PDA

View Full Version : How to remove desktop apps

legsdiamo
06-23-2018, 03:52 PM
How do you remove apps from the desktop on the home screen?

crazed 9.6
06-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Those are shortcuts to the app. Even if you delete the actual app from the box, that shortcut would still be there, it just would not lead anywhere.
You could try deleting the app, if the app is an unwanted app. Or an app that can be easily installed again if wanted or needed. But my guess it would not work to remove the shortcut.
Factory data reset may be the only way to remove them shortcuts, except any shortcuts put there as a factory default will still be there after the reset. This buzz came with a Browser and a Kodi shortcut already there and a reset does not remove them, but it does remove any apps I added there.

If you wanna try completely deleting an app from your system, then check the link below for some info on the 'File Manager' and it's functions.
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?36524-Buzz-TV-Box-File-Browsers-Managers-and-AppInstallers

floder2
06-23-2018, 07:18 PM
If your trying to just remove the shortcut from the home page but not the App itself...then to the far right of the shortcuts is the +- ...click that and then choose the apps you want to remove as a shotcut

dishuser
06-23-2018, 07:22 PM
If your trying to just remove the shortcut from the home page but not the App itself...then to the far right of the shortcuts is the +- ...click that and then choose the apps you want to remove as a shotcut
I only see a +

floder2
06-23-2018, 07:23 PM
ok try it......................
once you choose the app you want add or remove it will ask yes or no

dishuser
06-23-2018, 07:25 PM
ok try it......................
once you choose the app you want add or remove it will ask yes or no
to add
not to remove

floder2
06-23-2018, 07:44 PM
Ok there are a couple of Apps on the home screen that can't be removed......I think it's netflix....Browser and playstore

dishuser
06-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Ok there are a couple of Apps on the home screen that can't be removed......I think it's netflix....Browser and playstore

it's every app
not just a select few

floder2
06-23-2018, 07:57 PM
So when you push the plus sign on the home page....it will show you all the Apps in the box...so what happens when you click on an app that is a shortcut on the home page...Don't you get a message if you want it on the home page with a yes or no answer............

floder2
06-23-2018, 08:00 PM
all right go to the home screen app you want removed from the desktop .....press and hold the OK button on the remote and it will give you a choice to remove it..........

dishuser
06-23-2018, 08:02 PM
all right go to the home screen app you want removed from the desktop .....press and hold the OK button on the remote and it will give you a choice to remove it..........
now you got it ;)

crazed 9.6
06-23-2018, 08:04 PM
I don't see how to remove with that Add icon thou. I tried with any shortcuts I put there and with defaults ones but there is no erase function that I can see:eek:
The reset removes all added shortcuts, but leaves the defaulted ones in place.

ohh I tried that.. let me try again :)

crazed 9.6
06-23-2018, 08:07 PM

and vola.. lol

thnx floder

floder2
06-23-2018, 08:09 PM
My pleasure.......................!!!

dishuser
06-24-2018, 03:11 AM
it's nice to see those that try to help learn :)

Marley
06-24-2018, 01:57 PM
yes it is i always say that just look at blue tooth post we all learn here everyday and best of all every member helps that what makes it a great site to learn so i removed that post was bad joke i just added what crazed said

crazed 9.6
06-24-2018, 05:46 PM
Is this about me ?
Am I the one that is 'trying' to help ?

lol... I think I am beyond the 'trying' part :)

Marley
06-24-2018, 06:15 PM
no i said lol was wrong of me