PDA

View Full Version : After latest update T2 box hangs starting up

azpilot61
01-23-2018, 05:56 PM
Box has been running fine for two weeks since I have had it. I have it setup to power off rather then go into standby mode.

Went on vacation last week, came home turned on box and update happened, all was good.

Then the last two days after being off either all day while at work or all night while sleeping I turn the box on and it hangs at either T2 or Dreamlink logo and does nothing else. I pull the power and plug back in and it boots up fine.

I did have a wifi USB dongle plugged into the USB port for my keyboard. I have removed that this morning. Possible that I need to reset the box to default and reload next?

crazed 9.6
01-23-2018, 06:15 PM
remove all connections , including HDMI.. boot up, wait a good 10 minutes (because you will not see the screen with no HDMI).
Then power off , reconnect HDMI and try again.

azpilot61
01-24-2018, 11:16 AM
Tried this last night did not seem to make any difference at all. I see another update hit the box however from 1/24. Tonight I guess I'll master reset everything and see what happens. I don't mind it being in standby mode, but would rather have it off when not in use for hours.

profster
01-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Another update this morning. Checked the SSD drive and it is still causing DOL2 not to load. Wonder what has changed in the last 2 updates that stop SSD/USB drive stopping loading of system.

azpilot61
01-24-2018, 03:22 PM
Another update this morning. Checked the SSD drive and it is still causing DOL2 not to load. Wonder what has changed in the last 2 updates that stop SSD/USB drive stopping loading of system.

Interesting, once I get mine sorted out (nothing plugged in at the moment) I'm going to plug in my 500GB SSD drive and see if the same thing happens as your seeing.

azpilot61
01-30-2018, 11:35 AM
So after factory reset twice just to make sure I still have the same hang when starting up after being off for some time. I'm just going to leave it as I do record shows at night and leaving the box on standby allows it to move to the different channels and record.