PDA

View Full Version : Had auto update on Kodi&it updated to 18-sub doesn't work now!

puckett59
01-30-2019, 05:05 AM
Everything was working fine with 17.6(using potato&iptv xtra).With kodi 18 it will not open iptv channels but it will open vod....on the same box I have spmc&mygica and they both are working with the sub....any thoughts?I'm not real tech savvy,is there a way to get back 17.6 &not lose all the stuff I have on kodi?And if so can somebody point me in the right direction to do this?Thanks and have a nice day....

hapy
02-02-2019, 12:11 AM
Mine updated and froze on the opening Kodi screen. "Movies" is highlighted. I cannot go anywhere on that screen. I have a Formuler Z7. I have to use the home button to get out. I also would not like to lose everything. It looks like i will have to uninstall and then reinstall.
hapy

puckett59
02-02-2019, 11:22 PM
Had to delete kodi 18& reinstall 17.6 and start from scratch.hard to believe more people aren't having or posting about this?

hapy
02-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Had to delete kodi 18& reinstall 17.6 and start from scratch.hard to believe more people aren't having or posting about this?

I agree. I was doing a software update for the Z7+ and right after the update was done, the Kodi update started.
puckett59, after you did the reinstall it didn't update?

hapy

andkaal
02-03-2019, 09:25 PM
The problem I see with the new Leia 18 there is no PVR clients in the settings. :confused:Simple Client is no where to be found. :mad:Maybe I'm missing something. Will play with it later. andkaal

puckett59
02-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Well after reinstalling 17.6 2 days ago&having updates turned off,when I turned it on today....Boom! it updated to 18....and of course iptv doesn't work but vod will?but sub will still work in MyGica&spmc....I'm not very tech savvy,so until there's (hopefully)some news about this.I'm glad I have these kodi forks that work.

1881willy
02-03-2019, 10:08 PM
The problem I see with the new Leia 18 there is no PVR clients in the settings. :confused:Simple Client is no where to be found. :mad:Maybe I'm missing something. Will play with it later. andkaal

If you go to settings then addons and go down to search and type PVR you should find all the PVR Clients and you can install which ever one you want. Cheers

andkaal
02-04-2019, 01:43 AM
If you go addons and go down to search and type PVR you should find all the PVR Clients and you can install which ever one you want. Cheers

Thanks brother. I'll try it tomorrow with fire stick ... andkaal:o

Autoroam
02-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Sad to hear...this is my worst nightmare.
I hae auto updates turned off for everything on my shield...I installed my 17.6 direct fm Kodi website

duhhud
02-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Autoroam..on the Sheild make sure to uninstall kodi 18 using the play store first.then turn auto updates off for the play store then install 17.6..good luck..........you should be able to update other app manually with the play store after that.

puckett59
02-05-2019, 06:26 PM
My kodi 17.6 updated to 18 again but this time through the pvr channels are working....I'm not very tech savvy so I don't understand why on the kodi forks I have(SPMC&MyGica)the potato&iptvxtra add-on will load channels and work but not on kodi 18?but I am really glad to get sub working on 18 through pvr!Have a nice&safe day everybody.

Netconn
02-05-2019, 10:26 PM
I just turned my STB on, Kodi 18 came one the screen and said I needed a PVR setup. I clicked on Simple Client, it downloaded and in a few seconds everything was working. I don't really like the new screens when changing channels but oh well.. It works... Update. I don't like it!

curgs
02-11-2019, 03:18 PM
also seems with this kodi 18 update I am now getting error when trying to watch a movie that no player found

Netconn
02-16-2019, 06:49 PM
What a POS!!! Nothing stops Kodi from installing 18. Oh well, guess I'm going to have to deal with it. I prefer 17.6

andkaal
03-22-2019, 07:20 PM
If you go to settings then addons and go down to search and type PVR you should find all the PVR Clients and you can install which ever one you want. Cheers

1881willy....Thank you good friend. :oFinally did it exactly like you said, and worked like a charm.:o

Lowteck
03-27-2019, 02:50 AM
I have had several people tele me to disable Apotide and some tell me to go to google store and disable auto update. I have done both and had a box yesterday to update to 18.1 within an hour of instillation. I went back today and set it back to 17.6 and then went 40 miles to another persons house to do the same and got a call from the last update and his had updated to 18.1 again after doing everything I have been told to do. I sure hope someone has an effective solution to this. I like to use builds and they take a long time after you do an additional list of apps. Please someone have an answer! I have only had my box do this once, but I try to never turn my box off. It is the same as the others.

dishuser
03-27-2019, 03:42 AM
weird
I uninstalled kodi 18.1 and installed 17.6
never did anything and a month later still at 17.6
also have a buzz 3000 that came with 17.6 and still is

Lowteck
03-28-2019, 04:26 PM
Found these instructions in my last search. I had already done this but I went through it again:

How to Turn Off Automatic Updates on Android TV – Stop Kodi From Updating

1. First, launch the Google Play Store from the main menu of your Android TV box.
2. Click the hamburger menu icon button in the corner of the app store.
3. Select My Apps and Games
4. Scroll down until you are hovered onto Kodi and select it
5. Uncheck auto update

This will stop Kodi from updating automatically in the future.

Found this on KODI tips!

Lowteck
03-29-2019, 05:11 PM
Well my friend had his box update to 18.1 again. Since I had gone through what I posted above, I asked him if he had a Google account, found out that he does. Email! and other. I talked him through how to do the above instructions and next week I will visit him again! Let you know:o:cool:

duhhud
03-29-2019, 06:57 PM
why play around if you want 17.6.just install a fork use spmc 17.6a2 and be done with it.. then if you have a build you saved just put it on spmc.

Shooty
03-30-2019, 06:53 PM
If you install from an approved source (Google Playstore etc.), it will auto-update unless you turn off auto-updating.
If you download from Kodi, it will not auto update, but will inform you of newer releases.

If you want an old version of Kodi, you can get it here;
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/
Most Android STB's would use 32 bit v7arm.

Lowteck
04-02-2019, 08:20 PM
I talked to my friend and found out that he has gmail and a playstore account. I guess this explains why his is updating every day, even twice in one day. I talked him through, turning off the update. Even though the KODI 17.6 that I have came from the KODI site and I installed in from this source on his box, I guess play store recognized his box and updated like it came from them. After running KODI 17.6 on my box for almost a year without trouble, it did update last week. I feel that this was a push for powers that bee wanted them to migrate to 18.1. Just My Thought!

Marley
04-03-2019, 03:04 PM
wow none of my boxes will update kodi un till i want to do that they ask you first ?