PDA

View Full Version : Constant Rebooting

jgrandy
01-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Anyone else experience constant rebooting with their boot. Initially I thought it was due to the 12/20 update. For some reason the update would not go through for me. I did a factory reset on the box and got the 12/20 update but the constant reboots are continuing.

ilan
01-01-2018, 08:11 PM
I haven't heard of that issue. I would try another reset and hold off on the update for the moment to see if it works alright without it.

NBS
01-01-2018, 08:54 PM
How often does it reboot?
disconnect hdmi cable and see if it continues to reboot

jgrandy
01-01-2018, 09:13 PM
How often does it reboot?
disconnect hdmi cable and see if it continues to reboot

Varies, sometimes it will just constantly cycle through some reboots. Other times will run for a few minutes then randomly reboot. Did a new factory reset and so far so good.

bwcbob
01-02-2018, 01:09 AM
I had that happen with a kinked HDMI cable. Caused a short in the cable and would reboot the box.

PayPerView
01-02-2018, 01:55 AM
Yes, I have had this issue happen to me two days ago (Dec. 30 2017). I got stuck in a constant reboot and the BuzzTV video that plays at the beginning of the boot up just kept playing over and over and over. I tried unplugging the box for a while and when I plugged back in it still played the Buzz video over and over during boot up and of course never booted. All I could do was unplug and replug and still the same thing. Some times the boot video would freeze and the sound would freeze with a constant fast paced thump thump thump sound......had to unplug and replug again. Finely gave up and and had to do a reset with a tooth pick in the hole on the under belly of the box. I was getting scared for a bit because even with the reset button pushed it still wouldn't reboot. I thought I had a bricked BuzzTV box. It finely booted to the Android screen with the reset button pushed and I was able to access the box. I tried a reboot from this screen but still got the endless Buzz video playing over and over so with another attempt at the reset button I got back into the Android screen and had to reset the whole box; lost everything. It did boot up and take me to the home screen so I started the arduous process of setting everything back up again and reloading all my apps.

PayPerView
01-05-2018, 05:54 AM
My BuzzTV box is again stuck in perpetual reboot. The opening video during boot up just keeps playing over and over. This has happened to me once before (see post above) and I think I have figured out the pattern. If you turn off the Buzz box just by hitting the power button on the remote there is no issue. If you hit the power button on the remote to turn it on again there is no issue. However, if you are on the home screen of the BuzzTV and move over to the power button on the bottom right corner of the screen and select it you get three options. One of the options is "reboot" select this option and you will be perpetually stuck in reboot forcing you to use the reset button on the underneath of the box. Each time I have been stuck here is because I tried to reboot the box. This time I was trying to reboot the box because I needed the mouse pointer but it just would not come up when I hit the mouse button. Figured a reboot would fix this; nope, back to reloading my Buzz box again starting from scratch.

dishuser
01-06-2018, 01:41 AM
My BuzzTV box is again stuck in perpetual reboot. The opening video during boot up just keeps playing over and over. This has happened to me once before (see post above) and I think I have figured out the pattern. If you turn off the Buzz box just by hitting the power button on the remote there is no issue. If you hit the power button on the remote to turn it on again there is no issue. However, if you are on the home screen of the BuzzTV and move over to the power button on the bottom right corner of the screen and select it you get three options. One of the options is "reboot" select this option and you will be perpetually stuck in reboot forcing you to use the reset button on the underneath of the box. Each time I have been stuck here is because I tried to reboot the box. This time I was trying to reboot the box because I needed the mouse pointer but it just would not come up when I hit the mouse button. Figured a reboot would fix this; nope, back to reloading my Buzz box again starting from scratch.I used that option yesterday and it just rebooted

ivan56
01-30-2018, 03:35 AM
Mine's doing the same thing is there any fix for it

manford
01-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Over a week ago when I first started the use of mine. No picture came on at all.
After this happened, I ended up trying another HDMI cable. I found the HDMI cable that came with mine, was defective.
Looked like in mass production, one or more of the connector pins did not mold out properly, because I could see it hanging in side the plug.
I was lucky there was not a short.

NBS
01-30-2018, 04:55 PM
Please try another HDMI We have found one batch of defective cables from our supplier

ivan56
01-31-2018, 12:41 AM
I did I tried couple still the same keeps rebooting it's probably something wrong with the Box

manford
01-31-2018, 12:50 AM
NBS. Yes I just took the HDMI from my T5 Sat Receiver, as now I can't use it anymore, and it works fine with that.