PDA

View Full Version : T2 Bricked after latest firmware update

Galaxy-CA
04-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Yesterday (4/11) my T-2 alerted me that there was a new firmware update available. I accepted it, and it performed the download, and then rebooted. However, the reboot did not complete, and it gets stuck on 'Preparing to start'. The blue screen with a spinning circle just freezes. I have attempted a reset by holding down the up arrow on the remote while rebooting, but that only produces the same result. How can I perform a factory reset, if I can't get to the settings screen to initiate it? I don't see any reset button on the box. Is there a factory reset zip file I can load from a USB stick?

crazed 9.6
04-12-2018, 05:13 PM
is it using WiFi ?
Is there USB drives connceted ? Disconnect if so.

Connect an Ethernet maybe to get passed that preparing to start message

Galaxy-CA
04-12-2018, 05:17 PM
No USB drive connected, and Ethernet wired connection to my router. No wi-fi.

crazed 9.6
04-12-2018, 05:22 PM
No USB drive connected, and Ethernet wired connection to my router. No wi-fi.

some times at start up, these androids may get stuck when they go thru the USB or HDMI or internet connection recognition... is why I suggest to change those and see if it helps.
Power off the T2 (unplug it). Disconect the HDMI.
Power on and leave on for 5 minutes, (5 minutes is just to be sure you do not interupt the start up sequence if it is working but you will not see with no HDMI connected)
Then power off again, reconnect HDMI and power on and check for results.

Galaxy-CA
04-12-2018, 05:52 PM
OK, that worked. Thank you. It then wanted to do an IPTV update as well, which I let it, and after another reboot (which completed successfully) I saw it installed the DOL-2 app which I didn't have previously. Must start exploring that. (So far, I have only been using Kodi.) All looks good again. Much appreciated.

crazed 9.6
04-12-2018, 06:00 PM
OK, that worked. Thank you. It then wanted to do an IPTV update as well, which I let it, and after another reboot (which completed successfully) I saw it installed the DOL-2 app which I didn't have previously. Must start exploring that. (So far, I have only been using Kodi.) All looks good again. Much appreciated.

cool beans :)