PDA

View Full Version : Best ,Most Effective Method to Prevent Buffering

wee-haggis
01-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Looking for opinions.
I have T2 with buffering issues using wifi. Looking for solution.
What in your opinion is the best method to prevent it.
Hard wired LAN Cable...........Dual Band antenna............Powerline Adapter..........Wifi range extender ?
Thanks

Dodgeit1
01-12-2019, 02:56 PM
The best is to be hard wire.There is no way of beating that. I think the next best thing would be power line adapters.Or a router flashed with dd-wrt.Which i have used and worked flawless.

wee-haggis
01-12-2019, 03:38 PM
The best is to be hard wire.There is no way of beating that. I think the next best thing would be power line adapters.Or a router flashed with dd-wrt.Which i have used and worked flawless.

Excuse my ignorance but what is dd-wrt ?

4me2c
01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what is dd-wrt ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD-WRT

kens
01-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Looking for opinions.
I have T2 with buffering issues using wifi. Looking for solution.
What in your opinion is the best method to prevent it.
Hard wired LAN Cable...........Dual Band antenna............Powerline Adapter..........Wifi range extender ?
Thanks

If you get freezing etc. when using wifi, but no freezing using Ethernet cable, you have a reception problem that can be caused by many things.

But you should confirm the cause of the problem first.

Try a couple open IPTV channels (207- CBS News, 227- AlJazeera, 202- Bloomberg, etc.).
*If these channels play without any Freezing, the problem is not your STB or Routers wifi.

You can also try using another application, like Perfect Player, which is a smaller, less resource heavy, application.
This would require you to make a custom playlist from a template, if you have an account with a MAC#.

/kens