PDA

View Full Version : My review of the Dreamlink T2

Farmer1
12-19-2017, 01:35 AM
My review of the Dreamlink T2

In My opinion
Another Top Notch Box by Dreamlink
Pic quality is among the best I've seen
Record and PVR functions are working awesome you will need a thumb drive or DS video quality card
Moves between channels fast
Guide is nice It shows the info of the show while watching another show
Im sure OS: ANDROID 7 NOUGAT is what helps to make this a great box
Again not impressed with the dongle antenna stealing 1 of my USB ports
loaded Kodi 17.6 krypton all is good

I would highly recommend the Dreamlink T2 to anyone looking for a set top box

You can find the specs here http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?35197-T2-Avail-Dec-20th-Where-to-Buy&p=218102&viewfull=1#post218102
where to buy here http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?35197-T2-Avail-Dec-20th-Where-to-Buy

Capt.Kangaroo
12-19-2017, 02:38 AM
Nice review, thanks farmer

guygoy
12-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Hi, guys really sorry if i copy/paste my questions from another post but had to ask to Farmer1 too;

OK yes great advice indeed, I do own a T1 Plus myself but the playback of recordings is awful to watch at this moment, instead of making the last update for adding chinese channels I was hoping for improvement of playback recordings (sorry if I repeat myself from other posts) but that's the big problem for me because what is the advantage of recording if the playback is not good because of too much slow motion phase going on so if they can't improve that on T1 Plus then what is the quality of recording/payback on the new T2???? If its resolve and playback is normal/perfect like it is on other pvr able receivers then i would glady buy the T2 even if i already own a T1 Plus because it's frustrating to have so many good channels on IPTV but i can't record anything because it's not very watchable on playback. I just tried to watch a boxing event on Fox Sports 1 that i record since i missed it but i stop watching it because every 30 or 60 seconds there were a sequence in slow motion so it is kind of frustrating you know. So that is what i'm wondering if T2 has better/normal/perfect recording/playback then i would jump on a Dreamlink T2 even though i should hope for a resolution of that problem from a T1 Plus update...When i watch something live it is much better quality then on recordings so i'm not exaggerating anything about this problem on the T1 Plus....

Thank you:)

Marley
12-19-2017, 07:45 PM
box really has nothing to do with that think its server recording i still need test for that but think it should be fine on new box will try sometime today have lots to do today and yes this is a very fine box to get if you have 4k tv will be happy and kodi and live run very well on this box and i dont use dongle antenna hard wire all the way

marcm
12-19-2017, 07:52 PM
My T1 Plus seems to record fine. What media are you using? USB Stick? SD Card? External HD?

Marley
12-19-2017, 08:26 PM
and what format

guygoy
12-19-2017, 08:38 PM
box really has nothing to do with that think its server recording i still need test for that but think it should be fine on new box will try sometime today have lots to do today and yes this is a very fine box to get if you have 4k tv will be happy and kodi and live run very well on this box and i dont use dongle antenna hard wire all the way

Hi, thank you for your help but if box has nothing to do with it how come on the same channel i don't get these "slow motion" moves as often when watching live. Then i record the end of a program that i was watching and on playback it gets hard to watch. Anyway i know part of it has to do with the feed itself as you say, since i see the problem also on live streaming...

But i have to say that i tested mostly a couple of sports channels so i'll record different things like on HBO, Showtime HLN/i just love Forensic Files episodes...I guess i jumped and panic too soon, sorry for that but a big THANK YOU for your feedback!

guygoy
12-19-2017, 08:49 PM
My T1 Plus seems to record fine. What media are you using? USB Stick? SD Card? External HD?

Hi, I'm using a 2TB external hard drive formatted in NTFS and i'd like to know from you guys if you like the way timeshift feature works and if it play well for you...It doesn't work as precisely as my Bell Xpressvu PVR but i understand it's not satellite tv.

Again thank you to all of you for the help and input...:)

Marley
12-19-2017, 10:27 PM
mine is formatted to fat32 an 2 tb should be fine heck you cant put to many 4k movies on that that weird to say yrs ago i would have said wow what a big drive

marcm
12-20-2017, 12:12 AM
Maybe do a quick test by recording to a class 10 SD card instead (if you have a spare one laying around) to see if the random slow motion issue goes away. That might narrow down the possible cause a bit.

Farmer1
12-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Im using a 32 g USB stick formatted to Fat 32
I have only done a few short test but on those tests the Record playback and PVR worked flawlessly
If you like i can do longer test on 1 of the channels you have been having problems on

Marley
12-20-2017, 01:20 AM
thats what i said Farmer1 try slate drive

guygoy
12-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Maybe do a quick test by recording to a class 10 SD card instead (if you have a spare one laying around) to see if the random slow motion issue goes away. That might narrow down the possible cause a bit.

Hello marcm; yes i do have some sd card but just don't know what you mean by "class 10", ok just checked, I have a Scandisk SD 2GB and a Lexar multi-use SDHC 4GB, I'm not very familiar with SD card, I used them in the past for a hunting trail camera. Maybe if I format my 2TB to fat 32 but I'm not sure if it's irrelevant. I'll get back to you very soon to see what it does...

Just wanting to make sure, since we are in the Dreamlink T2 section, we are still talking about the T1 Plus...SSD drive is the new technology, so I guess I could buy one of those if it might make a big difference on playback. And yes if you could test some recordings on Fox Sports 1 and tell me which Iptv provider you use because i have 3-4 that i use right now.

Again THANK YOU...

marcm
12-20-2017, 02:51 PM
Class 10 is just one of several speed ratings for SD cards, which I believe is the minimum recommended for HD video. It should be printed on the card as a 10 inside a "C". I have used a Patriot 64GB SD card in my T1 plus for recording without any issues. An hour long program takes about 2GB. You can do a test recording with the 2GB or 4GB SD card (and the HD USB disconnected) to at least narrow down where the problem might be.

profster
12-20-2017, 08:41 PM
I have never seen any device not work with playback of recorded media. I have tested T1, T1+ and just tested T2 a few minutes ago. All is perfect. Presently I use a USB to SATA 128 GB SSD for recording.

Marley
12-20-2017, 09:27 PM
there you go that what i'm talking about

guygoy
12-21-2017, 05:47 PM
I have never seen any device not work with playback of recorded media. I have tested T1, T1+ and just tested T2 a few minutes ago. All is perfect. Presently I use a USB to SATA 128 GB SSD for recording.

OK, that clears up any assumption I have, I guess it has more to do with the channel and the provider I tried for my first recordings. I'll buy a micro or mini SD (class 10 or higher for HD) card because the slot on T1 Plus isn't for standard SD card but for the smaller ones which would be micro SD card. Just recorded for about an hour and a half on Showtime with the same provider I first tried, on my 64 GB Kingston USB stick with of course my 2TB disconnected and I'll watch it tonight carefully because I'm kind of obsessed with this kind of things...

It doesn't hurt to do more testing since it looks like I was wrong and I was also wondering how many GB it takes for about an hour long recording with T1 Plus so thank you to marcm for clearing that up...

guygoy
12-24-2017, 07:12 PM
Well, I tried after formatting my 16GB USB stick to Fat32 and I still have the same problems on playback, like slow motion, rewind of some seconds by itself and I tried HBO, SHOWTIME while watching live it's fine but the same viewing on playback is awful...
So one thing is clear whether it's NTFS or FAT32, that's not the problem. I just saw on other posts that even the T2 for some people has recording issues so I guess there are many settings factors to consider when trying to find a solution for me and others...

Anyway I'll keep you posted if you're not tired of my recording problems with my T1 Plus...

ssathi
12-25-2017, 03:21 AM
Do I have to use an external wifi antenna or is it internal ?.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-25-2017, 03:39 AM
Do I have to use an external wifi antenna or is it internal ?.
The T2 uses an external usb antenna

guygoy
12-28-2017, 06:26 PM
I guess that the only thing left to try is a sd class 10 card or an SSD drive but I don't have either so I'm checking to buy an SSD drive but i'M tempted to try another box like Z7+ or T2 because of the high prices of SSD ...:confused:

Farmer1
12-28-2017, 07:05 PM
I find that very weird
I've used both the t2 and the DLite and the play back is the same as when watch as i record the program

Capt.Kangaroo
12-28-2017, 09:40 PM
That is strange. I've recorded with a (FAT Formatted) 64GB flashdrive and a 1TB Western Digital External USB Drive. Great results with both recording and playback. Never tried Micro card, just usb drives
All models too. T1,T1+,T2,Dlite and Z7+

guygoy
12-29-2017, 04:58 AM
Yes and just tried another USB stick of 4GB with the same result with every format like exfat/fat32/ntfs, I'll try to make a short video of what I mean to show exactly my playback problems. What is strange is that I played the .ts file on my pc and there is no "slow motion" except a small blur of color at the beginning for a couple of seconds of each video but after that playback on my computer(with WMP or VLC) is fine (with great picture quality). So what I found is that the recording itself is not the problem but the way playback is made by my T1 + ...

Just ordered a Z7+ today because I'm so frustrated with this but since Dreamlink is also the maker of that device I'm afraid to get the same problem, who knows ...

Again thank you guys for your support:)

Farmer1
12-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Did you try a factory reset that may help no guarantee
But sometimes it does wonders

guygoy
12-31-2017, 07:59 AM
Did you try a factory reset that may help no guarantee
But sometimes it does wonders

Yes just tried 2 factory resets and 1 software reset, still same problem I tried with the reset factory file but pressing channel button up at startup does nothing for me, I don't get the "system update" message pop up, it just goes to where I was the last time I started the T1 Plus...:(