PDA

View Full Version : Any DL Updates Expected?

05-31-2018, 12:52 AM
Things have been pretty quiet from the DL team on updates. CaptainKangaroo or Mano9423 or any other who may be in the know, are you able to provide any insight if further support and updates are expected or forthcoming for any of the DL line of STB’s, specifically the work they were doing with m3u options and the ability to adjust epg time offset? Thx for any info anyone might be able to provide. I rarely use the Dlite which is a shame, it could be a great box.

Capt.Kangaroo
05-31-2018, 02:14 AM
Things have been pretty quiet from the DL team on updates. CaptainKangaroo or Mano9423 or any other who may be in the know, are you able to provide any insight if further support and updates are expected or forthcoming for any of the DL line of STB’s, specifically the work they were doing with m3u options and the ability to adjust epg time offset? Thx for any info anyone might be able to provide. I rarely use the Dlite which is a shame, it could be a great box.

New update, see sticky

05-31-2018, 10:15 PM
Thx for the quick follow up CaptainK, I see a new beta update is now available. Ill report back my findings.

Marley
06-01-2018, 03:18 PM
its been 15 mins installing should i reboot or let it keep going had reboot now stuck on trying to start

Marley
06-01-2018, 03:33 PM
on start up says lost market the hit ok and stuck on trying to start update reboot again and starting the new install see green bar going update all is great running the beta i was just a few behind thanks all

Marley
06-01-2018, 04:24 PM
wow beta is fast luv epg and looks great work dream team for a box that just show tv this is the number 1 to get fastest i seen yet 10 + on this and i dont say this if not true very good job on this so fast to switch channel and epg is great running the classic

catz
06-02-2018, 01:30 AM
Beta went well.

Capt.Kangaroo
06-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Yes beta is running nicely here as well

06-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the update DL team. I think I see a bit of a speed difference but I admit I’m disappointed that I didnt find any of the key updates required to make this box useful. As far as I can see there is still no setting to offset the epg to make the data correct. As many users report in these forums the epg info being fed from the IPTV server is not working in certain timezones. I’m in the ET zone and the guide info is still way off in both normal and UTC modes. Also, there is no UK info. A workaround for this would be to use an m3u playlist but the Portal settings do not allow for a remote epg data source to be used. So, while the update is appreciated, for me the DLite is currently not a suitable unit for the services discussed on this site. I see in the forums for some of the other DreamLink units recommendations to install Perfect Player and use this instead of DOL2 but you can’t install this on the DLite so I guess Ill stick with the ability to use Perfect Player on my old MyGica where a full epg populates and aligns with timezone perfectly.
Maybe the next DLite update will have some of these features...

danny187
06-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the update DL team. I think I see a bit of a speed difference but I admit I’m disappointed that I didnt find any of the key updates required to make this box useful. As far as I can see there is still no setting to offset the epg to make the data correct. As many users report in these forums the epg info being fed from the IPTV server is not working in certain timezones. I’m in the ET zone and the guide info is still way off in both normal and UTC modes. Also, there is no UK info. A workaround for this would be to use an m3u playlist but the Portal settings do not allow for a remote epg data source to be used. So, while the update is appreciated, for me the DLite is currently not a suitable unit for the services discussed on this site. I see in the forums for some of the other DreamLink units recommendations to install Perfect Player and use this instead of DOL2 but you can’t install this on the DLite so I guess Ill stick with the ability to use Perfect Player on my old MyGica where a full epg populates and aligns with timezone perfectly.
Maybe the next DLite update will have some of these features...

Yes you can add epg url in m3u section now, if have one there already, get on latest stable (released today)

Delete old playlist, then when go back in epg url is there to add.

06-04-2018, 11:54 PM
Awesome, cant wait to try it!

brazi
06-05-2018, 03:40 AM
85146 - Please let us know if epg works for you. I tried on mine, even rebooted and epg doesn't populate. I tried using Kodi on my PC and epg populates with epg url but not on Dlite. I'm not using any beta software, just official release. It could be my provider. My other provider that uses mac address as opposed to playlist, that epg loads fine, it may take a min or 2 to load but it does load. Thanks!

06-06-2018, 12:19 AM
85146 - Please let us know if epg works for you. I tried on mine, even rebooted and epg doesn't populate. I tried using Kodi on my PC and epg populates with epg url but not on Dlite. I'm not using any beta software, just official release. It could be my provider. My other provider that uses mac address as opposed to playlist, that epg loads fine, it may take a min or 2 to load but it does load. Thanks!
So I first tested DOL2 for live tv and the epg did load (no UK info) but the times were still way off so still not useful. Now for the good news! M3u works! I have successfully loaded the playlist from the server and added the url for /kens epg xml file and now 90% of the epg populates - even UK! and the time is spot on!!! Yeah!!! The only issue (and its minor) is that while the epg shows the name of the program that’s on, it is hit or miss to provide info on the show, i.e. episode details, story line etc. Again, no biggie. Next I am going to try loading a modded channel list from a local file and see how that works. Thanks DL team!!!

crazed 9.6
06-06-2018, 12:42 AM
One of the cool things about this is that you can load an m3u playlist from the server and have all your LiveTV channels there as they are from the server.
You can also load a modded VOD Playlist at same time (in the second line).
Then you have both LiveTV and a modded VODs list with both accessible just by hitting the menu button on your RCU (which brings up LiveTV or VOD or Portal options).
So, what you have is two Playlists to choose from.
Works great.
And now we do not have to exit the DOL2 and start up an external Player to view a Playlist , modded or not.

If you try the modded VOD playlist found here in the m3u forum, you might like the categories created and they work great with this Playlist Portal :)
You have to take that list to a text editor first thou and get your credentials entered in the channel lines. Directions are included and is very easy to do :)

Scroll all the way left while viewing VOD to open categories (same functionality as with regular VOD list).
If you want to watch a movie from maybe Ryan Reynolds or Stephen King or many other headings, just open that category heading and there will be the chooses...

06-06-2018, 12:48 AM
Thx Crazed, this is a great advancement for this little box and if it continues to run like it is now, it will be my new go-to. Re the custom playlists, I have been following the work you are doing posting these - thank you. I admit I havent tried one of yours as I have modded my own that I use with Perfect Player so I will start tinkering with one for the DLite and I may just try your VOD list. This really is a sweet setup!
Well done DL Team!