PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update

Capt.Kangaroo
08-31-2018, 07:00 AM
WARNINGS:

FIRMWARE CANNOT BE ROLLED BACK ONCE INSTALLED.
DO NOT USE THIS BETA SOFTWARE IN PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENTS.
Please test and report your findings through the established channels.

Firmware Version: 1.2.34Release Notes:FIX: Stuck in standby mode

FIX: Market > Certain apps not showing in custom markets
FIX: Launcher icons not appearing after reboot
Added discrete Power ON & Power OFF keycodes
Custom Android hostname/device name supported. Change from the system menu
Market shortcut can be deleted from the homescreen
FIX: Installer Mode > SYSPIN issue
FIX: Installer Mode > Langauge preset not working
FIX: Installer Mode > Power mode preference issue
DRIVER: Add Tenda U12 USB WiFi adapter support
Android Security Patch Level : April 2018
General performance enhancements, UI improvements, and bug fixes
Improved Lithuanian language translation

DOL2 / MYTVONLINE Version: 1.9.48

Teletext Subtitles supported
Manual EPG time offset. Access from the Settings menu
Xtream-Codes API portals > TV Series section supported
VOD > Continuous play option added. Press the Green hotkey to toggle
M3U > All tracks from VOD-only m3u list are parsed and used - regardless of stream file extension
M3U > Compressed xmltv EPG archives supported (.gz or .zip)
Automatically hide empty groups/categories
Added stream codec details. View from the detailed information popup window
TV Series Shortcut. Press and hold the VOD button on the remote
Remember last selected subtitle preference per channel
Improved channel icon caching
Improved EPG download performance
FIX: EPG description not displayed when using M3U + XMLTV EPG
FIX: Black subtitle font when only 1 subtitle track is available
FIX: RCU VOD hotkey while in Classic Channel list
General performance enhancements, UI improvements, and bug fixes

crazy carl
08-31-2018, 05:57 PM
Anyone tried it yet?

Capt.Kangaroo
08-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Anyone tried it yet?
I updated my T2 and Formuler last night. Havent been home to really see any improvements yet.
Will be later tonight for me to check any improvements
I did see that the EPG Time was correct or so Im thinking it was. lol

starRyder
08-31-2018, 11:27 PM
Unable to download update stuck on zero. Re-booted box and same results. has the update been pulled?

dizzurp
09-01-2018, 06:45 AM
Please test and report your findings through the established channels.

What are the established channels to report to?

I updated my T2 and Formuler last night. Havent been home to really see any improvements yet.
Will be later tonight for me to check any improvements
I did see that the EPG Time was correct or so Im thinking it was. lol

I updated to the beta version. Will there be any problems when the official version is released or am I going to be on the beta update channel from now on?

Unable to download update stuck on zero. Re-booted box and same results. has the update been pulled?

I just updated less than 5 minutes ago. It's a beta update. Hit the red button on your remote.

crazed 9.6
09-01-2018, 07:16 AM
'established channels' is referring to their online beta testing chat sites. Mostly this refers to the Formuler chat site (Telegram Channel).
We at iptvtalk are also an established channel for the dreamlinks, so reports can be posted here too.

'Official releases' should be seen within a couple to a few weeks, which you will be able to update then without any problems. But if this current beta firmware is loaded now, then you will not be able to roll back to the last Official firmware release.

I have heard so far that the epg may be loading a bit slower with this newest beta DOL/MOL beta release.
But that is the DOL upgrade and not the actual firmware (refer to release designations in Captain's notes from above). You can reinstall the older DOL (or MOL in Formuler's case), but can not roll back the actual firmware from this beta.
You would simply delete the present DOL and then re-install the original DOL or MOL from the market to roll back the DOL/MOL versions.

dizzurp
09-01-2018, 03:38 PM
'established channels' is referring to their online beta testing chat sites. Mostly this refers to the Formuler chat site (Telegram Channel).
We at iptvtalk are also an established channel for the dreamlinks, so reports can be posted here too.

'Official releases' should be seen within a couple to a few weeks, which you will be able to update then without any problems. But if this current beta firmware is loaded now, then you will not be able to roll back to the last Official firmware release.

I have heard so far that the epg may be loading a bit slower with this newest beta DOL/MOL beta release.
But that is the DOL upgrade and not the actual firmware (refer to release designations in Captain's notes from above). You can reinstall the older DOL (or MOL in Formuler's case), but can not roll back the actual firmware from this beta.
You would simply re-install the original DOL or MOL from the market to roll back the DOL/MOL versions.

Cool. Everything seems to be working fine so far.

Thanks for the info! :D

county
09-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Both of my t2 are working perfect so far

Ryu
09-01-2018, 11:05 PM

if you are still stuck at zero and can download software then try this.
click update in settings first
then hit red button
when you see release note then scroll all the way down
now hit ok button and you will be able to download.
hope this will help.:)

dizzurp
09-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Beta IPTV v1.9.48 has been giving me some minor issues ever since I upgraded from v1.9.43

1) There is a 2-5 second delay/lag when you change channels. The information bar at the bottom of the screen will change instantly; however, the picture will still show the previous channel for 2-5 seconds before switching to the new channel.

I've compared it side-by-side with v1.9.43 which doesn't have this issue. With v1.9.43, the information bar and channel will both change at the same time when you change channels.

2) When you press the power button to turn off the box, the light on the front will go away and the picture will go away but the audio will still remain for another few seconds until the box completely shuts off and the red light shows up.

With the previous version 1.9.43 both the audio and video would cut out as soon as you press the power button.

3) There was a picture frozen on the screen after turning on the box from standby. It was a really strange issue.

I can open up the guide, use both the classic and normal channel list, and change channels but no matter what I do it will show the same frozen picture. The audio would change but not the picture. I could even open VOD but no matter what I play it will only play the audio but show the same frozen picture.

I put the box in stand-by again but still the same issue. I also force-closed the app and reconnecting to the portal but still the issue remained.

The video started coming back only after I rebooted the box. However, the app crashed and rebooted itself as soon as I went into VOD.

Bkman2020
09-09-2018, 03:56 AM
im sure a fix is on the way as the sw updated 2 days ago

shenny
09-10-2018, 04:10 PM
No problem with my Beta IPTV v1.9.48.

dizzurp
09-10-2018, 11:33 PM
Beta IPTV v1.9.48 has been giving me some minor issues ever since I upgraded from v1.9.43

1) There is a 2-5 second delay/lag when you change channels. The information bar at the bottom of the screen will change instantly; however, the picture will still show the previous channel for 2-5 seconds before switching to the new channel.

I've compared it side-by-side with v1.9.43 which doesn't have this issue. With v1.9.43, the information bar and channel will both change at the same time when you change channels.

2) When you press the power button to turn off the box, the light on the front will go away and the picture will go away but the audio will still remain for another few seconds until the box completely shuts off and the red light shows up.

With the previous version 1.9.43 both the audio and video would cut out as soon as you press the power button.

3) There was a picture frozen on the screen after turning on the box from standby. It was a really strange issue.

I can open up the guide, use both the classic and normal channel list, and change channels but no matter what I do it will show the same frozen picture. The audio would change but not the picture. I could even open VOD but no matter what I play it will only play the audio but show the same frozen picture.

I put the box in stand-by again but still the same issue. I also force-closed the app and reconnecting to the portal but still the issue remained.

The video started coming back only after I rebooted the box. However, the app crashed and rebooted itself as soon as I went into VOD.

The second issue seems to have resolved itself.

I was unable to replicate the third issue. Hopefully it was just a one time issue.

The first issue remains. v1.9.43 is slightly quicker to flip channels than the beta v1.9.48.