PDA

View Full Version : Buzz 3000 Basic Sluggish and Freezing Constantly

topdoggmb
09-13-2018, 03:31 AM
I recently got my Buzztv 3000 Basic (4 Days ago) and it constantly freezes and is very sluggish here is what i have done to try and fix the problem.
-First have looked through the threads for a solution before posting.
-Freezes with Buzztv 2 app HD and SD, Youtube app, Google chrome.
-Done a factory reset made no difference
-Change the network cable and reset my router and Internet Modem no difference.
-Have noticed when it freezes the Orange network light stays on solid.
-Have tried it on WIFI No difference.
-Unplugged everything from my network except the box and still no difference.
-I have 25mb down

So i am kinda lost on what to do, is the box a dud?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

greg
09-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Recheck your internet speed run a speedtest sound like slow internet

floder2
09-13-2018, 04:17 PM
you know the Buzz 3000 Basic had android 7 installed but it created response problems ...so the company sent an update to downgrade to android 6....suppose to work much better...check to see what ver of android is in your box.....if it's 7.1 ..............then you need to take the latest update..........

topdoggmb
09-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the reply's
So i have done a speed test and i get 25mb down all day long also tried the box at a friends house and does the same thing very slow, even when you are not streaming anything when you go from app to app or trying to select something in the main screen it is at time very slow.

@floder2
The box is updated to 7.1.2

floder2
09-13-2018, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the reply's
So i have done a speed test and i get 25mb down all day long also tried the box at a friends house and does the same thing very slow, even when you are not streaming anything when you go from app to app or trying to select something in the main screen it is at time very slow.

@floder2
The box is updated to 7.1.2

And what did my post say ????

floder2
09-13-2018, 10:42 PM
This is an e-mail from Buzztv about the Basic 3000 box ......................

<[email protected]>

Sep 11 at 5:23 PM
Recently over the past month or so we've been downgrading to android 6 which is much faster when using various android apks

topdoggmb
09-14-2018, 01:39 AM
Sorry floder2 I miss understood what you were saying, i thought you asking if i had the latest 7.1 update. That is unfortunate that there saying to downgrade when they are advertising 7.1 so i will be returning this box as i do not want to have to downgrade on a brand new box.
Thank you very much for your help.

dishuser
09-14-2018, 01:41 AM
Sorry floder2 I miss understood what you were saying, i thought you asking if i had the latest 7.1 update. That is unfortunate that there saying to downgrade when they are advertising 7.1 so i will be returning this box as i do not want to have to downgrade on a brand new box.
Thank you very much for your help.

new box will be downgraded
that way it worx good

Aggy
09-14-2018, 02:03 AM
you know the Buzz 3000 Basic had android 7 installed but it created response problems ...so the company sent an update to downgrade to android 6....suppose to work much better...check to see what ver of android is in your box.....if it's 7.1 ..............then you need to take the latest update..........

Is this an OTA update? Just bought a basic buzz for a friend on the weekend and it's on android 7.

dishuser
09-14-2018, 02:58 AM
Is this an OTA update? Just bought a basic buzz for a friend on the weekend and it's on android 7.
it would be found in settings not live tv menu

floder2
09-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Another update from Buzztv..................... Those who have The buzz basic with android 7 ....are stuck with it for now....they can not push a downgrade of android 6 ...........any new basic boxes sold will have android 6
They also said they are working on a way to downgrade existing boxes with android 7...................

Aggy
09-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Another update from Buzztv..................... Those who have The buzz basic with android 7 ....are stuck with it for now....they can not push a downgrade of android 6 ...........any new basic boxes sold will have android 6
They also said they are working on a way to downgrade existing boxes with android 7...................

Oh...I thought you said they pushed an update to android 6 in an earlier post?

topdoggmb
09-14-2018, 09:02 PM

I have also contacted Buzz and have told me the samething

kens
09-14-2018, 09:19 PM

I saw that as strange as well. Maybe a Link to a mod'd file but not a downgraded Update of that magnitude.
You should look for updated video decoder files for the respective chipset in the STB.

/kens

Raees
09-28-2018, 11:43 PM

Hi floder2, is there any update on this issue. I bought this someone and he said there's no exchange so I'm stuck with this.my only hope is buzz team.

floder2
09-29-2018, 04:29 AM
last I heard was they were working on a remote fix to downgrade from android 7 to android 6 for the buzztv basic box......because it works better with android 6................But have not heard if they made any progress...............you could e-mail them and see if you can send the box to them ......they can do it ........but not remotely
here is their email address ............
[email protected]

Raees
09-29-2018, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=floder2;245120]last I heard was they were working on a remote fix to downgrade from android 7 to android 6 for the buzztv basic box......because it works better with android 6................But have not heard if they made any progress...............you could e-mail them and see if you can send the box to them ......they can do it ........but not remotely
here is their email address ............
[email protected][/QUOTE

thank you, I have emailed them.will wait for their reply.

Raees
10-14-2018, 04:36 AM
so I finally got it downgraded and I feel it is working much better. however I think I should have bought the 2gb model.
I also don't like the fact that I can not hide the adult channels.
you tube would not work after updating.tried uninstalling and installing didn't fix it either.

crazed 9.6
10-14-2018, 05:49 AM
I won't edit your post Raees, I will ask you to edit you post thou and remove the digs. (I edited it , had to be done)
It was nor is fair to say that and post about another receiver in this here Buzz forum area.

Raees
10-14-2018, 04:11 PM
I won't edit your post Raees, I will ask you to edit you post thou and remove the digs. (I edited it , had to be done)
It was nor is fair to say that and post about another receiver in this here Buzz forum area.
I apologize crazed. Thank you for editing.

papo
11-16-2018, 03:53 PM
Hi RAEES how you got it downgraded? thank you

Ryu
11-16-2018, 04:50 PM
Hi RAEES how you got it downgraded? thank you

he emailed them. so heres the email and send them your concern. then follow their instruction from there. :)

[email protected]

floder2
11-16-2018, 07:59 PM
so I finally got it downgraded and I feel it is working much better. however I think I should have bought the 2gb model.
I also don't like the fact that I can not hide the adult channels.
you tube would not work after updating.tried uninstalling and installing didn't fix it either.

If your upgrading Youtube via Apptoid ...........delete any youtube you have now ...go to apptoid......choose youtube ....select other versions...and install the next older version of youtube...works fine ...the newest one in Apptoid does not work.......Now it will say there is an update but don't take it...it's the newest ver that does not work in your box...

Ipguy
11-17-2018, 12:58 AM
The Buzztv app is very slow and unresponsive, I have a 2018 box with version 7.1.2
anybody else experiencing the same issues.

dishuser
11-17-2018, 02:06 AM
The Buzztv app is very slow and unresponsive, I have a 2018 box with version 7.1.2
I have a basic and don't experience that

portal,epg,and info all load quickly

Ipguy
11-17-2018, 06:09 AM
I have a lot of boxes but this is my first Buzztv ,if I hit okay nothing happened for a few minutes, totally unresponsive,if this is a normal thing, I'll probably have to returned the box.

floder2
11-17-2018, 03:49 PM
I have a lot of boxes but this is my first Buzztv ,if I hit okay nothing happened for a few minutes, totally unresponsive,if this is a normal thing, I'll probably have to returned the box.

If you have the Buzz-Tv BASIC box with 1gb ram and android 7 ....you may want to contact Buzz about downgrading the Android ver to 6 .......works much better.............

dishuser
11-17-2018, 04:40 PM
If you have the Buzz-Tv BASIC box with 1gb ram and android 7 ....you may want to contact Buzz about downgrading the Android ver to 6 .......works much better.............

they said they do

Ryu
11-17-2018, 05:08 PM

If you have third party apks installed then try to uninstall them first. Hit sweeper button then try again you will see massive improvement. Friend of mine has 1 and works great without third part apks but whenever he tries third party apks then that's where unresponsive game starts. Hope this will help.

dishuser
11-17-2018, 05:27 PM
If you have third party apks installed then try to uninstall them first. Hit sweeper button then try again you will see massive improvement. Friend of mine has 1 and works great without third part apks but whenever he tries third party apks then that's where unresponsive game starts. Hope this will help.they never mentioned using an apk

Ipguy
11-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Thanks a lot guys for all the helpful information

Ryu
11-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Thanks a lot guys for all the helpful information
Sure buddy, no problem at all. That’s why we are here to help each other. Please post your result if you can. Thanks:)