PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a dud buzz 3000?

adrunkguy
08-02-2018, 12:40 PM
I just got this buzz tv about 2 weeks now. Upon startup, it would freeze and I can't hit any menu or turn it off.
I have to manually unplug power and plug it back in. After that, it would work fine. It would do this if I turn it off and use it the next day.
I search and didn't see any issues like this.

I reached out to the seller and they recommend I leave the box on...wouldn't that use power and data?

I have the latest update.

Bkman2020
08-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Do a factory reset and start all over maybe the update didnt install correctly

Aggy
08-02-2018, 08:52 PM
I just got this buzz tv about 2 weeks now. Upon startup, it would freeze and I can't hit any menu or turn it off.
I have to manually unplug power and plug it back in. After that, it would work fine. It would do this if I turn it off and use it the next day.
I search and didn't see any issues like this.

I reached out to the seller and they recommend I leave the box on...wouldn't that use power and data?

I have the latest update.

I think as the other poster said it may be an issue with the update. Yes it will use power and data to keep it on, but seems to be a workaround. I have 3 buzz's and one of them freezes like yours does. No issues with the others. All were factory reset with latest updates. I just keep that one on all the time. I also find turning it off completely rather than standby also avoids the freezing.

adrunkguy
08-02-2018, 10:18 PM
I think as the other poster said it may be an issue with the update. Yes it will use power and data to keep it on, but seems to be a workaround. I have 3 buzz's and one of them freezes like yours does. No issues with the others. All were factory reset with latest updates. I just keep that one on all the time. I also find turning it off completely rather than standby also avoids the freezing.

What do you mean turn it off completely rather than standby? I turn it off by pressing power on remote. Are you cutting off the actual power?

dishuser
08-02-2018, 11:10 PM
What do you mean turn it off completely rather than standby? I turn it off by pressing power on remote. Are you cutting off the actual power?

hold the power button
you then get 3 options

Aggy
08-04-2018, 08:08 PM
hold the power button
you then get 3 options

This. Also I think the power icon on the main screen gets you those option too.

dishuser
08-04-2018, 08:57 PM
This. Also I think the power icon on the main screen gets you those option too.

ya but they're using remote which is quicker

littlebird
08-07-2018, 12:55 AM
did you fix it .?
I have the same problem since I bought the box (six months ago)
thanks

adrunkguy
09-04-2018, 02:43 PM
did you fix it .?
I have the same problem since I bought the box (six months ago)
thanks

yes, holding down power button and switching it to off solve my issue.

It doesn't freezes on poweruup again.

skd-buzz
09-21-2018, 05:41 PM
I am facing the same issue of the box freezing. Sometimes even the remote power buttons or any of the buttons on remote would not respond. I restart the unit and then it works fine.
I have purchased a white basic adapter switch which helps me not to unplug the unit every now and then. Hope this helps.