PDA

View Full Version : T2 Overheating and Freezing Up

Galaxy-CA
05-10-2018, 01:08 AM
I know that sounds like a contradiction! However, I find that when my T2 has been on for a few hours and has been busy during that time, it sometimes stops playing recorded material correctly, even though I know the recorded file is fine on the HD. And, sometimes the T2 just freezes completely and will not respond to the RC. On inspection, I found that the T2 box was getting very hot, especially on the underside, near the back. If I unplug it and leave it for half an hour, then plug it back in again, all seems to be fine. Does anyone else have a problem with overheating, and is this normal / expected behavior with this box?

4me2c
05-10-2018, 01:37 AM
I put Plastic Caps from Milk Bottles under My STB to Raise it up a little for more Air Circulation and to keep it Cooler...! If You have a Spare USB Port, find a small fan to Suck the Hot Air Away from the Unit...! Just Ideas...!

Gabacho
05-10-2018, 02:22 PM
I take the cover off all my boxes to allow them to cool better.

Bkman2020
05-10-2018, 03:01 PM
if your warranty is up i would open the box up and get a heat sink for all chips and put it down with some thermal paste.

meezer
05-10-2018, 05:04 PM
glue a cpu fan to the top .run it with a 9 vdc battery

Galaxy-CA
06-09-2018, 12:39 AM
Just to say that I took Gallardo's advice, broke the seal and opened the box. I now run it with the component card sitting on top of the box instead of inside it! It has really done the tirck and runs much cooler now. I still have to reboot the box occasionally (once a week or so), but given that it's basically a tiny computer, that's not really too surprising. Anyway, all the freezing and non-responsiveness seems to have gone away since I opened it up. Thanks for the tip!