtube in real time right on to my hard drive with no hickups. I know for a fact it's possible.

dishuser
05-10-2019, 04:09 AM
That's where the flaw lies. The recording process should not depend on a URL or whether a server allows recording, etc.. Data flows into the box, just move that data to a local drive as it comes in. Recording should be box dependent and not rely on any other factors. This is a process that can be programmed into the box. If a video buffers, the buffer gets recorded, no need for the recording to just stop. Youtube does not allow you to record but I have software that records anything and everything I want from Youtube in real time right on to my hard drive with no hickups. I know for a fact it's possible.and is the software you use compatible with android?

PayPerView
05-10-2019, 01:40 PM
and is the software you use compatible with android?

It's compatible with Linux so....yeah. Since it is possible, Buzz just needs to rewrite the record capability into their app.

dishuser
05-10-2019, 01:50 PM
It's compatible with Linux so....yeah. Since it is possible, Buzz just needs to rewrite the record capability into their app.

maybe you should tell what the software is

bingoz
05-10-2019, 03:02 PM
app called Peggo comes into play. It allows you to rip audio from YouTube videos in two quick taps, and it can even download the actual video in full HD. The best part about all of this is that it works on Android, so you don't even have to get off your couch to try it out. ....not in google app store ............but you can get it here ....

https://rapidgator.net/file/2e694aa780177684eb76775d487693d2/Peggo.apk.html

dishuser
05-10-2019, 05:18 PM
recording youtube is not like recording a stream
url for youtube remains constant

PayPerView
05-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Again, it shouldn't matter if the URL changes. Data flows into the box regardless of where it comes from. Once in the box the data can simply be moved to a local drive and saved....hence recorded video.

dishuser
05-10-2019, 10:53 PM
Again, it shouldn't matter if the URL changes. Data flows into the box regardless of where it comes from. Once in the box the data can simply be moved to a local drive and saved....hence recorded video.

developers said it does matter

dishuser
05-10-2019, 11:51 PM
if you press record and it's recording from url 123 and switches to url 124 how would it know?

citrus
05-11-2019, 01:53 AM
if you press record and it's recording from url 123 and switches to url 124 how would it know?

The same way the TV app knows when a stream comes back after 15-20s of buffering. We don't have to do anything for the stream to resume, if figures it out by itself, so why can't the PVR do the same?

dishuser
05-11-2019, 02:16 AM
The same way the TV app knows when a stream comes back after 15-20s of buffering. We don't have to do anything for the stream to resume, if figures it out by itself, so why can't the PVR do the same?
because record has url in it
url changes it goes to blank cause it recording from a dead feed

I'm not sure why this isn't understood

citrus
05-11-2019, 01:38 PM
because record has url in it
url changes it goes to blank cause it recording from a dead feed

I'm not sure why this isn't understood

I am looking at it from this standpoint.

If the TV app has the ability to resume a stream after buffering for more than 20 seconds with no user interaction required, I ASSUME this means the TV app has the ability to detect the new stream URL. So, assuming that is correct, I do not understand why the PVR app cannot do the same and just start a NEW recording to continue recording the show once the new URL for the stream has been detected.

I understand what you are saying regarding the URL being set at the time of creating the scheduled recording. What I don't understand is why the PVR app cannot simply "query" the channel to ensure that stream URL is still valid, and if it is not, grab the new stream URL from the TV app to either resume the recording or, make a new file to pick up where it left off using the new URL.

Dodgeit1
05-11-2019, 01:56 PM
You can only do so much with these little boxes and to much of one thing may mess up another.If the developer says it can't be done without a steady Url then it can't be done.You may see things change as time goes on and hardware and software gets better.They need to keep things economical for the user.

citrus
05-11-2019, 02:23 PM
I think you're missing my point, if the code is already in place in the TV app itself for it to detect when there is a new url for a stream (while you are watching live) I don't understand why that same code can't be shared with the PVR code.

Dodgeit1
05-11-2019, 02:59 PM
I think you're missing my point, if the code is already in place in the TV app itself for it to detect when there is a new url for a stream (while you are watching live) I don't understand why that same code can't be shared with the PVR code.Your missing our point.The developer says it can't be done and then it can't be done.They are not new at what they do and they have provided a good box for the end user.I'm sure they will put out newer boxes and continue to support this box.

citrus
05-11-2019, 09:34 PM
I will email and correspond with buzz directly. I'm not going to waste my time arguing here, since no one here is the developer. That is unless someone here is going to present themselves as an official developer or as authorized to speak on their behalf. No one here has made that claim. I started this thread to find it a development was still in progress, not to argue about how features should or should not work.

dishuser
05-11-2019, 09:38 PM
I will email and correspond with buzz directly. I'm not going to waste my time arguing here, since no one here is the developer. That is unless someone here is going to present themselves as an official developer or as authorized to speak on their behalf. No one here has made that claim. I started this thread to find it a development was still in progress, not to argue about how features should or should not work.

when figure out how to do it let buzz know
until then http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?40688-Development-still-in-progress&p=255104&viewfull=1#post255104

NBS
05-12-2019, 01:40 AM

you will be talking to the same person who dishuser quoted saying it could not be done

Znix
05-13-2019, 11:28 AM
Record based on channel wrapper rather than actual stream url...current method passes stream url to record routines rather than channel ids with associated stream url.

citrus
05-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Record based on channel wrapper rather than actual stream url...current method passes stream url to record routines rather than channel ids with associated stream url.

100%. Grabbing the current Stream URL is a bad idea, especially if you are setting something to record 4-5 days later, when in almost 100% certainty, the URL will have changed. That would explain why almost nothing I scheduled to record many days in advance ever did successfully. The PVR should "tune in" to that channel to get the current Stream URL at the time of recording, not at the time of setting the recording schedule.

Marley
05-14-2019, 03:20 PM
now that is truly right should record what on that time frame not url on that day that's where the problem is when or if its done that way

citrus
06-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Sadly, I am starting to think that development on this device has been abandoned. No updates since February and they are no longer responding to emails.

dishuser
06-18-2019, 01:15 PM
Sadly, I am starting to think that development on this device has been abandoned. No updates since February and they are no longer responding to emails.
if that were true then why am I using 297?

David S
06-18-2019, 01:39 PM
Hey dishuser ,,Where and when did you get 297?
The rest of us are on 247 from Feb. I think.

citrus
06-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Clearly you know something that we don't, since they have gone silent on email and the updates page still shows 247 from February as the latest. So, can you provide more information as to this 297 update please?

Dodgeit1
06-18-2019, 08:33 PM
Clearly you know something that we don't, since they have gone silent on email and the updates page still shows 247 from February as the latest. So, can you provide more information as to this 297 update please? You probably will find out when it's ready to be released to the public.

NBS
06-18-2019, 08:53 PM
You probably will find out when it's ready to be released to the public.

Exactly....

Rinny
06-18-2019, 11:45 PM
How’s it running on 297 file ?!
Am on 247 having problems with the VOD or is there a problem with the VOD ?! Live TV running fine.. on 247

Rinny
06-19-2019, 12:29 AM
Rocket am using just wonder
Will plug my Mag in and try also

Rinny
06-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Mag box 254 324 322 movies run flawless

Buzz 3000 there is a problem with the VOD

NBS
06-19-2019, 12:46 AM
Mag box 254 324 322 movies run flawless

Buzz 3000 there is a problem with the VOD

have you tried other players?

crazed 9.6
06-19-2019, 12:48 AM
Have not noticed any problems (or at least not any consistent problems) with VODs, with either v.247 or v.297
MAC portals or M3u portals.

Rinny
06-19-2019, 01:20 AM
Just loaded the Mac and using the stock player ?! There’s options?! If so how do I go about this

Rinny
06-19-2019, 01:27 AM
You mean the Buzz tv 2 app ?! Am trying this now

Rinny
06-19-2019, 01:54 AM
Ok please check if you guys have time
The movie on VOD
The Haunting of Borley Factory
Play from the 7:45 time mark
glitching everytime at the same mark

It maybe the movie when loaded onto the server ?!

dishuser
06-19-2019, 02:31 AM
The movie on VOD

what about other vod's?

Rinny
06-19-2019, 02:32 AM
Testing now seems better....

Rinny
06-19-2019, 03:11 AM
Still some glitches

Shooty
06-19-2019, 04:55 PM
The movie on VOD

Many VOD items have glitch's in the data, causing playback to stop at the same spot every time.
Workaround is to pause before the glitch, and FF or click ahead on the Timeline.

Rinny
06-20-2019, 05:48 AM
This box still having problems on the VOD movies pausing and or you call glitching..
Live tv fine
Is there settings I should know on this buzz 3000
I have 3 box all the same
My other boxes that are mags very little problems on the same movies

dishuser
06-20-2019, 10:55 AM
This box still having problems on the VOD movies pausing and or you call glitching..
Live tv fine
Is there settings I should know on this buzz 3000
I have 3 box all the same
My other boxes that are mags very little problems on the same movieswhich video player are you using?

Rinny
06-20-2019, 05:45 PM
Just what’s on the stock box

dishuser
06-20-2019, 07:23 PM
Just what’s on the stock box

menu/configuration
you have options

Rinny
06-20-2019, 07:55 PM
Ok I’ll check out am new to this Box
Thanks

Rinny
06-20-2019, 08:03 PM
Wondering what player the best to use?!
I take it I need to download a player onto the bottom bar on the homepage?!

dishuser
06-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Wondering what player the best to use?!
I take it I need to download a player onto the bottom bar on the homepage?!

live tv or vod/menu/configuration/video player
and also in aptoide/market you can download players

Rinny
06-20-2019, 08:17 PM
What player the best to use for VOD
And to use
Secondary
Internal

dishuser
06-20-2019, 08:26 PM
What player the best to use for VOD
And to use
Secondary
Internal
try them all to see what works best for you

Rinny
06-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Thanks for your help
I’ll play around

Rinny
06-20-2019, 10:40 PM
Wish I knew how to switch players lol
Or delete from the desktop

dishuser
06-20-2019, 10:58 PM

what desktop?
I already told you how to switch players

Rinny
06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
what desktop?
I already told you how to switch players

Video players
Secondary
Internal
Old

There all Buzz tv 2

dishuser
06-20-2019, 11:31 PM
Video players
Secondary
Internal
Old

There all Buzz tv 2
myself I switch between default and old
you can't record with secondary or internal

Rinny
06-20-2019, 11:45 PM
myself I switch between default and old
you can't record with secondary or internal

I have live tv on default
And buffer at 7

VOD on internal
Buffer on 7
Seems much better!!
When switching movies this error comes up just keep press ok and the movie plays

Sorry for being a pain lol

Thanks sweet Hobby I say

sergers
06-21-2019, 02:57 AM
They definately still developing.

New feature to come is support for streaming lines and m3u playlists.

I have been using streaming line rather than mac based on the build dish user mentioned.

They still tweaking some stuff, hence why not generally released

Shooty
06-21-2019, 05:01 PM
Here is some info from a past Post > http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?33791-player-settings-in-buzz-3000
Basically you would normally load a preferred player (MX Player, VLC etc.), onto your STB, then choose it as your secondary or external player.
I recommend mx player.

Rinny
06-21-2019, 10:53 PM
I downloaded the MX player
How do you change from the Buzz TV 2 player to MX ?
You press on internal or secondary it brings up the buzz tv 2

dishuser
06-21-2019, 10:57 PM
it doesn't leave the app when you choose a different player

Shooty
06-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Sorry!!!
I assumed it, (the Buzz app), allowed choosing an external video player, (like STB Emu, whSmarters, Kodi, and most other apps).
After digging deeper, I cannot find any info on how to do it.
Buzz uses the ijkplayer, which interfaces with ffmpeg, as far as i can tell.
My apologies!
MX Player is a great player for any video you have, so it is not a waste of time.

dishuser
06-22-2019, 03:44 PM
Sorry!!!
I assumed it, (the Buzz app), allowed choosing an external video player, (like STB Emu, whSmarters, Kodi, and most other apps).
After digging deeper, I cannot find any info on how to do it.
Buzz uses the ijkplayer, which interfaces with ffmpeg, as far as i can tell.
My apologies!
MX Player is a great player for any video you have, so it is not a waste of time.
so if you have mx player and choose secondary you don't think it's using mx?

Shooty
06-22-2019, 07:42 PM
so if you have mx player and choose secondary you don't think it's using mx?
I don't have a Buzz available to play with at this time, but normally you would have to select which Player you want to use as an alternate (ie; If VLC and MX are available to use, app needs to be set).
Ex: with STBemu, you set app to use external player, then select from a list. (if I remember correctly!)
*Actually, this Internal or Secondary confuses me?

Rinny
06-24-2019, 12:24 AM
It keeps referring to the Buzz tv 2 app if you choose internal or secondary player there’s no way to change that I can see!!

dishuser
06-24-2019, 12:59 AM
It keeps referring to the Buzz tv 2 app if you choose internal or secondary player there’s no way to change that I can see!!

you did change it if you selected secondary player and have a secondary player installed on the box

Rinny
06-24-2019, 05:45 AM
Tired everything
Unless you know different?!

dishuser
06-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Tired everything
Unless you know different?!

what happens when you select secondary player?

Rinny
06-24-2019, 01:29 PM
Same just one option Buzz tv 2 popped up to choose from

dishuser
06-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Same just one option Buzz tv 2 popped up to choose fromI already posted it doesn't leave app when you select a different player
that would be pointless

PayPerView
06-26-2019, 04:22 AM
I already posted it doesn't leave app when you select a different player
that would be pointless

I think the point they are trying to make is (and I believe there is some confusion here as well), when you select secondary player a pop up window shows up saying "BuzzTV 2". I think they think this is the player that is being offered and when they select "use this player" the BuzzTV 2 player is what is being used. They are not being offered any other selection. I believe the confusion lies with the popup window's title BuzzTV 2...this is only the title of the window, not the player being used.

In turn, I also believe the point they are trying to make is, how do you select the secondary player you want to use. Selecting "secondary player" will select a secondary player, but which one did it select? Did the Buzz app select MX Player, did it select VLC Player, did it select Perfect Player or another of the other 15 or more media players one might have installed on their box. When selecting secondary player, you should be presented with a list of installed media players that you can select from. You currently don't get that option.

I believe these are the points they are trying to make.

Rinny
06-26-2019, 06:18 AM
Thank you
Payperview

crazed 9.6
06-26-2019, 06:36 AM
I can help too and maybe clear one thing up for us.
The BuzzTV is not a Player, it is an application (is what dish had sorta explained already). The BuzzTV will have a Default Player onboard, which is prolly a version of a Hilscon Player or something like that.
So when you see the pop-up message appear and is headed with BuzzTV2.... what that is , is simply BuzzTV indicating that it is them that is making a statement.
Kinda like if I say... 'I crazed, here by am telling you that if you change Players, then recording will not work'
Crazed is not the name of the Player, crazed is the name of the guy making the statement.

If you have no other Player installed, then choosing the Secondary Player will just sit there and spin, cause there is no 'secondary' Player installed.

While the Internal Player is that Hilscon Player (or other) which I mentioned earlier and there are two versions of it, the Old and New (might not be Hilscon but will be a Player(s) of some brand, but not named BUZZTV as that is the complete application of players and all other things needed for an IPTV app to work).

I think ... :)

Shooty
06-26-2019, 04:45 PM
Just a note FYI...
The internal player is the ijkplayer (Android/iOS video player based on FFmpeg n2.8, with MediaCodec)

I set up a Buzz 3000 yesterday and the update states a fix for a recording bug with the "Default Player".
There is no way to send video to an external player, as far as I can see in the code.

sergers
06-27-2019, 05:07 AM
Yeah buzzt doesn't use external players at all.

It uses embedded players, different versions.
Some with just sw decoding, secondary with hw decoding a well.

It doesn't call mxplayer installed separatelu on buzztv to load the video in the app , not sure why people mentioning it does

dishuser
06-27-2019, 12:52 PM
Yeah buzzt doesn't use external players at all.

It uses embedded players, different versions.
Some with just sw decoding, secondary with hw decoding a well.

It doesn't call mxplayer installed separatelu on buzztv to load the video in the app , not sure why people mentioning it does
it's my understanding that mx is the secondary player
that's why it comes pre installed