PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up the new DreamLink D-Lite?????

satwatcher
01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
When I start setting this unit up, do I enter the same portal information as I used on my IKS platform? I ask because there's been a change in domain addresses since I last set up my T4 on IKS many years ago. Has there also been a domain change for "p1.iptvrocket.tv"? I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to type that in here. I mean no harm. I'm just trying to ask as accurately as possible to get accurate answers.

My Rocket Checker has no playlist chosen, and the current pull down menu says "select a playlist". Do I manually change that on the computer in the Rocket Checker page, or is that done on the D-Lite? Also, do I pick M3U, or M3U with options. I vaguely remember the M3U platform being discussed here, but can't seem to find it now that I'm researching.

My Rocket Checker also says "disabled" in the Internet Provider Lock section pull down menu. Again, do I change that on the Rocket Checker web page, or is that done automatically by the D-Lite?

I currently show "Active", and 59 days left to get this right. If I get it working, then I'll know to renew my subscription some time in late February.

Thanks for all of your help, and thanks for having several familiar "faces" (screen names) still here to work with. You guys are either very loyal to the cause, or bad cockroaches. You know. Always there when we turn the lights back on. Hope that creates the brief chuckle it was intended to make and doesn't insult anybody.

01-09-2018, 11:03 PM
When I start setting this unit up, do I enter the same portal information as I used on my IKS platform? No you enter your IPTV code for both username and password I ask because there's been a change in domain addresses since I last set up my T4 on IKS many years ago. Has there also been a domain change for "p1.iptvrocket.tv"? No, use the domain name you have asigned to you I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to type that in here. I mean no harm. I'm just trying to ask as accurately as possible to get accurate answers.

My Rocket Checker has no playlist chosen, and the current pull down menu says "select a playlist". Do I manually change that on the computer in the Rocket Checker page, or is that done on the D-Lite? Your best option is to link your DLite’s MAC address to the account. You will see your DLite’s MAC address in the settings area for a new portal. Enter this into the area on the Rocket Checker page in the MAC address area. Also, do I pick M3U, or M3U with options.When using MAC address option you dont use the M3U option I vaguely remember the M3U platform being discussed here, but can't seem to find it now that I'm researching.

My Rocket Checker also says "disabled" in the Internet Provider Lock section pull down menu. Again, do I change that on the Rocket Checker web page, or is that done automatically by the D-Lite? This option is your choice to enable to disable on the Rocket web page - same for Country lock

I currently show "Active", and 59 days left to get this right. If I get it working, then I'll know to renew my subscription some time in late February. Yep, good luck

Thanks for all of your help, and thanks for having several familiar "faces" (screen names) still here to work with. You guys are either very loyal to the cause, or bad cockroaches. You know. Always there when we turn the lights back on. Hope that creates the brief chuckle it was intended to make and doesn't insult anybody.

Seee my responses in red Hope this helps, Im interested in hearing what you think of the box.

jony604
01-10-2018, 12:48 AM
The question is what you think of this box didn't you just won one and almost the last one if farmer had let you.
Mine is on it's way and i just read the specks yes i just play to win don't you all?
one more question do you have to use the dlite mac? or it does not mater

crazed 9.6
01-10-2018, 12:55 AM
use the Dlite MAC , yes

this receiver may surprise some as to its limitations, but that is how they made it and so the price can be dropped for those only wanting an iptv server and nothing else.
I set up a DLite not long ago and it worked great for its purpose (which is iptv service)

Can't side-load apk files.
When with an apk file (side-loading) it comes up with a message that the file type can not be loaded.
I did not delve too deeply with the m3u files thou.... but to try that we would need a Player of some sort to be loaded first.

Another thing is that this DLIte may not let you get to any menus unless you first connect to internet (wiFi or wired).
Upon setting up the receiver for the first time, do not skip that internet connection step expecting to come back to it later. Complete the connection before you go further.

satwatcher
01-10-2018, 01:52 PM
The question is what you think of this box didn't you just won one and almost the last one if farmer had let you.
Mine is on it's way and i just read the specks yes i just play to win don't you all?
one more question do you have to use the dlite mac? or it does not mater

I'm not the person who won the unit. I paid for mine, and waited for delivery. I saw some old acquaintances and familiar names saying great things about it. Since I trust those names implicitly, I figured I had to buy that product if I wanted to get my service up and running again.

jony604
01-10-2018, 06:04 PM
thanks for the info crazed and satwatcher i was referring to 85146 won that box to see what he thought

01-10-2018, 10:57 PM
thanks for the info crazed and satwatcher i was referring to 85146 won that box to see what he thought
I planned to write a detailed review of the box but I am holding off to see if the EPG issues identified in my other post are resolved in short order. I don’t want any shortcomings experienced as a result of the provider to bias the performance of the box. I do see that this unit could be extremly impressive as a simplified, cost efficient platform for IPTV only (which I think is great idea for a niche market) if only it all came together in the EPG user interface. Currently it is not my ‘go to’ unit for this reason alone but I really hope that will change because it offers a lot of other positive features. More observations to come when the system is straightened out in the backend.

satwatcher
01-11-2018, 01:27 AM
URL not responding
I can't seem to make this work. Each time I try to connect, it says either "URL not available", or it says "check internet connection and URL port". The settings in the D-Lite say its connected to the internet and I can watch Japanese channels on Free TV, so its clearly connected. I've tried 11.iptvrocket.tv which is written on my original email.print out from this year's donation. It also said 1p.iptvrocket.tv in the Rocket checker page, and I've tried that. I also tried ending both of the 2 urls from my documents with suffex of ".is" and ".nl" just to try everything I could think of. They don't work either. I've tried entering my donation number in the user name and password. I've also tried entering my order number in the user name with my donation number in the password. I've also tried using my email address on file from my purchase as the user name and my donation number in the password. Maybe somebody can figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure it's something simple. I've also gone to the Rocket page and made the changes listed here in the forums like blanking out the MAC address and letting the D-Lite address be found automatically...etc. Any help would be appreciated.

crazed 9.6
01-11-2018, 01:37 AM
The server URL listed at the website is usually the one to use, but that is not always the case.

1p.iptvrocket.tv
Did you add the prefix of http:// ?
And did you also try the full URL ? (which is shown with your rocket code thru the website).

The 12 digit Rocket 'Donation' number is both the Username and the password (same 12 digit number for both).

Is your Dlite's MAC address currently attached (linked) and showing as such at the Rocket website ?

satwatcher
01-11-2018, 02:02 AM
The http:// is automatically on the screen. I actually tried removing it and when I tried to connect it said "bad address" so I went back and it was already back on the screen again.
I remembered when so renewed my OLD last year I had to enter my email address as my user name with my 12 digit as my password. Don't know why but it was the only way it would work. I tried it here just based on past experience, but it made no difference.
I also tried the full URL because the Rocket checker page said if the 1p.iptvrocket.tv gave trouble to try the full address of
1p.iptvrocket.tv/c/index.html and it didn't work either. Any more ideas? I may not try tonight, but I'll try tomorrow when I get home from work.

crazed 9.6
01-11-2018, 02:14 AM
try 2p.iptvrocket.tv

At the checker site is where you can enter your email on top line and 12 digit donation number on second line and that works same as using the 16 digit Order number on the top line... maybe that was what you were thinking from that past experience

duhhud
01-11-2018, 06:42 AM
satwatcher it is hxxp://p1.iptvrocket.tv/c/ change( xx to tt ) not 1p.iptvrocket.tv then use your donation number as username and as your password

satwatcher
01-11-2018, 12:25 PM
I've tried each of these suggestions, and none of them are working. I keep getting messages that say "check internet connection and URL". Well, I've confirmed the internet connection to be working, so it must be the URL. I've tried several dozen combinations of URLs and none of them seem to make it work. I'm still open to idea, because I have to keep moving until I get it working. I have 57 days left on my donation. It's my intentions to make this work so I'll know whether or not to renew my donation when the time comes. Please continue throwing ideas at me to try. Hopefully, something from my experience of trial and error will help somebody in the future.

satwatcher
01-11-2018, 12:31 PM
My original Rocket documentation shows 11.iptvrocket.tv and the checker shows p1.iptvrocket.tv. It was suggested on one of theses threads to try p2.iptvrocket.tv. I also tried p3 and p4 and p5 and p6 and p7 and p8 and p9 I also tried 11 and 22 and 33 and 44 and 55 and 66 and 77 and 88 and 99 just to wipe out all possibilities. None of them worked either. I always get the same message after trying to connect. "check internet connection and URL" or, if I really screw it up, it may say "bad address" or "URL not available". Just trying to share all of the symptoms I've run into, in the hopes somebody will spot something familiar.

satwatcher
01-11-2018, 01:43 PM
The server URL listed at the website is usually the one to use, but that is not always the case.

1p.iptvrocket.tv
Did you add the prefix of http:// ?
And did you also try the full URL ? (which is shown with your rocket code thru the website).

The 12 digit Rocket 'Donation' number is both the Username and the password (same 12 digit number for both).

Is your Dlite's MAC address currently attached (linked) and showing as such at the Rocket website ?

OK Crazed - - I checked the Rocket website...I manually entered the MAC address by clicking "Change IPTV MAC" then I was automatically logged out and I logged back in and clicked "IPTV Reset" to confirm the MAC change took effect...then I changed the Internet Provider Lock to show "Enabled" and clicked "Apply" and it logged me out again...then I logged back in and clicked "IPTV Reset" to make sure the Lock took effect..when logged back in all of the changes reflected accordingly...I'll try again when I get home from work this afternoon and let you know how it worked out...Thank you again...we'll get this sooner or later

duhhud
01-11-2018, 03:18 PM
ok here is what i would try,
first set up mac at site
2...set up url....p1.iptvrocket.tv( i am not a 100% sure but i think there is only 1 URL for rocket iptv)
then donation for user and pass word.
3..try it
4..if it said check internet connection and URL i would try wifi if you have it hard wired.
and if you have it on wifi try hard wired.(i do not have one of these boxes so i am not sure if they have wifi or not)
5..i would recommend hard wired and i would try a different Ethernet cord.
6...i do not believe the issue is the URL i believe it is a internet problem at the box or the cable you are using.
7....i would even try doing a factory reset on the box....

satwatcher
01-11-2018, 03:40 PM
ok here is what i would try,
first set up mac at site
2...set up url....p1.iptvrocket.tv( i am not a 100% sure but i think there is only 1 URL for rocket iptv)
then donation for user and pass word.
3..try it
4..if it said check internet connection and URL i would try wifi if you have it hard wired.
and if you have it on wifi try hard wired.(i do not have one of these boxes so i am not sure if they have wifi or not)
5..i would recommend hard wired and i would try a different Ethernet cord.
6...i do not believe the issue is the URL i believe it is a internet problem at the box or the cable you are using.
7....i would even try doing a factory reset on the box....

I've already tried both, WiFi, and hard wired ethernet. The box says it's connected in the settings, and I've already watched some free channels from foreign countries witch proves it's connected. I currently have both, the WiFi and hard wire connected to it. Regardless of which one I Try, it still says "check URL and internet connection". It can't be the connection, because that's been confirmed by multiple other methods.
Thank you for all of your suggestions and attempts. Unfortunately, I've already exhausted those items.
I'm sure, when we all figure it out, it will be something as simple as a typo, or a missed requirement, or an issue at Rocket. I only hope my experience here can help another person someday with their D-Lite.
I'm still wondering if, when the URLs changed for the Rocket page, and for the Forum page, maybe the URLs for the service also needed a change and we just haven't been informed of it yet???? Maybe a Mod or Super Mod can check on this theory??? If something was already logged in, it may have automatically transferred to the new URL, but a new person trying to log into the old URL can't get there from here. ????

crazed 9.6
01-11-2018, 04:09 PM
URL did not change

if you would like,you can send me your donation number and I can take a look at things on that side.
Click my name and send tome in private message.

crazed 9.6
01-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Your code is working satwatcher.
Working with the p1.iptvrocket.tv URL
Check many channels and most are fine.
I changed the MAC to my DLite MAC and that did the reset and then I did not Apply that IP Lock. I just left it showing 'enabled' but did not use the Apply function.

One thing I had trouble with was the wifi.. I had this Dlite showing connected thru WiFi but I kept getting a on screen message that Market would not load and then it would just stay on the Checking Connection screen. So all I did was plug in the Ethernet cable and I did leave the WiFi antenna connected. Then rebooted with rear switch and back on again.
then it went straight to Checking Connection and then Updating Firmware.. after that completed it went to Live channels and started working... many channels working.

So use Ethernet connection to rule the Wi-Fi issue out (might just be my issue, but ...)

I will now reset your MAC back onto your code and reset it.

satwatcher
01-11-2018, 11:57 PM
Your code is working satwatcher.
Working with the p1.iptvrocket.tv URL
Check many channels and most are fine.
I changed the MAC to my DLite MAC and that did the reset and then I did not Apply that IP Lock. I just left it showing 'enabled' but did not use the Apply function.

One thing I had trouble with was the wifi.. I had this Dlite showing connected thru WiFi but I kept getting a on screen message that Market would not load and then it would just stay on the Checking Connection screen. So all I did was plug in the Ethernet cable and I did leave the WiFi antenna connected. Then rebooted with rear switch and back on again.
then it went straight to Checking Connection and then Updating Firmware.. after that completed it went to Live channels and started working... many channels working.

So use Ethernet connection to rule the Wi-Fi issue out (might just be my issue, but ...)

I will now reset your MAC back onto your code and reset it.

Crazed----thank you very much for putting in that much effort. When I got home from work, I tried it again. This time it worked. I did manually add the MAC address and an IPTV reset today on the computer at work. Other than that, I used all of the same information that was not working all this time. I have to assume the computer changes I made at work today did the trick. I'll probably never know. The bottom line is it works now, and, as per usual, I have the members here to thank for that. Now I just have to learn how to operate IPTV well enough to step up to a different hardware that allows for loading extra software. That way I can finally figure out how to get back my PPV channels and adult channels, since this system doesn't offer them.
AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. THIS FORUM HAS SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ON IT.

crazed 9.6
01-12-2018, 12:13 AM
for ADult channels, while viewing any channel use the left arrow on your RCU (remote control) . That will bring up the Groups. Scroll them and you will find the Adult Group

Them PPV movies as what DN or B3v have had and do have, are not available thru any iptv service or fta service these days (any that I know of and I know of lots) :)
The PPV movies that an IPTV service may advertise is misleading. Yes,there are and can be many new movies in a grouping, like the VOD group, but they are mainly any movie that can be found and added to the server library and yes there are new ones along with older ones. Its like having a huge library of movies new and old...

With that DLite you do have the Adult Group available, just not so well seen :)
and also you do have the VOD (which many refer to as iptv's version of PPV), to see them thru your DLIte, on your your RCU, look for the button labeled as VOD :)

and looking back on this thread, it looks like I had the p1 or 1p thing mixed up.. (with p1 being correct).. sorry about that :)

jony604
01-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Ok one almost happy costumer down, i am next i am a bit seasoned though just got my free box thank you captain and the dreamlink team/farmer /crazed but my grandson 2 years + old is here for a sleepover
i don't think he or grandma let me have the remote maybe Monday ha ha he goes to daycare and grandma to work
and i am home alone again son of g....